What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need a recipe...

laslo_snuts

That I can do in the kitchen, and i've never done it before... I got about 2.oz of lower quality bud, buds that were seeded, some trim ect... I was thinking of making canna butter... but it seems such an ordeal... can anyone give me some pointers... peace.

King Kong

General guidelines for Canna Cooking

General guidelines for Canna Cooking

In cooking cannibus, oil is the key. The MJ must come into contact with a human digestible oil, as it is not water soluable. Heat should be used to hasten the transference to the oil, as opposed to Hashish extraction methods which usually rely on cold.

Types of oil

Butter or margerine (Not Lo/No fat stuff)
Cooking oils (Cannola, Peanut, Olive, ect)
Fats/Greases from cooking meats
Naturally oily foods (Natural peanut butter or even MJ Seeds!)
Dairy products (Again, not lo/no fat)

Stay away from evaporatable oils, like no-stick sprays.

Read your Nutritional labels. Try to steer away from Trans/Saturated fats just for health reasons.

Combination methods.

Best results come from combining the MJ with the oil in a high concentration at low heat. Stay below 350 F. and try not to heat over 1 hr. Optimal results tend to be about 315-325 degrees for about 25 min. Baking seems to work best. Stay away from frying! Other than that, experiment to your heart's (and budget's) content.

Easy Recipe

NOTE! The following is not my recipe, search on OG for original. Provided for reference only.

Firecrackers

Ingredients

8 crackers (saltines work, Triscuits cook well)
NATURAL peanut butter (Processed works, just not as well)
About 1 Joints worth of MJ (Personal tolerance and relative strength of product should be taken into consideration)

Instructions:

PREHEAT OVEN TO 320 Degrees F.

Spread peanut butter over crackers in thin layer like you were going to just eat them. All 8 should be covered.

Place 4 crackers on cookie sheet.

Sprinkle finly ground MJ over the crackers. Try to get it even as possible.

Place the other 4 crackers on top of the 4 on the cookie sheet. Press down, but do not squirt peanut butter out the edges.

Place cookie sheet on center rack in preheated oven.

Let cook for 22 minutes (Set a timer)

Remove and cool

Hints:

Do not eat all at once! This is meant to supply an evening of use. 2-3 hrs between crackers. Small hits OK to even out dose. BEWARE THE CREEP!

Animals/Children are attracted to this. Keep out of reach of anyone.

Can be wrapped in foil and kept for 2-3 days.

laslo_snuts

Recipe...

Recipe...

Hey thank you... I have already made my butter... I put the weed dry in a big bowl with 2 1/4 sticks of butter and about 2-1/2 cups of water... covered with tin foil... and put in the oven at 335 degrees... for about 1-1/2- 2-hrs... with an occasional stir... I then put it in a big plastic container in the fridge to cool and let the butter part float to the top... and harden... the took it out and scrapped the residue off the bottom... it was a light green color... I also strained the liquid thru to different size screen sieves... it took all the particles out... ended up with about (1) 1/4 oz... round glob... I put 1/3 into my oatmeal, with sugar... you could taste it a lil... but is was not bad... I will make butter now with all my scraps, ect... or if I save some money I'll try the small Bubble bags... thank you again for the tips/ help ... Laslo.