Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Xtractor Depot

Thread Title Search
Xtractor Depot Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2016, 03:46 PM #31
Old Gold

Old Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really nice
The first 6" x 6" collection pot I had definitely shows minor corrosion after lots of use. A ring all the way around, right near the edge where the base is welded onto spool.
Old Gold is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2016, 12:37 AM #32
FishmanK

FishmanK has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasshaircut View Post
Is there any way to test it? It's raining outside, should I put some fittings in the yard and wait for rust?
reaction to this issue would be to think how it might be annealed properly and then just fire it in a digitally controlled oven to make sure the annealing was correct

would this take a ramp-and soak segment controller?
"are the temp periods for annealing and temp levels super critical to +-1 degree or? and what are the temps involved?", would be my thoughts/questions.
that and, what is "solution annealed"?
chemical treatment to untie the chromium?
FishmanK is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 AM #33
FishmanK

FishmanK has disabled reputation
sorry kind of off the extractor depot subject...
I went back there and saw more and think maybe my browser needs updating because I had had problems w the navigation on the menus
they have much more than I had seen the first time there
heh
FishmanK is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2016, 12:24 PM #34
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
The first 6" x 6" collection pot I had definitely shows minor corrosion after lots of use. A ring all the way around, right near the edge where the base is welded onto spool.
The weld zone is typically where rust will show up, because it was welded after it was solution annealed. A higher grade of stainless, containing more chromium, or a low carbon L grade, is typically used if post weld heat treat isn't feasible.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 02:51 AM #35
TNEx

TNEx will become famous soon enough
Does anyone have a discount code for these guys? (Xtractor Depot)
TNEx is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2016, 01:03 AM #36
Xtractor_Depot

Xtractor_Depot is on a distinguished road
Hello ICMag!

Hello ICMag members!

We are excited to bring some much needed service and products to this industry! We aim to bring the best customer service and the most efficiently designed products on the market at a competitive price. We are developing more and more products by the week and we will be showcasing them here on the website. Stay tuned as we are designing products with award-winning xtractors and bringing innovative products to the market.

Thanks guys!
Xtractor_Depot is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2016, 01:08 PM #37
Schmetty87

Schmetty87 will become famous soon enoughSchmetty87 will become famous soon enough
This place is pretty awesome actually.

They are making some changes to their systems in the future that will be much desired options for some of us using deeper collection pots.

The fittings selection is pretty good but knowing what i know about my options for fittings i'm getting pretty close to machining a 316l manifold myself to negate as many fitting as possible. Fewer connections mean fewer potential leaks the way i see it.

The jacketed solvent tanks are pretty damn nice and I plan to get one sooner than later. They stock the CPS TRS21 and will bore the heads for bigger fittings for a small fee if you ask. They also have the CMEP-OL with all the fixes and the vacuum pump and oven selection is pretty awesome.

They also stock a good amount of distillation gear as well.

For me the only burden is the 2-3 hr drive out there. Other than that this place is great and seems to be improving constantly. I cant wait till they finish the new lid design i heard about as it will save me the worry about oil laden butane getting into the recovery pump because by dip tubes are too short.
Schmetty87 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:37 AM #38
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
Just went today for some 70/30 mix and grabbed some hoses & other shit. Great store. Very helpful, knowledgable staff. Mark was extremely helpful, and cool AF! I really liked their collection pots with inner walls that you can run warm water through for passive recovery. Manifolds had beautiful welds. I forgot to grab filters, so I'll order some instead of driving 1.5 hours, but they will definitely get some business from me.
toohighmf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 PM #39
Schmetty87

Schmetty87 will become famous soon enoughSchmetty87 will become famous soon enough
I just placed and order and this is now the second time something was listed in stock on the website only to receive a call the next day that the item was out about a week or more. Another time an item I needed was listed as unavailable but when I called they had plenty in stock and fixed the stock levels in real time so I could place my order.

This so far is my only gripe with Extractor depot and considering how much they have been working to have a more complete selection of everything we need I think its only a matter of time before everything is totally on point.

Just keep in mind it might be wise to call ahead and double check to make sure what you need is in stock to avoid any issues if your working on time constraints.
Schmetty87 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 AM #40
cheezhead

cheezhead will become famous soon enough
Anyone gotten a "rig" from them lately? Has everyone still been happy with the quality etc? Just curious how they're still doing...
cheezhead is offline Quote