What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

budlykush

Nice to hear you are making the bho pills. I used to make a batch of 24 with 3 grams of bho, mct oil and cornstarch. Way too strong but I made hundreds and people loved them.

I seal my container during the heating-decarb process, so I don't loose any essential trepenes and such.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Nice to hear you are making the bho pills. I used to make a batch of 24 with 3 grams of bho, mct oil and cornstarch. Way too strong but I made hundreds and people loved them.

I seal my container during the heating-decarb process, so I don't loose any essential trepenes and such.

Cool, but I prefer to monitor the temperature. If you keep it around 250 F nothing will be wasted...only when you get near 300. When you have the lid on, you do not know what the temperature of the oil mixture is. That is important to know how long to simmer for. I did it with the lid and cornstarch...the results were not as good or consistent. The cornstarch does not mix well with the oil and is a waste of time IMO. I just use the oil, suck it up with a syringe, fill and put in the freezer. Dosage is more consistent for me that way. The cornstarch is a waste when using BHO. The cornstarch works better to mix MCT oil and ground bud vs BHO. But I nor my patients want to swallow bud, the material can upset peoples stomachs. Crohn's and IBS patients do not need that. Plus you get "green burps".

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing bro!

We do a similar thing which we call cannacaps.

It is QWET or BHO oil, mixed with coconut oil, but we then add enough corn starch to turn the mixture to silly putty, before stuffing the caps.

It is more stable and doesn't leak as easily.

For each 10 grams of oil, we add 3 grams of virgin unrefined coconut oil and it takes about 22 grams of corn starch to turn it into silly putty.

Unfortunately a 0.1 gram scale was not accurate enough to weigh out dosages, so I personally use a grain scale for measuring out powder.

One grain is about a standard pain relieving dose for a light tolerance patient and about three grains is a high tolerance pain relieving dose.

We still discobobulated an uber-sensitive volunteer test paitent with the light dosage, but our heavy tolerance patients were not discobobulated at 9 grains.

Note that a pain relieving dose is not necessarily the same as a ripited dose, so use the numbers with a grain of salt.

The strain also makes a big difference. The higher the CBD, the better the pain relief and the less likely the accompanying THC will be too speedy for some.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
well im finally going to try this since i found a place that sells the mct oil near by but, I was wondering if i could use som nice goeey bubble hash instead it bubbles nicely and melts down into oil when burned its not clear dome tho :( will this work just as well as bho???????

any replies would be tight and much appreach.

thanks!! and peaace

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
also i would just like to use 1g of bubble hash just to try this out how many ml of mct oil would use for that much?? and how many pills wouild that make , i want some pretty potent ones like eating one or two will keep you good all afternoon and night

thanks again

Glad to read that so many are in to the BHO! I have been making edibles for a little while, and I used a gram of BHO (in addition to reg. ganj oil)per dozen baked goods, or a gram per loaf of banana bread. Seemed to be the right dosage and everyone was happy with it.

I wanted to add though, living in the land of top-quality food and herb with many other health conscious and very tuned-in folks, that I have had a difficult time promoting goods or products with BHO. I have a lot of confidence that the way we make it contains virtually zero butane, however I have been asked about the carcinogenic properties of butane.

Butane is a carcinogen. I would feel ok with dosing myself, and other young whippersnappers with it... HOWEVER... since BHO is more of a medically oriented way to ingest thc, I just wanted to play the devil's advocate I guess, and at least hope that all of these BHO supporters on here are at the very least making an *informed* decision to ingest this product.

If someone is trying to heal from cancer, for example, the last thing you'd want to administer to them would be a carcinogenic gas residue! It has left people with mouth sores from smoking it, but I am not sure what the effects are from ingestion.

Butane is also toxic to the endocrine system, reproductive system, and stunts development to those not fully grown, among other issues.

One person commented on the taste of butane burp after ingesting pills. YIKES! I would think that if you can taste it, then the butane remains?. Any BHO we have made has not had that residual taste.

Maybe actually smoking the BHO may alter the chemical in a more harmful way, maybe eating it does not do as much (if any) harm. If anyone knows what the difference between eating and smoking it, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know. In the meantime, I have shelved my BHO and concentrate on making the highest potency organic oils that I can.

Safety First,
MissGD

slowandeasy

Veteran
Glad to read that so many are in to the BHO! I have been making edibles for a little while, and I used a gram of BHO (in addition to reg. ganj oil)per dozen baked goods, or a gram per loaf of banana bread. Seemed to be the right dosage and everyone was happy with it.

I wanted to add though, living in the land of top-quality food and herb with many other health conscious and very tuned-in folks, that I have had a difficult time promoting goods or products with BHO. I have a lot of confidence that the way we make it contains virtually zero butane, however I have been asked about the carcinogenic properties of butane.

Butane is a carcinogen. I would feel ok with dosing myself, and other young whippersnappers with it... HOWEVER... since BHO is more of a medically oriented way to ingest thc, I just wanted to play the devil's advocate I guess, and at least hope that all of these BHO supporters on here are at the very least making an *informed* decision to ingest this product.

If someone is trying to heal from cancer, for example, the last thing you'd want to administer to them would be a carcinogenic gas residue! It has left people with mouth sores from smoking it, but I am not sure what the effects are from ingestion.

Butane is also toxic to the endocrine system, reproductive system, and stunts development to those not fully grown, among other issues.

One person commented on the taste of butane burp after ingesting pills. YIKES! I would think that if you can taste it, then the butane remains?. Any BHO we have made has not had that residual taste.

Maybe actually smoking the BHO may alter the chemical in a more harmful way, maybe eating it does not do as much (if any) harm. If anyone knows what the difference between eating and smoking it, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know. In the meantime, I have shelved my BHO and concentrate on making the highest potency organic oils that I can.

Safety First,
MissGD

If you purge your butane, like I do, there is nothing left. If you know what good BHO smells like, that is what the burps smell like. It does not smell like Butane. However, if you use bad butane or do not purge your oil well...well, who knows what is in it. I just offer this as a very effective method to use your BHO. I am actually experimenting with Bubble Hash edibles instead. There are no chances of ANY toxins making bubble hash, unless you used a dirty paint bucket!!!

igrowkushbitch

slowandeasy thanks for sharing I just ordered a bottle of mct oil. When you say " Next the MCT oil is put into a mason jar that is sitting in a hot oil bath" does that mean heating up a large amount of oil in a pot? Would water work?

slowandeasy

Veteran
slowandeasy thanks for sharing I just ordered a bottle of mct oil. When you say " Next the MCT oil is put into a mason jar that is sitting in a hot oil bath" does that mean heating up a large amount of oil in a pot? Would water work?

Just use a small mason jar, the smallest you can find. Take a small pot and put a little bit of cooking oil in it, and get your temps up to about 250 F. Water will not get that hot, it boils at around 200 F, so no...water will not work the same. If you want to use water, it will take you much longer to fully decarb the oil. I like using oil, because it is faster and if you keep things stable...it works really well. TEMP VS TIME is the rule when cooking. The hotter the Temps, the faster it decarbs....but if you overheat...you wasted it.

David762

That's some really great info, SlowAndEasy.

It sounds like you have an excellent process for making canna-medicine -- no smoking, and no high calorie edibles. I loved your anecdotal "trials & tribulations" regarding dosage. :)
It does sound like you have catered toward a single dose per day, though, which may be a problem for really medically fucked up people like me. I would probably have to lower the dose a bit more, in order to maintain a working THC|CBD level in the bloodstream, with perhaps 4 doses per day.

BTW: Did you have to go on-line, or were you able to find those "00" capsules through a local vendor? (IMHO, local is better -- cash & carry is more anonymous.)
:tiphat:

slowandeasy

Veteran
That's some really great info, SlowAndEasy.

It sounds like you have an excellent process for making canna-medicine -- no smoking, and no high calorie edibles. I loved your anecdotal "trials & tribulations" regarding dosage. :)
It does sound like you have catered toward a single dose per day, though, which may be a problem for really medically fucked up people like me. I would probably have to lower the dose a bit more, in order to maintain a working THC|CBD level in the bloodstream, with perhaps 4 doses per day.

BTW: Did you have to go on-line, or were you able to find those "00" capsules through a local vendor? (IMHO, local is better -- cash & carry is more anonymous.)
:tiphat:

Local vitamin stores carry them in stock. Yes, the strength that I made was for all day. Trust me, it works...all day!! But, everyone who has taken that dosage said it was borderline too strong. Like, telling yourself " It's only weed" strong. Next batch will be 4 to 1 MCT oil to BHO. That way you can take more than one per day if need be. Plus, the strong ones can make certain people paranoid for awhile. Very potent!! Good luck

Thanks for posting this; super easy to make!!! One wild hair, and in less than two hours I made 30 capsules, ready to eat from scratch.(no caps or holder, just QWISO already made)

During the course of puffing on a couple Turkey bags full of vapor, I was able to: scavenge and recycle 30 capsules(from wife's Eccenacia sp?), fill a small pot with oil and place the mason jar with a few grams of high quality QWISO and Coconut oil at 250f for 30 minutes.

I deviated a little and added 15ml water after the oil cooled, reheated to just under 212f, then cooled in the freezer for 30 minutes to separate. Then poured off the water, reheated only oil mixture, in mason jar oil bath to 250f for just a minute or two, turn off heat and allow oil mix to slowly cool from 250f to 200f in oil bath, allowing any water to purge.(yeah it spatters; partly cover with mason jar lid)

Then one more bag of vapor to make: a 30-capsule holder while the oil cools below 200f, load holder with caps, fill via syringe, replace tops, and into the freezer.

One bag of vapor later all caps had solidified and were ready to go into a pill bottle in the refrigerator.

I took one capsule thirty minutes ago... And I already like where this is headed

Thanks again
H

quiescent

Safety First,
MissGD

I'm pretty sure that most essential oils that are used in the food/herbal medicine industry are extracted using butane, among other solvents. I know the government isn't a very reliable source of information but they approve of it and people ingest more butane sparking up with a lighter than could possibly be left in the oil I make.

I call bs on the tasting butane in gel caps.... I've ate ounces of bho and likely smoked almost a pound of it in the past year, not once have I ever thought my product had enough butane left in it to even start a flame up. Honestly if YOU don't see a problem with using the butane and haven't ever tasted it I wouldn't let what some of the nutjobs out there say.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that most essential oils that are used in the food/herbal medicine industry are extracted using butane, among other solvents. I know the government isn't a very reliable source of information but they approve of it and people ingest more butane sparking up with a lighter than could possibly be left in the oil I make.

I call bs on the tasting butane in gel caps.... I've ate ounces of bho and likely smoked almost a pound of it in the past year, not once have I ever thought my product had enough butane left in it to even start a flame up. Honestly if YOU don't see a problem with using the butane and haven't ever tasted it I wouldn't let what some of the nutjobs out there say.

Nobody claimed to taste butane in BHO pills, but if you eat BHO...your burps smell like BHO...not butane. If you fully extract your BHO, there is nothing left. It would flame up if there was.

quiescent

Nobody claimed to taste butane in BHO pills, but if you eat BHO...your burps smell like BHO...not butane. If you fully extract your BHO, there is nothing left. It would flame up if there was.

Actually someone did claim to taste butane, but who knows maybe my reading comprehension skills need some work...maybe....

slowandeasy

Veteran
Actually someone did claim to taste butane, but who knows maybe my reading comprehension skills need some work...maybe....

Well that was no me who posted that, I have made BHO hundreds of times. There is nothing left in mine!! But if not done right...who knows??