What's new

Senators will introduce a federal medical marijuana bill tomorrow [TUES]

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Please don't call me "Bummer Bud", but I wouldn't hold my breath...At least not at the Federal level...

I've been around long enough to have seen how slow congress is, in most all matters.
Generally, they will call for "new studies" or just proclaim that not enough is now known about the subject...
"The Buck (seldom) Stops Here" in congress...

In the very early 70's, when I was a naive HS graduate, I would have sworn that Marijuana would be legal by 1980....

However, we can all hope that our politicians will remove their heads from their own posteriors...
add edit:.........(but I won't hold my breath waiting for that either)

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please don't call me "Bummer Bud", but I wouldn't hold my breath...At least not at the Federal level...

I've been around long enough to have seen how slow congress is, in most all matters.
Generally, they will call for "new studies" or just proclaim that not enough is now known about the subject...
"The Buck (seldom) Stops Here" in congress...

In the very early 70's, when I was a naive HS graduate, I would have sworn that Marijuana would be legal by 1980....

However, we can all hope that our politicians will remove their heads from their own posteriors...

Agree with ya, Bud. Sounds too logical, or needing more reviews (more monies spent on research, etc.)

IF they do tackle it, I'm sure they will tack on some type of bill in front of, or sandwhich inbetween, as politicians do to pass 'legislation' and those tacked on could prove worse by any stretch of the imagination....like another lame tax that benefits the 1%ers and the rest of us will eat dirt.

I'll be watching, waiting, wondering, pondering...IF it's really true and the timeline involved.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I think it kills recreational. Have you ever heard of recreational schedule 2 drugs?
Have you ever heard of recreational schedule 1 drugs?

In my book having restrictions lightened (even slightly) is a much better scenario than having the harshest restrictions allowed by law

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Ya never know we might get lucky every step forward is a good thing. There is a lot of progression to make but a start is a start.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
This would be a HUGE step forward for all.

Time to get legalization a reality.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Exactly payaso, where I live there is nothing medical at all. shit if I hear a car door close at night I'm looking for a swat team lol. Weed is the only thing that helps my nerve damage if it wasn't for cannabis I really do believe I'd still be in a wheel chair. I shouldn't have to be so concerned every damn day.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Have you ever heard of recreational schedule 2 drugs?

Just about every single recreational drug out there is schedule 2. Coke, meth, most opiates except heroin...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Schedule_II_drugs_(US)

Wendull C.

Veteran
The republicans in the house and senate will never let this through, and they control both houses after handing the Obama acolytes their asses in the last two elections.

Granger2

Veteran
Moving it to Schedule 2 allows research and makes it much easier to convince more people that it has medical value. Research will also prove that there are not many ill effects. This is a step forward. -granger

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AWESOME! I have waited my whole life for these feds to get their heads outta their asses! I hope they do the right thing. Finally!!!

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
10 seconds of ACTIVISM!

http://blog.norml.org/2015/03/10/his...cal-marijuana/ click "Take Action"

This only takes 10 seconds out of your life folks! Super easy way to send a message to your senators if you are into progress and supporting the new US Senate Bill in support of medical marijuana!

Use a legit address of a hotel in your state to keep your privacy if you're old school like me :)

Seriously takes 10 seconds to do this. Every baby steps counts, and if senators are flooded with messages they will listen to their constituents, they want to be reelected. Just the provision for helping our veterans is alone is worth supporting it, these guys need help now!

Also all the states that have a flood of marijuana and can't get rid of it will now be able to transport it across state lines without fear of federal prosecution, helping to raise wholesale prices!

Last edited:

StoneyK

Veteran
The only thing those republicans listen to is big business cash...
Our votes mean nothing to them, most of these guys CANT be votes out because of the way they manipulate the districts. Great example is bill mahr's flip a district campaign of just what an impossible mission it can be to get rid of crooked encumbants who rig their districts.

just support it as much as you can and lets see what happens.....

i remember when i first started seeing about medical marijuana being voted on in by a state and just thinking "lol, good try guys, that will NEVER happen in the US".....and now look :)

Jhhnn

Veteran
The republicans in the house and senate will never let this through, and they control both houses after handing the Obama acolytes their asses in the last two elections.

I think that even Repubs sense a change in the Force, the will of the people. They've already denied funding for DEA enforcement against legit providers in MMJ states, so this would be a logical next step.

OTOH, it's a fallback position, one that doesn't include outright legalization & they'll fight to hold the line right there. They'll roll back legalization given the opportunity, regardless of the facts.

It's an entirely flawed strategy but they'll hold onto some very conservative constituencies over a transition they'll try to make as long as possible.

Unfortunately for them, the legalization effort is unfolding much faster than they can keep up with. Come 2016, they'll be faced with a choice of how to spend their propaganda dollars- holding back legalization or trying to win back the White House. They won't be able to mount the kind of campaigns Adelson used to turn back MMJ in Florida. Even if they win back the White House, they'll play Hell reversing current DoJ enforcement guidelines because they'll run up against their own States' Rights rhetoric & successful well documented legalization in several states.

The smartest among them knew they were screwed when Obama put it in those terms.

It's extremely important to have passable legalization measures on the ballot in as many states as possible for the 2016 election & to keep up the pressure in legislatures where that's not possible. I strongly urge everybody to lend financial support to the effort.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“It really is a comprehensive bill—it would effectively end the federal war on medical marijuana,”

But it does absolutely shit for those of us that choose to medicate or recreate without some other "authoritarian" permission slip!

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

This bill is nothing but a pacifier for those of you that are unwilling to remove your blinders and see the truth for what it is!

Now...
If a bill were intriduced to only regulate corporations...
I could agree.
BUT...
This bill is in your face... CORPORATIONS ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE CONTROL FROM INDIVIDUALS VIA LEGISLATION! The more "legal" this issue becomes, the more regulations we are subjected to!

Yall enjoy your pacifiers!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blah blah blah...

WTF happened to freedom of choice?

Since when are you a SUBJECT of the state to be regulated in your actions?