What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air circulation questions

I use a spare room. It’s not sealed off. I lightproof door using light blocking panel curtains, and block the window using blankets

Whenever I go home from work I usually open room door just to help get circulation.

I use a diy carbon filter and never worry about smell. The filter already basically sits right in front of window.

My questions are

1 does opening the room door even do anything?
2 should I open the window in the grow room? If so, how long should I have the window open minimum?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Circulation is air moving around the room.
This is typically accomplished by having a fan or two blowing air around the room.

Ventilation is air exchange through the room.
It is typically accomplished by placing a fan such that it creates either a positive or negative pressure relative to the surrounding environment. Without ventilation there is no air exchange and this will lead to a lack of CO2 in the room very quickly.

Opening the door accomplishes a little bit of ventilation but is probably insufficient for replacing the used CO2.

Ventilation is also used to control temperature and humidity.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't mean to quote myself but...

Circulation is air moving around the room.
This is typically accomplished by having a fan or two blowing air around the room.

Ventilation is air exchange through the room.
It is typically accomplished by placing a fan such that it creates either a positive or negative pressure relative to the surrounding environment. Without ventilation there is no air exchange and this will lead to a lack of CO2 in the room very quickly.

Opening the door accomplishes a little bit of ventilation but is probably insufficient for replacing the used CO2.

Ventilation is also used to control temperature and humidity.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
So I’m guessing opening the window wouldn’t accomplish this either because you would have answered question number two right?
Answer these question, because you are confusing as hell :)

• so, the room is your tent. Correct?
  • do you have fans in your room, to circulate the air? This is not your exhaust fan, they are separate.
  • your carbon filter fan should be exhausting out the window
  • how big is the room?

Answer these question, because you are confusing as hell :)

• so, the room is your tent. Correct?
  • do you have fans in your room, to circulate the air? This is not your exhaust fan, they are separate.
  • your carbon filter fan should be exhausting out the window
  • how big is the room?

Yes my room is “tent” closet is veg
Yes I have fans
No it is not exhausting out the window
9x12 I believe, closet 5x5