What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A WHACK OF TASTY TREATS!! (in 3 parts as always...!)

G

Rough Guide To Consumption :eek:

1/16 (1.75g) med quality resin - 12 people FLOATING, 8 people FLYING, 4 people IN OUTASPACE!
1/8 average weed (3.5g) - 15 people FLOATING, 10 people FLYING, 5 people IN OUTASPACE!
1oz shade leaves (28g) - 15 people FLOATING, 10 people FLYING, 5 people IN OUTASPACE!

Pot Butter, Banana Bread, Hot Buttered Bhang, Indian Bhang, Normal Cookies, Stoney Brownies, Scooby Snacks, Space Cake, Stir Fry Bud, Chocolate Buds, Apple Pot, Pot Pasta,

Most recipes call for the manufacture of a certain quantity of "Bud Butter", which is then used as butter would normally be used in a cooking situation. THC is not a water-soluble compound, so butter would naturally be a good carrier substance for injestion. One version of a recipe for this kind of butter is included, the recipes are not. Use your imagination and you will find better food to make than the recipes I got. If you have any to share, send them to: neeper@concept420.com

Making Bud Butter

Melt a pound of butter in a pan. Mix 60-70 (or more grams of thoroughly sifted
pot in it. Let it boil carefully a couple of minutes until the butter has
gotten a green color from the grass. Then squeeze the butter through a fine
strainer. While you use the strain, keep the leaves away in a corner of the
pan by using a spoon. Squeeze hard to get out as much of the butter as possible.
The cooking time has varied from "a couple of minutes," as above, to 10-15 minutes from other baked epicurian masters. 10 minutes works fine for my "friends."

had the best luck with a double boiler, cooked it at a medium temp for about half an hour. He used about a 1 oz of dried leaves, including sunleaves, with 2 sticks of butter (gotta be real butter). He then strained it in a small kitchen strainer and refridgerated it until it was firm. There will be a sediment on the bottom of the jar, seems to be bits of leaf and crystals of THC. He just stirred it up before he used it to cook with. If you eat the butter on crackers, be aware that it tastes AWFUL, but if you cook with it the flavor does not come through. He cooked a batch of brownies (right off the unsweetened chocolate box) with this "cannabutter", couldn't taste it at all and was pretty well wasted on 2 small brownies. (it made 24 of em)

To warm up the pan a little will make the butter flow easier. Also strain the
butter that is gathered in the deeper parts of the pan. If you don't want any
remaining leaves in the butter, you can strain it through some muslin. A
problem concerning this is that you will loose some butter in the muslin. Don't
throw the leaves, they still may* contain viable THC. The leaves can be cooked
in milk or vodka and become a tasty and effective drink. Hot milk or vodka
might also be poured through the muslin, thereby saving some of the hashish
butter. You can fry more leaves in the same butter in you want to increase its
strength.
General "word on the street" is that the bud left over after the extraction is worthless and should be thrown away... I left the comment in the recipe because boiling the used pot in milk really* does taste good. I have not experienced consuming the beverage at what might be called a "baseline," so I do not know if it has psychoactive qualities.

A simpler and stronger version of the cannabis butter (or ghee)... by mixing
melted butter with hashish or hashish oil instead of pot. It is not necessary
to fry this as long as in the case with the pot. Just warm it up and mix it
until the hashish or hashish oil is dissolved in the butter. You can put as
much hashish (or hashish oil) into it as you want. Another plus is that there
are no remaining leaves with THC to worry about.
I would be sure to cook the hash with the butter long enough that any alcohol or chemicals that were used in processing the hash were cooked off, especially if using hash oil. Cook it until any alcohol or chemical smell is entirely gone.

Banana Bread

Hi ! I finally got my shit together and found the recipe for you ...
It's basically a normal banana cake, except we prepared the dope in the
following way. We took the butter and slowly melted it in a BIG wok. Then,
when it had all melted we threw in the dope ,and stirred it all around, making
sure the dope was covered in butter. Then we just followed the recipe as
normal, throwing in the dope/butter mix when it asked for it. Oh, let the
dope/butter simmer slowly for a while, to get all the THC. We left the dope in
the butter when we made ours, and it gave us a HUGE spin out ...
125 g butter
1 cup sugar - we actually put in 2 cups, and it tasted just perfect
2 eggs
2 bananas (ripe ones)
1/3 cup of milk - well enough to give it the right texture, wett, but not runny
1 teaspoon vinegar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Oven Temperature : 180 C (350 F)
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Beat it all well. Mash up the bananas.
Stir them into the bowl. Mix milk and vinegar in a cup. Sift the flour and
baking soda in a separate bowl. Add flour and milk to the butter bowl. Mix
it all well. Spread evenly in a greased 22 cm x 12 cm loaf tin. Bake it
for 1 hour. (we actually cooked ours longer - basically cook it until you can
stick a clean dry skewer in the middle, and come out with a clean dry skewer)
Leave til next day to slice and butter.

Normal Cookies (tips)

Just make a regular chocolate chip cookie batch, your very favourite kind. Then look at the weed you're gonna cook with and decide how many cookies you'd like it to make. So if you've got say a couple joint's worth, make maybe 3 or 4 cookies with it. Experiment with amounts. Maybe you've got just enough for one cookie. Then to make sure all the THC is properly isomerized by heat (something I'm not sure would otherwise happen given the short cooking time and relatively low mid-cookie temperature), saute the weed in a bit of vegetable oil in a little pan or pot at a low-med temperature til it's nice and aromatic and getting just a bit crispy and darker, but *not* to the point of toasted, brown, or god forbid, burnt in any way.

Cool the oil/weed mixture down, then add however may cookies worth of dough to the pan, mix it all up to get all the weed and now-psychoactive green oil blended in, and then dollop out your special green cookies onto the baking sheet along with their paler non-psychedelic brethren and bake away! Hint: don't use too much oil to precook the weed, or the cookies will be too, well, oily.

Variation: don't use any oil at all to precook the weed, just stir it around in a dry pan, being again very careful not to burn any. I'm not sure which works best in terms of THC utilization - with oil or without, but I feel a bit safer using some oil because the heat is more evenly distributed and there's less chance of burning. This last technique, cooking the weed in a dry pan, is from the famous early 70's primer "A Child's Garden of Grass" and does work very well if you're careful not to burn, allowing you to add the isomerized toasted grass to almost anything. I particularly like sprinkling it on toast with butter and honey. Yummy!

Last edited:
G

PART TWO (a whack of tasty treats)

PART TWO (a whack of tasty treats)

PART TWO!!

STONEY BROWNIES

150 gm butter (salty)
200 gm dark chocolate
1 cup raw sugar
3 60 gm eggs
1/2 cup plain flour
Nutmeg and Cinnamon
2 tbsp vanilla essence
2-3 oz dried ground leaf
1/4 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
Pre-heat oven to 175c, grease baking dish @ 25x35cm. Over low heat, melt butter and chocolate stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add spices, sugar and eggs. Stir until smooth, add flour, nuts and powdered leaf. Stir well (add dash of skim milk if necessary), pour into pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins. Cool and cut into 16 to 30 squares according to bravado. Lasts 6 hours.

SCOOBY SNACKS
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 cup quaker dry oatmeal
1 tbl vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
1 tsp walnut extract
1 oz. of finely ground cannabis
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If there is not enough liquid to mix all ingredients after 5 minutes of stirring, add a tiny amount of milk to aid in mixing of remaining ingredients. Taste batter before cooking and adjust amount of sugar to your liking. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how large you made your cookies. Can be cooked for a shorter time for chewier cookies, or a longer time for drier, crisp cookies.

Space Cake

For a nice cake (about 10 slices) you need:

200 gr. of bakingflour
200 CL. of milk
2 eggs
180 grams of sugar
180 grams of butter
a hot oven (200 °c)
a baking form
8 grams of good (light) hasjs. (I prefer using Polm or Zero)
Something to mix is always a nice touch. To give it the cake a fresh taste: put 1 apple (sliced) in the cake. You can mix cacao (chocolate), a banana, vanilla (no ice cream!!),... nearly anything in it.

Put the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it's a fat paste. Mix the hasjs with 4/5th of the butter. (heat up the hasjs with a lighter and crumble it in the butter). With the rest of the butter your fatten the baking form so you can get the cake out easy when it's done.

Now mix the butter (and hasjs), flour, eggs and milk and sugar (and the possible extra ingredient). Keep on mixing it for a few minutes until it's nice and smooth. If it's to dry: at a little milk. Is it to much of a liquid: ad a little flour.

Put the cake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Check how it looks before opening the oven. If it's big and brown (I think you can imagine how a cake looks like) open the oven and take the cake out.

Leave it outside the oven for about 30 minutes to cool down before getting it out of it's form.

Enjoy your meal.

(BTW: be sure to have a lot of soft drinks around. Space cake can be rather dry, and using the hasjs always gives everybody a dry mouth)

STIR FRY BUD

1 Red Pepper

1 Green Pepper

1 Yellow Pepper

1/2 small onion

butter

herbal seasoning of your choice

Slice the peppers lengthwise into strips about 1/2-3/4 inch wide. Chop the onion. Throw everything together in a skillet with the butter and sautee. Serve over rice. Wait an hour. ENJOY! tips: It's best to use real butter because herbal seasonings are fat soluble. You want the butter to carry the goodies. Use of a vegetable-oil-based margarine won't work as well. If you're cooking this with friends, take turns standing over the skillet stirring the veggies and seasonings. You don't want one person to have *all* the fun, as the vapors can be quite intense.

CHOCOLATE BUDS

Start with Hershey's Premium Baking Bar Unsweetened Chocolate. On the back is a recipe for brownies which includes

1 cup butter,

4 squares of chocolate,

2 cups sugar,

4 eggs,

1 cup of flour,

and vanilla extract.

Start with dry hemp leaves and grind them in a coffee grinder to a fine powder. Put in a measuring cup until ~75 ml of "green flour" is made. Fill to the 1 cup mark (250 ml) with regular flour. Proceed with recipe on box: Heat oven to 350 F, Grease 13x9x2 (inch) pan. Heat butter and chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs one at a time.

Add vanilla extract and stir in flour mixture. Add nuts if desired (a very nice touch I think) and bake for 40 minutes. It seemed to take 10 minutes longer than the box suggested (30 minutes) to be completely baked through. Makes 3 dozen brownies. Take 2 and wait an hour. Take 4 and cruise for 12 hours. Enjoy!

Apple Pot

Ingredients:

4 apples (cored)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup water

4 cherries

1/3 cup chopped grass [marijuana]

2 tablespoons cinnamon

What to do:

Powder the grass in a blender, then mix grass with sugar and water

Stuff cores with this paste

Sprinkle apples with cinnamon, and top with a cherry

Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees

Fantastic Pot Pasta

Ingredients:

2 cup shell pasta

1 1/2 cup cannabis milk (1/4 oz. bud or 1/2 oz. leaf)

half of a green (or red or yellow) pepper

half of a onion

a glove of garlic

2 tablespoons margarine (cannabis margarine!)

4 tablespoon flour

1/2 teaspoon wet mustard

fresh dill spice

3 tablespoon nutritional yeast

soy sauce

Method:

Boil pasta until complete. Set aside.
In a saucepan, saute veggies until onion is transparent. Set aside with pasta.
Melt margarine completely. Add flour to produce a thick paste. Add more flour if needed.
Blend in cannabis milk. Wisk until all is blended. Add heat to make the saute thick.
When desired consistency is achieved (be careful, sauce burns easily), add pasta and veggies.
Heat all together and serve.

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons Green Butter*
1/4 cup superfine white granulated sugar
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
1/3 cup liqueur ( Kahlua or Gran Marnier, etc.)
chocolate decorettes, chopped blanched almonds, or sweetened powered cocoa to roll the truffles in.

To make Green Butter: take at least 4oz. of shake leaf ( a good place to use up those harvest trimmings) place it in a pot with approximately 8 cups of water. Bring this to the simmering boil and add one pound of butter. Simmer this for at least 2 hours. Strain off liquid . Put a couple of cups of boiling water over the residual leaf to rinse more of the butter off the leaf: I use a potatoe ricer to squeeze the rest out of the leaf. Place all the liquid in wide bowl ( makes it easier to work with if a wide bowl). Allow this to cool then place in refrigerator. The butter will float to the top, and you can lift it off. Discard the remaining liquid. Use the Green Butter in receipes, or can eat on toast, etc., potent at this stage! You can freeze the Green Butter in a covered container for future use.

To make Truffles: Melt chocolate in double boiler , and gradually add in the butter. Add sugar and cook, stirring constantly , until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool as much as possible without letting it harden. Take about one to two tablespoons of the hot chocolate mixture and stir into the egg yolks to warm them before adding to the rest of the chocolate mixture, then stir in. Add almonds and mix well. Stir in liqueur. Allow this to cool and then put in the refrigerator to harden. When it firms up. use a spoon (I use a melon baller) to scoop up enough to make a ball about one and a half inches in diameter. Roll the ball in your palms. to form a ball. Then roll the ball into the chocolate decorettes or almonds or whatever. Place in little paper cups for presentation.

Tips: To make superfine granulated sugar ( if you don't want to buy it) place regular sugar in a blender and whiz it- but not too much or you'll end up with powered sugar.

Also, I try to make several flavored batches at a time and "match" the stuff I roll them in with the type of flavored liqueur. For example, with the Gran Marnier I use the choc. decorettes; with Frangelico, almonds, and Kahlua, powdered cocoa sweetened with powdered sugar. I am sure there are a zillion combinations.

These make perfect holiday gifts for those special friends. The Truffles freeze very well for storage

Enjoy folks!!!

:abduct:

G

PART 3 (a whack of tasty treats)

PART 3 (a whack of tasty treats)

Hot Buttered Bhang

"In a saucepan, melt half a cube (1/8 pound) of butter or ghee.
Crumble a good handful of marijuana tops or leaves (1/3 - 1/2 ounce) !$WoW$!.
Stir the grass into the molten butter. Continue stirring over medium
heat for one minute. While it is hot or sizzling, add 8 ounces of
vodka. Be cautious that the hot butter does not make the mixture
spatter. It is best to pour in the vodka swiftly. Continue to boil for
30 seconds or more, stirring all the while. A pinch or two of powdered
cardamom seed may be added during the boiling. . . .
"After boiling as much as desired, strain the liquids. Press the mash
in a strainer with the back of a spoon to remove all the juices.
Discard mash or boil it again in fresh vodka to salvage more
materials. Sweeten to taste with honey if wanted. Pour the liquid into
4-ounce wine glasses. . . . Serves two. "only two!!
"This recipe is not only an efficient method of extracting the active
principles from marijuana, and an excellent medium for assimilation
(alcohol, butter and honey), but it also has a delicious and
satisfying flavor. It is reminiscent of hot chocolate, but is much
more pleasant to drink. It is one of the most swiftly absorbed
cannabis concoctions. The effects of the grass may be felt in less
than fifteen minutes. Cheers!"

Indian Bhang

2 cups water 1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)

4 cups warm milk

2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds

1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]

1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater

1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times).

Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy. It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

Have fun!

:abduct: :eek: :cool: :p

G

that reminds me

...I still have a big slab of ganja butter in the back of my freezer

...too bad I'm not really into most bake goods/treats