What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wander Trimmer?

Former Guest

I wanted one of these: http://youtu.be/9gEvVGxclUU

guy says he can trim a QP in 30-45 minutes. not sure what the amount you're trying to trim is but these tend to go anywhere from $130-200. it uses blades under the grill and that is what cuts the trim leaves off. fans would have to be hand snipped. the machine you have linked uses a vacuum which would have a tearing type of cut and I would think that a vacuum couldn't select between a flower and a sugar leaf and it's main objective is to suck. if it can suck off fans, it's going to suck off other stuff despite claims from manufacturer but then again, I haven't used this or the other trimmer. I just wanted one because I really hate harvesting. plus I'm subscribed now :D

Bo Hasset

I bought a "Wander" this year for some light dep, and honestly I feel like it was a waste of money. It is relatively easy to set-up and operate, but I couldn't keep the blade from gunking up every time I buzzed a cola. There is a sped-up video of a guy running through racks on youtube that made it seem as if a good break-down and re-assemble cleaning wasn't needed but every 45 minutes or so. I found myself having to stop and re-adjust things constantly.

I've given it to a couple trimmers to use on outdoor harvest right now, so maybe they'll have some more input at the end of the season or maybe they'll have more patience than me and develop some good techniques for speed cleaning. It does give a better aesthetic than traditional tumble style trimmers, though. I'm 50/50 on it overall, really.

merkaba

How fast does it seem folks can trim with the Bonsais? I have heard anything from 1lb every 4 hrs to about the same as scissors just without the fatigue.

LSWM

How fast does it seem folks can trim with the Bonsais? I have heard anything from 1lb every 4 hrs to about the same as scissors just without the fatigue.

I couldn't recommend them enough! I pluck the fans with no sugar before I touch them with the trimmers.
I timed myself at the last site. From removing branches, to placing the trimmed buds on the racks, I averaged 4 finished ounces per hour. Some buds are easier to trim, so your mileage may vary.

I stole that quote from Arminius' thread. Seems everybody loves the Bonsai Hero.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
This is probably my first necro bump, but wow, overpriced is right...

Especially when they haven't invented anything, it is a copy of how the now defunct Aadvark/toppensneller from Holland worked. A tiny tubular blade in a bigger tube hooked up to a vac. The difference between the Aadvark and the wander is the motor for the wander is in its own housing....and about $1000 in rrp.

These things are literally a dremel with a custom attachment at the end of an easily available 4 foot flexi shaft.

I see an enterprising US company is selling a knockoff Bonsai Hero too...