Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Can I use bottled Spring water with CO2 bubbles for plant watering?

Thread Title Search
Can I use bottled Spring water with CO2 bubbles for plant watering? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2018, 04:56 AM #1
doams

doams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of light
Can I use bottled Spring water with CO2 bubbles for plant watering?

THOSE CO2 bubbles wont hurt the plant yes?

Old 09-01-2018, 05:02 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Your plants will be ok I think. Read the label and make sure what's in there.
If in doubt pour the water into a container and let it air out by the plants.
This way they get the carbon dioxide as well.

BTW: Did you run out of tap water?

Bottled water will get expensive in the long run.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:08 AM #3
doams

doams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Your plants will be ok I think. Read the label and make sure what's in there.
If in doubt pour the water into a container and let it air out by the plants.
This way they get the carbon dioxide as well.

BTW: Did you run out of tap water?

Bottled water will get expensive in the long run.
my tap is bad and @1600 ppm thats why I am using bottled water.

I will try boil it to remove that CO2 faster the bottle was open for two days but there are still bubbles in it :(

Old 09-01-2018, 05:12 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Sorry about your water situation.

Don't bother boiling it that will waste too much energy.

Just let it sit around and it will leave eventually.

What brand name of bottled water is it?

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 04:15 PM #5
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
My first ever grow, I had one female plant from seed that I grew in soil and watered with Seltzer water. I could buy the generic 2L bottles 2 for a dollar.

Plant seemed to like it.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 04:47 PM #6
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Im not sure if watering with co2 infused water would do anything.. The roots prefer oxygen as far as i know
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 06:21 PM #7
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Im not sure if watering with co2 infused water would do anything.. The roots prefer oxygen as far as i know

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Carbon Dioxide, in a still environment, will stratisfy toward the floor.
I would think that watering with CO2 would not be a good idea. Especially considering that roots prefer an oxygen rich environment while pathogens prefer an oxygen weak environment.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 06:53 PM #8
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I couldn't find anything relating to marijuana, but there was 1 experiment some college kids did using Carbonated water and a plant called "baby's tears" and found the carbonated water added a bunch of micronutrients and caused them to grow better. All I can seem to find is the abstract they listed on their personal page though.
https://spot.colorado.edu/~basey/ldanzell.html
You'll need to remove the S from the https. Stupid incorrectly setup TLS. You'd think a college could handle setting up a webhost correctly.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 07:05 PM #9
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I think I've heard of folks using it as a foliar.. It's been a while though
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 07:17 PM #10
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I couldn't find anything relating to marijuana, but there was 1 experiment some college kids did using Carbonated water and a plant called "baby's tears" and found the carbonated water added a bunch of micronutrients and caused them to grow better. All I can seem to find is the abstract they listed on their personal page though.
https://spot.colorado.edu/~basey/ldanzell.html
You'll need to remove the S from the https. Stupid incorrectly setup TLS. You'd think a college could handle setting up a webhost correctly.
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.