What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heavier yielding OG seeds

MattHadder

Has anyone found any heavy yielding OGs in seed form? If so, which ones? I keep finding things that are more in the medium to low yielding range and was hoping to find something with more weight.

matt11

I would love to know this as well! I've grown quite a few og Kush varieties and am running some now; DNA genetics Florida og.
Like you I always get adverage yields. But id say from my own experience blimburn seeds og Kush is the best yielding og I've had. And I ended up with 2 phenotypes, both yielding above average, biggest yielded in the crop it was in.

mintz

Og#18 from dna yields good for me,super cropping,defoliating & large smart pots.

Last edited:
R

Robrites

Goji OG is a sativa-dominant hybrid bred by Bodhi Seeds crossed between Nepali OG and Snow Lotus. The flavor is as unique as the berry it's named after, offering a dynamic aroma including red berry, black cherry, strawberry, hawaiian punch, and licorice. Indoor or outdoor grows offer high yields with a flowering time of around 9 weeks.

MattHadder

I had someone today tell me that they had a Scott's OG from Rare Dankness that was a really good yielder. Anyone else have any experience with that one?

mintz

not the best pics but these are 3 weeks in 12/12, they are 5 feet tall tripled in stretch and just started to swell,will update as it goes on,these will yield quite well

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ phatjay - For the Karma gear - check out the Karma Genetics sub-forum here on ICm.

But to say how much do they yield...I don't know - how well can you grow? How good are you at the craft?

I personally ran the Brotherhood OG line - Happy Brother x Biker Kush - and I found some great plants. I'm not a mono-cropper...so can't give you relevant number per light to help you quantify your interest in Karma's gear...

But...HONESTLY, If you've never grown anything from KG - then you are quite simply put - missing out on some of the very best cannabis the industry has to offer. There. I said it.

It has nothing to do with hype or being a fanboy or anything else - Karma has a very unique take on what cannabis should be and his plants and seed lines showcase his perspective of what cannabis is and should be at it's very best. Yes, technically the same could be said of all breeders - it just so happens, that I LOVE the TYPE of plants I've grown from Karma Genetics.

I've grown plants from different companies that by all means could have been included in the same pack of seeds they are so generically similar. It's what is becoming "run of the mill" and even though great...still by default becoming average and redundant because it's been done by 20 different breeders.

I'm stating emphatically regardless the genetics involved, what KG brings out of the genetics utilized...will be vastly different from what everyone else produces. His take on what cannabis should be is UNIQUE...and that twist is experienced in all the work he does. Again, if some of his genetics are not in your garden, you are missing out.

Check this thread for a great show:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278710

In the mean time, here's some Brotherhood OG:

1k, 3 gal - organic soil, nothing but water

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll second the Goji OG.

I got a little over a pound from 1 plant, outdoors in a 25 gal container in very unbalanced soil.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Goji OG" doesn't even have any actual "OG" in it...that sort of disqualifies her as a viable option, no?

dank.Frank

I've seen some nice OG dominant plants from the Goji line, but most seem to be pretty influenced by the snow lotus male. I would check out Karma Genetics or Archive if you're looking for an OG.

Last edited:

oti$

wifi always suprised me in the yield department. it never looked like a record breaker, but its density always brought heavy harvests...first plant that broke the 1gpw mark.i grew scotts almost as long as wifi and it yielded ok, but not great. scotts was fire though...ive considered buying another pack

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran Scotts' OG from Rare Dankness and Blessings OG from Gage Green last season outdoors.

Scotts' was more OG dominant, with a fuel smell. It had a decent yield but the flower structure was loose.

The Blessings OG looked less like an OG but had dense buds, smoked good, and the yield was the best I have seen for an OG.

PNWCannaman

tgA jesus OG HA-OG pheno.
Super sized buds great Kush smell and flavor, often tests between 22-29%
Incredible terpenes in the Kush spectrum combined with slight haze notes make her a powerhouse on all levels.

Karmas Biker Kush v2 should be pretty close but more stable in finding kushy phenos. Might not yield as welland could take a wek or two longer than the jesus.

I believe the fast flowering JTR in the Jesus genes helps shorten the JEsus flowering times compared to karmas biker kush.
I have a nice pheno of JOG that is done at 8 weeks when dialed.

I've seen, and smoke a good amount of Jesus OG and the JTR phenos are pretty abundant, but when you find the special mostly kushy lady with a touch of haze you're going to be in for a high yielding Super Kush....lol.

Honestly I got lucky in a five pack I got one fem but 4 males.. Ended up with a keeper.

I seen more JTR smelling and looking Jesus in the shops tho, which might not even be real jesus at all... but the JTR has a very distint lemony smell and flavor, not OG lemony totally different. great pot but very distinguishable because a lot of TGA crosses have that same terp profile.

My favorite thing about the jesus og pheno I have is the giant stretch in flowering. an 18 in plant will finish at 4-5ft tall and about 30'in in diameter. Yeilds in coco/soil mix with AN conny and a couple additives are in the 5-6 oz range. That's in a 3gal grow bag and like 2-3weeks veg maybe a month.

PNWCannaman

Few random nug shots of the jesus og from last year, looks like it was around 9 week due to the colors.

I'll go snap a few pix of the current Jesus OG gals if anyone wants...

Attachments

• 20150219_200033-1.jpg
    20150219_200033-1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20150219_200249.jpg
    20150219_200249.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2015022811561.jpg
    IMG_2015022811561.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2015022819249.jpg
    IMG_2015022819249.jpg