What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Kindness makes lollipops/hard candy

Pandor181

Is it possible to experiment with smaller batches? I don't have a tall pot.

Also, Is it possible to experiment without having a candy mold? Can you pour it on a flat surface?

All i have to say is that's one dank ass recipie DK. We made your recipie but added flavoring and food coloring we made green apple, cinnamon, and watermelon jolly ranchers 3 grams of bho 500 candies. Two candies at 5 bucks a piece you do the math....... No offense DK but i think that the cinnamon was very good to be honest i think that may just depend on personal preference. Just my two cents though and thanks alot again bro you laid all the ground work for us....https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=33097

U

Ultra Current

Ive had these before and they were great. Can't wait to make some for Christmas!

This is the smallest batch of candy that I do make. I like to keep it in small batches, so my pot is small. A batch of candy that uses 1/2 c sugar 1/2 c corn syrup & 1/4c water will make roughly 26-32 small lollipops, .6g of bho is the lowest dose I make, as for the regular stoner, too much is a bad thing.

For personal stash strength, or high pain days, I use much more bho, I will go up to 4g of bho for the same amount of sugars. I would never let anyone without a wickedly high tolerance eat one though.

Peppermint I find is altoid strong and will hide most of the cannabis taste, but I use pretty flavorful bho to begin with. Pineapple flavor is my favorite, another favorite is blackberry. Watermelon works exceptionally well as does any citrus.

The caramels, I decided not to make cannabutter anymore b/c of the new extraction unit that we invented. So I have plenty of bho to work with for my edibles. I'm going to make a batch of caramels soon, I'm trying to figure out the ratios, because I'm kinda making this one for personal stash strength and for my heavy medicating patients.

The caramels are not something you want to make and eat a lot of, as they are super rich with heavy ream and butter as well as sugar and corn syrup. I do need a much taller pot for the caramels, and I find that making the caramels is much more dangerous than making lollipops/hard candy.

So if you have some not that great tasting oil, then you can use peppermint oil to cover the taste practically completely.

I made a huge amount of candy this summer and fall, shared it with hundreds of people and they have all loved them. Just like I go around sharing my bho... pretty much if you're around me and you're not stoned it's your own damned fault.

InjectTruth

Caramels

3 cups brown sugar
1.5 cups corn syrup
1 approx. 5.5oz can condensed sweetened milk
1.5 sticks of butter (use cannabutter for extra potency)
tsp of vanilla
dash of salt
5g of kif or bubble/ or 4g BHO

melt the ingredients, bring to 250 degrees no quicker than 45 minutes. Hold at 250 for 3 minutes, pour into a 9x13 tray, lightly greased.

Makes 200 bite size caramels approx 10-15mg each

a6grow

Has anyone tried adapting a hard candy recipe for diabetes patients? I looked up some hard candy recipes for diabetics and they mostly use an artificial sugar substitute called maltitol. Does anyone have experience with maltitol??

In the first post she lists:

1/2 of 1/3c corn syrup

Does she mean 1/2 cup of corn syrup? Or is there a type of corn syrup called 1/3?

I was lucky to have been given a lollipop from DK. All I can say is that it was amazing! Now I want to make my own.

D

DaveTheNewbie

so how long do these lollies last once made?
is the product going to last weeks or months or what before degrading much?

PhatPhreddy420

so how long do these lollies last once made?
is the product going to last weeks or months or what before degrading much?

Never tested for storage/shelf life.

A batch of 48 usually lasts a month for me. 24 go immediately to a friend with Stage 4 lung cancer and I always drop them on friends when I can.

Or a week if word gets out that there's a fresh batch in the candy jar.......

If the candies are stored in the fridge or freezer they will last quite a while, sitting out, they get gummy.

I did perfect several caramel recipes. I recently made a batch of bacon caramels medicated with 6g of bho. Which I then added to a gelato recipe and had one serving 4oz 3 nights ago, and fell asleep for 20 hours after hallucinating and not being able to see normally (everything in triples).

I have been working on lots of frozen treats, and just got in my ice pop molds and will be making hibiscus and raspberry paletas, medicated of course.

My best flavors for gelato are raspberry chambord and limoncello, now that I found meyer lemons in the store, I will be doing a lot with them, as they are my favorite. I also have a great old fashioned black sticky gingerbread recipe for the holidays, and have been making my own hemp milk from both raw hemp hearts and seeds I have around, and also hempfu- tofu also made from hemp seeds, and fan leaf kimchi. Let me know if anyone wants me to post tutorials and I will work on them this weekend when I get my new samsung galaxy note 8 figured out, as I have very old cameras and I suck at taking picts, especially since I usually need both hands to cook, so need to sprout another arm to take picts.

Can't wait for my new gelato machine to get in! It will be nice to move to an air compressor cooled machine instead of having to refreeze the pot every time and only being able to spin a quart of gelato at a time. And the new pump for the closed loop extraction unit Duckmang and I made will be in soon any day now, so I can make more bho from the new improved unit, have plants waiting right now to extract.

It's great to see so many people making edibles and sharing their recipes. Let em know which ones I listed you guys would like to see, and I'll work on the picts this weekend hopefully I will have some company to help me take picts, or rope DM into helping me, but he will usually find busy work instead of hanging out and watching me cook.

I found that hempfu is sweeter and more crumbly than regular tofu, but it's not GMO, which most of soybeans are. And making hemp milk and hempfu is crazy simple and easy to do.

I also make home made marshmallows, italian torrone (nougat) and persian pistachio nougat, 3 different recipes for gummy candies, bread pudding, pretty much all manner of desserts/candies/treats, cotton candy, still working on the exploding carbon candy (pop rocks) as they prematurely pop when I try to flavor and medicate them, truffles, rocky road candy, fudge, 3-4 caramel recipes, including bacon caramel, and several main course dinner meals that are medicated, like green thai coconut curry. I also make gluten free cream puff pastries and eclairs, doughnuts, cakes, custards, pies, and now mexican paletas (popscicles but more grown up ingredients and flavors, using a lot of fresh fruits, spices etc) and all my recipes are gluten free, as I have celiac disease. And for those interested in hemp/cannabis raw and fermented foods, I have a bunch of recipes up my sleeve for those too. Let me know what you would like to create a thread about for edibles etc, so I can make sure I have all the stuff I need to make them this weekend and to take picts... to do the type of posts/tutorials like my lollipop/hard candy recipe. As I know we are all picture whores.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Made some lollies and lozenges today. Used your recipe, Dk.
I didn't have any flavoring to add but I did have some watermelon Jolly Ranchers here which I crushed and added to the mix. Used almost a gram of ethanol extracted oil . After they were done I dusted them with confectioners sugar to keep them from sticking.
Mrs. Ahab got me some lolly molds for Christmas but they are a bit large so I only made one tray of those but also made some lozenges that are a bit smaller. One of the lozenges gives a pretty good head buzz, for sure. Only been about 1/2 an hour and I'm feeling it already.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts