What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st outdoor and plants are sick! HELP!

Hey fam,
I need some help on why some of my plants outdoor is yellowing. I'm using jack 20-20-20, jack bloom booster 10-30-20 & MOAB with RO greenfield in 65-100 gallon smart pot. I'm like 5-6 weeks into flowering already.
Anyways, fan leaves will have yellow spot on them, some have completely died already. This happened to the inner inside of some plants too.
After reading I think it's lack of potassium from using well water that have water softener but not enough info to really know.
I don't know how to upload pick from my phone. Until I can figured it out I'll upload some photos. I know it'll be way easier for ya to identify the problem with having picture but until then can anyone think of what's going on. Thanks!

Scrappy-doo

Could be ph related. Yellow spotting could be calcium deficiency but without a pic impossible to say. What ph are you at with your mix?

I'm not familiar with your nutes but does it have micro nutrients and plenty of cal and mag? If not that could be part the problem also.

I'm not sure if it have micro nute or not. I was thinking it could be lack of cal-mag also and brought some which I have been feeding for a week now. But I'm pretty sure cal-mag wouldn't do this much damage.
Any info on how I upload photos?

in week 5-6 there is nothing you can make.. you already feeding much. maybe to much water? this can cause yellowing! They dont drink anymore like in august!

Well water ppm 340
Well water ph 7.1
After I mix the nute in
Ppm 1000-1300
Ph 6.6

Plants seem to get worse and worse as the days goes by! 😞

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 9

Satyros

While the first picture looks like a deficiency, the last ones are pretty much beyond anything I'd call normal leaf loss.

I'd try to find out more about the water softener, it could be releasing sodium.

Scrappy-doo

Looks like some major nute burn to me. Excess salt buildup caused your ph to sink locking out other nutes so now you got deficiencies too. That's my guess. Wish I had a solution other than stop feeding. You could try to dump a bunch of water in there to flush the salts out, but that may cause other problems. My only advice is to consider going organic next season so you can avoid this sort of thing. I'm sure you'll get to the finish line, just a bit lighter than you hoped.

not all plants are this way, only some but enough to scare the shit out of me. Funny thing too is some of the same strain are getting damaged.
This didn't happen until it started to flower. I know it's nute lock out but is not sure what is causing it.
Can it be plant getting root bound?

Scrappy-doo

No being root bound won't cause that.

PH going out of range is what causes nutes to lock out. Salt buildup from chem ferts is the most common way growers affect their ph and get these problems. I'm so glad I stopped growing my herbs with chems. Go organic next season bro.

Good luck.

JOJO420

Veteran
I have read this 3-4 times before I responded. I concur with overfert, ph issues and water softener issues.
Going deeper , did you have any mite issues? Thrips? If so, it gets even deeper.
How many different strains are you growing? Is this problem strain specific or random?

Now let's look at yer water source
Well water. Ding ding ding!
Have you had an agricultural water test done yet? Do you know what is in yer water? Hard or soft water?
You need to know, bottom line.
I bet it is high in bicarbonate .
That will fuck everything up...

mushroombrew

Veteran
If you plan on growing there for a while get a water test. My well is amazing. But I cannot water directly. pH 7.8. So I pH to 6.5 every watering. Doing that alone will improve you plants.