What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stresstest

Florere

Do the companies like flowery field etc stress test their (future) mothers to rule out hermaphrodite's

So it's "safe" to put a room full of different strains which cannot be reached after week 3 for checking for balls/herma.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
cannot not be reached after week 3????

I don't get it. How do you expect to keep them alive if you cannot get to them after week 3? You let them grow and you abandon them? Why?

Maybe you mean that you can't get to them until after the 3rd week? If so...still weird but not impossible if you have an automated watering system.

The solutions are quite simple:
1. You take a few extra clones that you veg somewhere else. If any of the mothers herms you know which one to never grow again.
2. You make cages covered in pollen-proof window netting. Doesn't matter which one herms as long as no pollen reaches the other plants.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I am familiar with the method. I understand now why you would be worried about hermies.

If you have your environment under control then stress should be no problem. But I guess I would be less stressed if I knew that I had on less thing to worry about.

Have you thought about googling the strains you're running and equivalents in the local language of words such as herm, hermy or hermaphrodite?That should get you faster responses than waiting around for someone to answer.

I'm afraid I can't do more.
Hope you never have hermaphrodites in your grows!

Cheers:tiphat:

Florere

Thank you.

If the companies do test for it, than there should be no problem. I thought maybe somebody here knows more. That's why I'm asking.

Otherwise I test myself, but i rather just start with tested plants, safe's me months

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Then how about you make a smaller grow and subject the plants to the types of stress you're most likely to come across? It's cheaper and faster.

yts farmer

Veteran
Do the companies like flowery field etc stress test their (future) mothers to rule out hermaphrodite's

So it's "safe" to put a room full of different strains which cannot be reached after week 3 for checking for balls/herma.

If you have instagram you can chat pretty easily with the people at flowery fields, happy plant etc.

Just send them a dm, they reply very quickly. I was just chatting with the guys at happy plant last night about the cultiva expo.

Peace.