What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TangieMatic and Creme Brulee autoflowers

Raver90e

The name makes it sound good - had to look it up - actually I have had it, the restaurant just gave it a different name -

Crème brûlée -

"(/ˌkrɛm bruːˈleɪ/; French pronunciation: ​[kʁɛm bʁy.le]), also known as burnt cream or Trinity cream,[1] is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a texturally contrasting layer of hardened caramelized sugar. It is normally served at slightly chilled; the heat from the caramelizing process tends to warm the custard producing a cool center. The custard base is traditionally flavored with vanilla, but can have a variety of other flavorings."

Oh haha yeah it was actually free with another seed i bought cant wait to see it finished

Raver90e

Day 19

Day 19

Day 19 update pic

Attachments

• 20180910_000100.jpg
    20180910_000100.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 18

Raver90e

Pic from 2 nights ago

Pic from 2 nights ago

Pic from 2 nights back

Attachments

• IMG-20180911-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20180911-WA0009.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 22

Raver90e

Day 21

Day 21

Hi all just a few questions. I am still only giving a few squirts of water till top layer is wet. Should i up the watering now?

Also in pics u should be able to see some yellowing. Does this mean time for some food?

Raver90e

Day 21 pics

Day 21 pics

Pics attachd

Attachments

• 20180912_185334.jpg
    20180912_185334.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180912_185321.jpg
    20180912_185321.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 18

Bona Fortuna

Are you allowing the soil to slightly dry out between mistings?
And yes, at this point, personally, I would up the water, and then give a 'dry spell'.
I'm talking a good soaking, then I let it dry till the first inch or so of dirt is asking for water.
But this all depends Depending on YOUR fertilizing plan.

Salt or organic based fertilizer?
Salt based like their environment a little damper, organic based can dry out a bit more.
Same with the soil composition, or lack there of.
Coco, peat, hempy... all require a bit of water, regularly and frequently. Peat less than the others.
A rich organic soil, again, can survive water fluctuations and crops like cannabis and tomatoes prosper under a wet/dry cycle. (In my opinion)
If you wish to give her a feeding, try an extremely light dose of salt based or a healthy top dressing of worm castings (poop). Take note of the progress after, experiments do best when you can mentally or physically document.

Do you check the PH of the water in/runoff? May be a factor in the yellowing. This could be done cheaply with litmus paper, not very precise. Another option is getting a PH testing device. They are incredibly accurate if devices are properly calibrated.

Last edited:

Raver90e

Thanks for the elaborate reply much appreciated!

Yeah currently allowing it to dry before misting. The fertilizer im gonna use is biobizz grow nutrients and the soil was biobizz lightmix which says it contains enough nutes for early growth. I havent checked the ph so will look for a good reader.

Going off ur advice i am going to water till run off today which hasnt been done yet and put minimal feed in

Are you allowing the soil to slightly dry out between mistings?
And yes, at this point, personally, I would up the water, and then give a 'dry spell'.
I'm talking a good soaking, then I let it dry till the first inch or so of dirt is asking for water.
But this all depends Depending on YOUR fertilizing plan.

Salt or organic based fertilizer?
Salt based like their environment a little damper, organic based can dry out a bit more.
Same with the soil composition, or lack there of.
Coco, peat, hempy... all require a bit of water, regularly and frequently. Peat less than the others.
A rich organic soil, again, can survive water fluctuations and crops like cannabis and tomatoes prosper under a wet/dry cycle. (In my opinion)
If you wish to give her a feeding, try an extremely light dose of salt based or a healthy top dressing of worm castings (poop). Take note of the progress after, experiments do best when you can mentally or physically document.

Do you check the PH of the water in/runoff? May be a factor in the yellowing. This could be done cheaply with litmus paper, not very precise. Another option is getting a PH testing device. They are incredibly accurate if devices are properly calibrated.

Raver90e

So following the advice given i just watered till run off and managed to see a little bit come out the bottom so backed off. Also added 0.5ml grow nutrients because the yellow edges of leaves were starting to worry me

I will be following the method of waiting till soil is dry and then watering again until i see run off

Let me know your thoughts please

Raver90e

13.09.18 pictures

13.09.18 pictures

Pics from today

Attachments

• 20180913_184103.jpg
    20180913_184103.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180913_184059.jpg
    20180913_184059.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You should be able to start the nutrient schedule for your nutrients now, they look old enough. Very tightly packed nodes too!

Raver90e

Nutrients

Nutrients

You should be able to start the nutrient schedule for your nutrients now, they look old enough. Very tightly packed nodes too!

Thanks man i have started light nute feeding as of yesterday so will keep you all updated. Whats the significance of tight packed nodes? Will it be small and bushy perhaps?

Bona Fortuna

Typically, tighly packed nodes indicate that you will have one of two things;
A smaller, bushier plant or...
Seriously dense buds.
Of course, this is a blanket statement and won't be correct all the time.

Raver90e

Typically, tighly packed nodes indicate that you will have one of two things;
A smaller, bushier plant or...
Seriously dense buds.
Of course, this is a blanket statement and won't be correct all the time.

Got ya. Thanks a lot for the help!

Raver90e

Day 25 16.09.18

Day 25 16.09.18

Day 25 update. Soil dried in 2 days after watering so watered again till run off today with 0.5ml biobizz grow nutrients. Should the plant be bigger at this stage?

Attachments

• 20180916_101832.jpg
    20180916_101832.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180916_101051.jpg
    20180916_101051.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180916_101037.jpg
    20180916_101037.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 17

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yes it should be larger, I wouldn't worry about watering to run off, that will just leach nutrients out of the soil. I have been watering by weight, lifting the pot it becomes obvious when it has no water weight.

Raver90e

Yes it should be larger, I wouldn't worry about watering to run off, that will just leach nutrients out of the soil. I have been watering by weight, lifting the pot it becomes obvious when it has no water weight.

Thank you thats a good point about the nutrients. In terms of it should be larger what could be the causes of its stunted growth and what could be a potential resolution?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It could be so many things stunting growth. Temperature, too much water in the roots, not enough water in the roots, genetics. You said they are autoflowers right? Autoflowers tend to get a lot easier stressed than photoperiods, so it could be a combination of all the things.

Raver90e

Stunted

Stunted

It could be so many things stunting growth. Temperature, too much water in the roots, not enough water in the roots, genetics. You said they are autoflowers right? Autoflowers tend to get a lot easier stressed than photoperiods, so it could be a combination of all the things.

Thank you for the help i think it may be temperature as its quite cold in the room

Bona Fortuna

Cold will do that.
Just as agent pothead had posted, it could be a number of things that stress your plant though. Usually a combination of stressors will stunt a plant, they can get by with a little bit of stress.
Potential resolution? Just let the plant do its thing.
Take note on what worked and try to alter what didn't work on the next run. Bit by bit...
You WILL have flourishing plants with the right mentality, strangely enough.
Patience is your best ally in growing.
And Please take any bit of advice I give with a grain of salt.
I'm an avid outdoor grower, I usually dabble in outdoor, organic, in ground plants or brief imdoor runs for seed.

Latest posts

Latest posts