What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HONEY SLIDES...quick and easy!

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Ah yes...the ol honey slides recipe. I love this more n more as I get older and settle into my role as culinary apothecary for more n more people I know. What'd Mick say about gettin old?
Ah well. Shit aint that bad for me, but friends of mine are having health challenges. A very close friend of mine is dealing with some nasty ass cancer, chemo, etc, and all the shit that comes with that. As soon as his daughter let me in on how bad it's been getting for him, I outed myself as a user to her and him(he's a friend that's traditionally been a non-weed friend)and came with some samples: A really kickass nug of Sour D X OGKush, and a fat sample of some refined honey slides that were prepared using fine dining restaurant equipment like that ultra fine strainer. Following some dosing instructions, dude tried it, loved the taste, texture (strained of bits is texturally more pleasant and easier for those with eating/swallowing issues) and more importantly WAS READY TO EAT:woohoo::party:

This is HUGE for my buddy. His weight is plummeting, and I'm using all my weed and food knowledge to help him in this battle,
I HIGHLY:smoke: recommend this for folks you may know suffering that want some natural meds to help them through and help with appetite issues.
Next we're planning on making him some vegetable glycerin based tincture. Ultimately, I love the honey slides though. Honey is a beautiful, natural product with lots o kickass healing properties (like put it on a cut to keep from getting infected.) I think it's a great base for meds. I'm not a doctor, and would love to hear any professional opinions on use of honey.
cookie

blastfrompast

Veteran
Interesting, reading the references to Neil's version, it almost sound like they Decarbed the cheap pot (heated in skillet).....no butter...Then just added the honey to make it palatable..

cooked cook

I think you're right, bfp. I decided the honey was a good idea in order to get some fat in there for the THC to bind to. er....with which to bind.....whatever.
In fact, I recently used a bit more culinary knowledge, and decided to make it with clarified butter. By separating out the milk solids, I can make larger batches for my buddy to have on hand that are shelf stable and need no refrigeration (important as he has kids...don't want them finding daddy's special honey). Granted, it'd be a while before butter goes bad at room temp, especially suspended in honey, BUT I'm trying to be exxxtra careful on the food safety tip for this cat.
stay safe, and keep em green my friends.
cc

cooked cook

Of the many different cannabis edibles I make (truffles, tincture, honey) the honey seems to work best for my illin buddy. He's able to stir it into a cup o hot green tea and it gets right to work. I think I'll be crankin him out another jar full tomorrow. IT works out well, as I make a jar of honey and a jar of tincture at the same time in a double boiler. The tincture is nice and easily deploy-able though. I have a friend just took some with him on a plane(in packed luggage) that was in one of those health supplement bottles. SURE it's melatonin. 1 milliliter later......:needcoffee:
Goooo edibles!
I think next I want to try to talk my mom into trying a piece of one of my truffles for her R.A.
peace yall. Use that trim wisely.
cc

cooked cook

Hey 190.
Search my posts, and you'll see a few. I should probably make an effort to organize them and clean em up a bit. I haven't posted a tincture recipe, but have an easy one I'll post soon.
cc

seymourbud

Hey 190.
Search my posts, and you'll see a few. I should probably make an effort to organize them and clean em up a bit. I haven't posted a tincture recipe, but have an easy one I'll post soon.
cc

Late to the game, but I wanna play, so I will be trying some honey slides with a bunch of decarbed sugar leaf and popcorn buds.

Like the tea concept. Maybe a cup of decaf at night with a HS might help the insomnia.

CC. what are the ratios of weed/butter/honey you are using to make the larger batches for your buddy if you don't mind me asking?

Also, would love to see and try your tincture recipe if you get around to posting it. Thanks!

-aka-

I am pretty sure honey can be used to make tincture on its own, so it must dissolve thc etc from marijuana

cooked cook

Correct. I've made it without any butter, oil or fat, and it still works great. I also make tincture from vegetable glycerine, but THC infuses into honey just fine.
cc

Latest posts

Latest posts