What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how much extra cal mag do ogs like?

H

HemperorsKnight

Shit this would explain my platinum banana og kush bx1 and why she's so god damn stubborn all my other plant's are fine the alien kush the gsc bc1 f2 the legend og bc1 f1 and the lime kush s1 just having problems with the platinum banana og and after reading this thread I think I know where I went wrong thanks everyone

jidoka

Y'all might wanna ask if Ca or Mg tied up with bicarbonate ever becomes available to the plant

Edit...if it does please show me the chemical equation

jidoka

If ya wanna get all technical chlorophyll is 1 Mg and 4 N. if a plant needs mg it:a) has too much n already or b) also needs n

Cmon now...chemistry will not be denied

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
^ I'm with you - I should have included the N in my note and stressed that K can suppress the Mg or keep it from being available. The K can be seemingly fine while Mg builds up in the background. N observed, not blowing up the Cal or K to compensate.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Wow who would of thought! Thanks a ton guys, yeah the water out here is very hard. I will try and just use the base nutes and no calmag unless the plants start asking for it.

The plants were just transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots. Each clone is about 1-2" in height ( smallest I've ever gotten) . Feeding at 500 ppm with the tap being 380 ppm to start with. Do you guys think it would be smarter / better if I just got an Ro filter system , or is it fine using this water ? (I feel like it's too hard) Some guy told me that you should subtract half of the tap waters ppm when adding up your total ppms ( nutes and all) , anybody hear this before?

Dude I'm gonna give you some advice... a grow that size GET RO !!!!! DON'T FUK AROUND!!!!! tap water tends to be inconsistent.... yes you may be able to use it at 300 but one day it may be 4-500 ... if you were<100 @ start be different but the smart thing to do is take all that instability out start at 0 and give them everything. That way you know exactly what they have available..... it's hard to believe that a grow that size was even started without ro or a detailed water analysis report....

GreaseGardens

Dude I'm gonna give you some advice... a grow that size GET RO !!!!! DON'T FUK AROUND!!!!! tap water tends to be inconsistent.... yes you may be able to use it at 300 but one day it may be 4-500 ... if you were<100 @ start be different but the smart thing to do is take all that instability out start at 0 and give them everything. That way you know exactly what they have available..... it's hard to believe that a grow that size was even started without ro or a detailed water analysis report....
You're telling me brotha.. haha I wish I had the power to change it to ro, trust me if I did it wouldn't have ever been this issue. But unfortunately I'm not in control of this and have to use what I have been dealt with.. I know there will be fluctuations and I will have to accommodate to it and hopefully (they) can see that we do indeed need ro.
On a better note, thanks for all the replies and info from everyone. The ladies are starting to look better and show some new
Growth. My dehus and ac's create some ro water which I then mix into tap making it 180 total ppms. I added 2ml/gal of camg to this mix and they seem to like it. Feeding at 450 ppms, will bump them up as soon as I see them ask for more. We turned off every other light to help them out, temps and rh are at 77&75. They're enjoying life, but I feel like they could be doing better. Maybe this can be due to not having any root product..just guessing.. either way. Here is some pictures :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 42

Rondon

Expensive operation to not have all the details (Especailly water quality) hammered out before a light or air conditioner even gets bought much less turned on.

Latest posts

Latest posts