What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed depot closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skip I think the issue is at the end of the day many who've seen behind the curtain don't buy into what you're saying 100%. We know you don't believe all of it, nor should you. You're the MC for a seed bank,and one of your major competitors who peeled off a huge chunk of your business has bitten the dust. You have reason to be happy, but I'd say there are many who see little difference between you and JB. I mean that entirely without reference to his thieving and more his function as a business head. A smart businessman takes market share from his competitor when he can, and i dare say if you could have lured all their private sellers away to here you would have. It's only business.

E

ellipsis

I feel bad for all those that went down that dirt path.

Free Gypsy!

I appreciate IC and the beans i've bought and gotten. TYVM

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You going to insult the crew here now?

>>> Can you show me exactly where I have insulted anyone? Seems like OP appreciated my input, as have a few others, so don't get jock twisted because I singled you out for your inappropriate comments.

And you even admitted you were warned. So I don't get the insulting tone you used referring to us.

First, there is no insulting tone.

Second, listen Skip... this isn't about placing blame on anyone but the thief and myself for making the decision to trust him. However, if we are going to be candid and talk about REALITY here, then it's clear the pseudo-warnings issued by some were not really sufficient, considering the degree of the theft perpetrated by JB (most of which is not even public, I don't even know if you know what happenned.. since all your info is second hand).

The reality is however that it wasn't made clear by any staff the degree to which the scamming took place, as you guys were trying to protect your image - the image of this website- in not revealing the details of just what John had stolen. You guys had to protect yourselves. It's exactly akin to my being threatened... what was I to do, go public and have my personal information outed? If I had, I'm sure fewer would have been taken in the long haul... so yes I'm complicit in their being taken advantage of, just as the SB folks in the know are complicit for not shouting from the rafters what a fucking true sheister JB is. What were they to do, though? Perhaps not every vendor of yours has the honest open relationship I have with Clarence/OP... all I'm saying is I wish the warning was more clear, less diplomatic. Regardless, I fucked up in placing my trust in JB; I recognize my mistakes. So should IC.

Stuff like this below, however, isn't helpful to anyone, and is what led me to address you in the first place.

Good to see some ppl getting their just desserts.

Anyone who would join a new canna seed site needs their head examined.

Your Schadenfreude aside, if seed sellers want to expand their markets and look for new options, that's their business... everybody's gotta eat, and who is anyone else to say where you can or can't do business. For you to voice your content at their misfortune, is pretty tasteless.... I can understand thinking it, but bad fucking juju to say it publicly... even if you are 'hands off' with regard to the actual seed biz.

And as far as the admin of IC telling people not to join other seed sites because of potential dangers, given Gypsy's current accommodations and the reasons behind his vacation, well ain't that just the fucking pot calling the kettle black - speaking candidly of course.
Some f'n nerve.

It's a slippery slope we tread, and this is the business we've chosen... idiots, liars, fools and knaves abound. I personally can't wait until full on legalization happens, and I won't have to resort to dealing with some just to put food on my table and keep my research ongoing.

So get your facts right and be grateful this place is still here for you to vent.

Actually Skip I have my facts very straight, and since you acknowledge you only have 2nd hand info... maybe you should buck up and pipe down. Or shall I just be content to be here at all, listening to your Shadenfreude? I say these things not because I wish to vent, but because I want people to know the truth about JB.

As far as Gypsy goes, he's one of the most trusting ppl I know. The few times I was with him, I saw an endless stream of con-artists, scammers, wannabes all trying to take advantage of him, one way or another.

Gypsy met JB in a bar in a far off land.. I know the story, got it from BOTH sides... let's not try to play that he was a victim of circumstance, or a target of a scammer.... Gypsy thought it was in his best interest to hire JB, and did so with open eyes.... if he'd shown a little more care in screening those who got the keys to the castle, none of us would be in this position, now would we? Like it or don't, it's the truth.... I'll be here to clarify anything else if requested. If you'd rather keep it private, you know where to find me...

Respectfully,
-Chimera

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Here's on topic. JB fucked my homeless brothers. They are everywhere, and they never forget. Payback is a bitch. Bitch

Chimera u get a hard addy? Hit me up

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
.... but I'd say there are many who see little difference between you and JB. I mean that entirely without reference to his thieving and more his function as a business head. A smart businessman takes market share from his competitor when he can, and i dare say if you could have lured all their private sellers away to here you would have. It's only business.

The difference being the SB/SB folk have a history of making sure their clients get what they ordered, for well over a decade. They have a history of honouring their commitments to their suppliers.

JB had a fancy website, an ability to manipulate the google algorithm to capture traffic, and a facebook/twitter presence.... what the world has come to when a 30 year old computer geek with a vendetta can create so much drama and steal from so many people, and fool so many others into thinking he was an industry player rather than a nerdy croatian ex-pat canadian trying to skim as much as he could before running back to his little hole in the Philippines.

The difference being the SB/SB folk have a history of making sure their clients get what they ordered, for well over a decade. They have a history of honouring their commitments to their suppliers.

JB had a fancy website, an ability to manipulate the google algorithm to capture traffic, and a facebook/twitter presence.... what the world has come to when a 30 year old computer geek with a vendetta can create so much drama and steal from so many people, and fool so many others into thinking he was an industry player rather than a nerdy croatian ex-pat canadian trying to skim as much as he could before running back to his little hole in the Philippines.

Agreed agreed agreed! I have nothing but love for the Bou/Bay as a business. They have always done me right. Same goes for the icmag staff. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be called out for whitewashing details in their favour.

Skip

Veteran
Skip I think the issue is at the end of the day many who've seen behind the curtain don't buy into what you're saying 100%. We know you don't believe all of it, nor should you. You're the MC for a seed bank,and one of your major competitors who peeled off a huge chunk of your business has bitten the dust. You have reason to be happy, but I'd say there are many who see little difference between you and JB. I mean that entirely without reference to his thieving and more his function as a business head. A smart businessman takes market share from his competitor when he can, and i dare say if you could have lured all their private sellers away to here you would have. It's only business.
Let's set the record straight.

First off, I have my own company and have nothing to do with Gypsy's seed company.

I contracted with Gypsy to create a cannabis community website, and that is why I'm here to keep it going.

Payaso contracted with Gypsy to create a Magazine, and he has and continues to do so.

This is a cannabis magazine and community, not a seed bank. If you think so, you're mistaken. Those are other websites.

Yes, the vendors support this site, like any other, and the Bay and the Boo are primary vendors.

So comparing me to JB is a laugh. We don't need to LURE people here. We don't go to other websites and PM people begging them to go to ICMag. THAT IS UNPROFESSIONAL. That's what JB and hippie420 did. Yet, the staff here gets insulted in this thread as being unprofessional.

We get insulted on other websites, outright lies and HATE are left to linger but that's PROFESSIONAL? Don't tell us you didn't see that poor moderation (even mods were full of hate) was aimed at promoting TSD at the expense of ICMag, and Gypsy.

I've been in the Social Network biz for 18 years now (way longer than Facebook) and I've seen it all.

JB is a textbook case of how to be unprofessional.

But hey, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, and I still do.

The seed biz is hard, esp. now with a new seed bank a day creating a website. Are all you vendors going to sign into everyone? Put yourselves and your customers at risk, just for a few more bucks? Think about that!

There's many lessons to be learned here...

OH, and I nearly forgot!

ANYONE WHO VISITED TSD in the final days when the site redirected your browser to another page, you may have picked up a nasty virus! You should probably do a root kit scan for your own peace of mind.

I posted that announcement two weeks ago in our mod forum... If I had made that public, it would've violated our TOS (mentioning other seed banks) and brought drama onto icmag.

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't believe in using this site to slander or degrade anyone if they are legit. But I do believe in saying something if and when I feel people are in danger of being ripped off or worse. So I'll add my 2 cents.

If the Mongrat had a brother, it would be Bourne. When he first started his con on Gypsy I spent a lot of time talking with him. In short time I did everything I could do or say to get Gypsy to part company with this thief. The rest is history. There's a lot more I could say but I won't bother. But I will say this. What good would it have done us to "warn" people of Bourne? Wouldn't we have appeared to be doing nothing but trying to knock him down for our own interests? It maybe even would have made the clown more believable. I knew it would only be a short time before he cut his own throat. I just hoped no one would get caught up in his backwash.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sent in 20 packs for Auction that was for a friend that had gotten busted. He could have used that cash to help his case. Now I have to tell him I got ripped off by the site owner and wont be able to help now... I knew there was a issues I just didn't know what. That's all the info I had to go on. I'm sure had I known he was a thief I would not have sent in seeds I also would have warned all I know.. I hope that now that we all know he wont be able to do something like this again. Sharing this info will help prevent this from happening again. There where many good breeders/people that got scammed by this guy the list is huge.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
I sent in 20 packs for Auction that was for a friend that had gotten busted. He could have used that cash to help his case. Now I have to tell him I got ripped off by the site owner and wont be able to help now... I knew there was a issues I just didn't know what. That's all the info I had to go on. I'm sure had I known he was a thief I would not have sent in seeds I also would have warned all I know.. I hope that now that we all know he wont be able to do something like this again. Sharing this info will help prevent this from happening again. There where many good breeders/people that got scammed by this guy the list is huge.

Hi Hammerhead. Google cache is awesome.
:tiphat:
TR

Pragma

Their shop seemed legit. I bought bodhi and mota gear from them.
Problem was the shop wasnt paying the breeders

Also, Mrs Rare Dankness put the notion out there that they were selling fake seeds though so now every one is in an uproar. Its more likely she's just using tsd as a scapegoat for recent reports of quality reduction in RD stock.

I ordered a pack of Tres Sister (13 regs) & White Fire (7 fems) off him..
Got two 10 seed packs in plain ziplocks with seeds that all look the same.
Took pics of em and PM'd him and told him something is obviously wrong.
He quickly replied, blamed it on the "girls" packaging, and sent me another package this time with correct numbers and breeder packs.
Popped those 10 "white fires" from the first package to see whether they were fake or not.. Guess what ? 6 MALES.

I would believe that he was sending out fakes.

Word is he is MIA even to his staff/partners..
I actually know some details of whats going on but since that info going in public would hurt the ppl that were unfortunate to trust him/work with him even more, i'll refrain.

Lets just say this guy didn't just screw over his breeders.
100% Scumbag certified.

He quickly replied, blamed it on the "girls" packaging, and sent me another package this time with correct numbers and breeder packs.
Popped those 10 "white fires" from the first package to see whether they were fake or not.. Guess what ? 6 MALES.

I actually know some details of whats going on but since that info going in public would hurt the ppl that were unfortunate to trust him/work with him even more, i'll refrain.

100% Scumbag certified.

Im assuming the JJ gear you have on your sig was the tres sis from there but Was the re-sent tres sis and WiFi legit though? I ordered some 303 seeds and cobs gear soon as they dropped.. hope they aren't fakes.
Fuck JB.free gypsy. Clarence is 100% righteous people

Cannavore

Veteran

100% Scumbag certified.

Damn bro I dont wanna hear that lol. That really bites the big one.... Did the females look like white fire?

He was making his own seed brand on the side... Bait and switch perhaps?

Looks like I'm popping my tsd packs this year to see if they're fake.

Makes me wonder if they were shadow bumping the auctions too to maximize profits. Most of us called out those private auctions from the start and even then they didn't want to change it.

:moon: JB :moon:

I wish IC's warning was a little broader than just 'thieving conman'
I always assumed it was bad blood as I havent been around online weed forums for very long to have known all this.

What's up adobe :)

Pragma

The replacements were legit as they were the sealed breeder packs, unlike the first which was just plain ziplocks with a sticker on em.

Those 6 males I got were the 6 seeds I popped as a test long after I had grown out the replacement packs.. Didn't bother with the 4 other seeds or that other whole pack of "tres" after that. Got no time/space to work with fakes. After that was clear I never ordered from there again, even if he had sent me legit replacements he DID try to pull a quick one on me.

I also thought "thieving conman" was bad blood, but nothing as serious as daylight robbery.

To be honest though most of us gave him our business not because we wanted to be conned but because we were forced to due to payment method issues.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Jb personally screwed me over to the extent that I was fired from these businesses and then Oldpink directly after me. This is after the longest standing employee was also fired from the business. The one that helped build the company up in the first place! Once this all came to light myself and Oldpink were reinstated and JB went on his way.

At that point what he had done to us and the companies were not the concern of anyone else but us. He had not started his business yet. Many months later it came to light that he had started his websites as a basic clone of our entire business and it came apparent that he had been only ever interested in learing how it worked to do it himself.

In my mind I believed there was no issue to customers of his sites as you are the main reason we can keep going. Without customers there are no sales. This is why I did not feel it necessary to start of yet another shit storm online war that has happened previously. It seemed to me that he would want to get as many customers as possible.

As for breeders etc. I warned many privately without slagging JB off. I did not see why he would rip off what was going to be his bread and butter. I made a point of telling people to be very carefull dealing with him. As expected I got replies to the extent of being butt sore basically as it was seen as myself trying to stop business going to him. Considering the situation SB was in customer wise and financially at the time I could no longer offer any promises of sales to breeders. As mentioned in previous posts the warnings were quite soft but to the point. I did not go into details with most as experience in previous rat employees always turned into a shit slinging. I think everyone knows how divided the community has become in the past and I could do without the huge headache of battling again. It has been hard enough struggling to keep our heads above water. My concentration has been directed to the breeders and private breeders we have.

I find it extremely sad that this has happened and I find it disturbing the apparent extent of this scam. Obviously now its all coming to light its very easy to see that it would have been a better option to make this all public for which, on my part, I would like to say sorry. I still cannot believe that Jb would bite the hand and whole arm off that was feeding him. Who knows what the real circumstance is tho.

It was a difficult decision on my behalf, one which I now truely do regret.

Yes Gypsy brought another asshat into this business. That is the truth. Trust me when I say that the few of us that have been with Gypsy long term were extremely hacked off with this and have been everytime it has happened. All I can say is that the three of us long term employees have all stated quite clearly that this would never happen again and that if he tried we are all out. I cannot apologise for anyone elses actions.

I will not lie, with all that has been going on with this business I have come very close to hanging up my hat. I hate the fact that I cannot offer the services we once did. I hate the fact that it is no where near as fruitfull as it used to be for our breeders. I hate the fact that it is necessary for them to sell elsewhere. I do believe I have looked after each and everyone of you, breeders. Maybe one or two have not gone the way they should but I am no where near perfect. I do my best to please. Sometimes too much!

Anway. In the end I hope that whoever has been effected by this can bounce back including ourselves. I would also like to once more apologise to anyone who thinks I had not acted correctly concerning this whole matter.

Cheers

C

Last edited:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I also thought "thieving conman" was bad blood, but nothing as serious as daylight robbery.

To be honest though most of us gave him our business not because we wanted to be conned but because we were forced to due to payment method issues.

First point is exactly what I was trying to say. The accusations of bad blood where to be expected. Can you imagine the shit storm that would have arisen if we had come out straight on the attack! Not saying it was the right thing to do tho!

Second point. Paymet options. Exactly why I coud not promise good sales or stop breeders that were unique to us going elsewhere!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I would also like to add to anyone that may be talking about Skip with regards to breeders and private breeders. He does not have anything to do with them apart from a few with regards to advertising on these forums! Seedbay and seedboutique are essentially seperate entities that get to use ICMag as a platform. Yes they were all started by the same person. Skip does not have any involvement in the running of either seed sites!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts