What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Bruce Banner Story

LNG

To begin with - I am not an experienced grower at all. Have been growing for just over a year in which have tried several different strains, and made plenty of rookie mistakes, but there is a story here particularly about mishaps of one of the strains.

So when I started growing, I was super eager and if there were a space for a pot - it would go in the tent.
Now I do understand that these are not ways of a good grower.
Doing this led to much stretch in plants as they were fighting for light, also a choice of several averagely tall Sativa type strains was not great as I have restricted space available.

One by one, the crop did not produce what I had been expecting or as it was described on the label. This was also due to multitude of other issues I took my time to realize was happening - such as not enough powered LED's, hot weather, wrong PH water, pests (thrips), also space due to my eagerness.

So this led me to choose heavyweight producer strain - Bruce Banner. However, I think that the seeds I got weren't the greatest genetics as most of them turned hermies resulting in all of the plants having seeds in them. Wasn't ideal, but, I thought to myself that I'm still learning and I would want to see what happens. And surprise, surprise the babies were all ladies. They grew well enough, but I was still ironing out the issues, so the crop again wasn't great. So 2 runs of these baby bruce banners and in the second lot, eh voila, some hermies again.
But now, the issues have been sorted and parallel strains we are growing are finally getting more substantial. So again I thought - I want to see what happens.
So, now we have Bruce Banner GrandChildren - and even tho - it was not an absolutely 100% heavyweight the crop is pleasurable to the eye. Healthy looking plants with buds that bend the branch.
I'm yet to find out what came of these 6 grandchildren that we had, which I will hopefully in the next day or two.
Meanwhile, we named these Sandra, Janice
and Doris.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Were the seeds from Dark Horse genetics?

Wouldn't say a terrible result, you got some pine cones there eh? :skiiing:

LNG

it was such a long time ago, it is possible if they were or possibly Fat Bastard Seeds - a brand I've seen only in one place and every crop has been worse than previous one, starting with germination issues and very weak seedlings.

Oh my, thank you :) my aim is to eventually get one that will stretch from my elbow to palm, then I will be contempt :D