Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mdanzig Seeds > Anyone ever run into a "sterile" female on Sour 60?

Thread Title Search
Anyone ever run into a "sterile" female on Sour 60? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM #1
BotanicalBill

BotanicalBill has disabled reputation
Anyone ever run into a "sterile" female on Sour 60?

Hey there, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had, and I don't even know if this is the correct term when it refers to a female, but I'll just call it a "sterile" female? With Sour 60 or any other strain for that matter? I had one w/ S60 and had never seen one before after messing with 100s of plants over the years and a good 50+ strains.. I had 4 other females, all pollinated at the same time by the same fathers in the same location and had only that 1 not produce a single bean on it. I just found it interesting is all and was just wondering if anyone else has seen that before? I know sterile pollen is common.. Interestingly enough the non-seeded one looked the best of all.

Take care,

BB
BotanicalBill is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM #2
StealthDragon
Recovering UO addict.

StealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really nice
can you describe the structure of the plant please? tall / short , dense or foxtaily buds?

My autoflower stuffs <--old (vertical 2k room)

My micro perpetual grow (closed for now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StealthDragon is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 03:00 PM #3
nuggettville

nuggettville is on a distinguished road
popped 5 female,two males. pollinated all and two of five were not accepting of pollination. both were single coala and had a more ruddalis odor(not sour,kinda musty),acceptable high. one didn't make seeds,one made all non viable hollow shells. i just assumed they were not compatible of the males pollen,as there is much variation in all s-60 i've tried. the seeds from the other three look,germ,and grow fine. will know more in two or three generations,as hoping to isolate my branchy sour-funky baby.
good luck, peace
nuggettville is offline Quote

Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 AM #4
BotanicalBill

BotanicalBill has disabled reputation
Interesting, nuggetville, thanks for the response. My other 4 all gave good seeds.. Interesting that they can give all hallow shell ones, too..

Stealth, you have to take the height with the growing conditions in my case but the best one was about 8" tall but only grown in a 32 oz. styrofoam cup and ran at only 12 hours indoors.. It was the denser budded of all as well. No foxtailing on this one. Just decent clusters of bud. It weighed 8g dried. For what it's worth, about 5 weeks in I decided to pot one up to a 3/4 gal pot and it turned out bigger than the rest even though I potted it up about 2 weeks too late. Not a huge difference but it was clear if I had re-potted everything at 3 weeks that they all would have been bigger. I was just looking for seeds that run though, not yield. So far everything has been a success. Also, for what it's worth they all spent their first 3 weeks in 100% full-strength FFOF and just given water. In the 32 oz cups at least they all uniformly started showing deficiencies right at that point and once I started hitting them with a Grow Big and Bloom combo from FF they just kept on trucking beautifully until the end.

BB
BotanicalBill is offline Quote