What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it just me? Or.....

Azeotrope

Veteran
After many years of growing Ace Seeds varieties and some others that are not so commercial or "fan boy" popular, I have a rolling and growing list of herb that I just will not smoke or touch.

I live and travel (somewhat frequently) in close enough proximity to WA, OR, CO, CA. I have tried all of the "fire" strains imaginable. Just about every one that has a dedicated "sticky" in this forum and they are all blah! Junk! If I see any of the following in the name, or any combination of them, I move on:

OG
Sour
Mint
Cookie
Kush
Diesel
Wreck
Glue
Gorilla
Sugar
White
AK
Widow
Matanuska
NL
Bubba

I could probably think of a few more...... All bland and boring. If they boast about or are pushed for their "high thc %", I move on. Most are poorly selected for odor/scent and some worthless THC number.

True NL was lost a long time ago. Matanuska was never a particular plant or seed run from two specific parents.

The commercial market has absolutely ruined cannabis. Much better effects and variety.

I saw the list of stickies in this forum and remembered why I rarely stop in here.

Go ahead and flame away. I do not care.

Nexus7

Which Ace varities do you recommend?

I've tried Zamaldelica, Kali China and Malawi.

I didn't care for the Malawi much. Zamaldelica had nice effects but was a little on the mild side. Kali China was a bit disappointing in flower form but the dry sift from the same flower was superb! Nice aroma on the KC too!

I think you'll find with the commercial/dispensary weed if you were to grow the same strains yourself you'll enjoy them a lot more ;)

Azeotrope

Veteran
I rarely enjoy anything with over 25-30% Indica in it's background.

Golden Tiger
Malawai x PCK nearly 50/50 but, Damn!
Malawai x Panama
Panama Red
Malawi
Bangi Haze
Tropical Mix was fun
Snow moon - Too indica in effect but it was so damn yummy and great for pain.

I have been working a cross I made with a very special Snow Moon male and 2 crazy/powerful/trippy Golden Tigers.

Worked a few from CBG years ago like Destroyer and and they were great.

Azeotrope

Veteran
"think you'll find with the commercial/dispensary weed if you were to grow the same strains yourself you'll enjoy them a lot more "

I know some very skilled farmers and they have run plenty of the "popular" names of the day and they just have been drab. I think too much indica is in most of them. People are looking for easy grows, massive/fast yields, smell, and some flavor they can stick a name on that is familiar to people in life outside of cannabis. Diesel, berry, sour, mint, cookies or whatever. Nothing short of breeding for the chumps of the world.

You know.... Fine wine takes time. Volume (yield) and top shelf anything rarely come together. Overall terpene profile is more important than THC % and much of the more "landrace" based offerings consistently run very high levels of THC while offering much more complexity as a whole.

rolandomota

You smoke too much to often lots of us have that problem I grew Malawi , Malawi x Panama golden tiger none were strong like the description I think dubi doesn't smoke too much or too often.
We're too pickled with thc to truly enjoy weed even the best plants suck in some way like tolerance build up
I like to smoke all day every day I just can never get high enough literally all day everyday
What most people smoke in a day I smoke for breakfast im not bragging I'm just saying we smoke too often that's the main reason why it's not so satisfying especially when smoking all the rejected plants that are for sale because if it's good your keeping it for yourself why? Most weed out their sucks and it's because people are selecting against the trippy effects
Everyone selects warm euphoria or sleepy and high thc of these booring type highs they don't like paranoid tripping vasoconstricting weeds.... those are my bread and butter but even sativas suck sometimes
I always tell people who are beginning to smoke to try and get as high as they can now because later you won't be able to reach the same dimensions I think that's the main reason why some cultures make and smoke hash because the plants can't get you high enough when you smoke all day every day for years

Weeds way too expensive so people smoke small amounts and keep their tolerance low so anything that's a bit better is way better for the light tokers so they think their weed is good when it's just average or super weak for heavy smokers literally all day every day smokers that probably sleepwalk to smoke a joint or three at night
I have learned my lesson though papers are banned and I'm turning stingy as hell because I hate running out ......what was this thread about?

roybart

I remember smoking Durban Poison in Durban and Thai in Thailand. Big times in chilums. No cough and sweet nutty smoke.
Nothing smelled like diesal. Why would you want that. Lol

J-Icky

After many years of growing Ace Seeds varieties and some others that are not so commercial or "fan boy" popular, I have a rolling and growing list of herb that I just will not smoke or touch.

I live and travel (somewhat frequently) in close enough proximity to WA, OR, CO, CA. I have tried all of the "fire" strains imaginable. Just about every one that has a dedicated "sticky" in this forum and they are all blah! Junk! If I see any of the following in the name, or any combination of them, I move on:

OG
Sour
Mint
Cookie
Kush
Diesel
Wreck
Glue
Gorilla
Sugar
White
AK
Widow
Matanuska
NL
Bubba

I could probably think of a few more...... All bland and boring. If they boast about or are pushed for their "high thc %", I move on. Most are poorly selected for odor/scent and some worthless THC number.

True NL was lost a long time ago. Matanuska was never a particular plant or seed run from two specific parents.

The commercial market has absolutely ruined cannabis. Much better effects and variety.

I saw the list of stickies in this forum and remembered why I rarely stop in here.

The truly sad part is that list is basically just a few strains mixed and mashed and renamed.

therevverend

Veteran
Not putting Ace down, they have quite a bit of nice stuff but I feel the same way about their strains. I've tried a good sampling over the years and there really isn't much that stands out and blows me away. It surprises me how some people get so into it. Not that their stuff is bad, it's nice but it gets boring. The effects can be one dimensional. Few of their strains have good body effects or really interesting unique smells. I'll smoke a bowl and 15 minutes later I'll be loading something tastier and stronger because I don't feel baked. There are exceptions, sometimes I'll find an interesting phenotype or something that surprises me.

Red October

I'll smoke a bowl and 15 minutes later I'll be loading something tastier and stronger because I don't feel baked. There are exceptions, sometimes I'll find an interesting phenotype or something that surprises me.
This makes me very sad to hear, I'm not too concerned about taste but I was under the impression his strains were supposed to get you high even if you abused them.

G

growhigh1233

i usually categorize all indica together under 'groggy' ................. groggy as in that indica body stone and monged out feeling where thoughts are dimmed and energy is stolen ........with almost a hangover'esk feeling after the high .....like a groggy thick headedness

i get thaqt from all the kush lines ect

blueberry and nl dont give me the grogginess tho...............prob owing to the sativa in their backgrounds

soo i can kinda relate

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ace has Fems and autos...

Once again it all boils down to how it's grown. Properly grown cannabis is very rare these days.

bushed

This makes me very sad to hear, I'm not too concerned about taste but I was under the impression his strains were supposed to get you high even if you abused them.

I wouldn't take to much notice of a single persons opinion on the internet. We all use cannabis for different reasons, some to open our minds others to forget, some to relax some to motivate, to expand thought, increase appetite, decrease pain.

Growing ability also makes a big difference, I used to grow in Coco in door in small pots, hybrids came out pretty good, better than most commercial. Golden tiger took forever and came out weak. Years later when I got into my own place I put a golden tiger outside, it was out of this world stronger than anything else in a narcotic day to day sense and very trippy to casual smokers.

I also think that kush, gorilla ect are enjoyable smokes for the most part. What I'm saying in my long winded way is try lots of experiences find what's best for your brain and take others opinions as they come.

Red October

I wouldn't take to much notice of a single persons opinion on the internet. We all use cannabis for different reasons, some to open our minds others to forget, some to relax some to motivate, to expand thought, increase appetite, decrease pain.

Growing ability also makes a big difference, I used to grow in Coco in door in small pots, hybrids came out pretty good, better than most commercial. Golden tiger took forever and came out weak. Years later when I got into my own place I put a golden tiger outside, it was out of this world stronger than anything else in a narcotic day to day sense and very trippy to casual smokers.

I also think that kush, gorilla ect are enjoyable smokes for the most part. What I'm saying in my long winded way is try lots of experiences find what's best for your brain and take others opinions as they come.
I hear you man also with the golden tiger as far as I can understand have been 3 different different generations, I'm hoping good lies within the thai varieties for me. things are very bleak in my country as we have allowed for the sale of CBD products about 2 years ago and I think all of the commercial growers jumped onto the bandwagon and just started pollen chucking without realising high CBD strains just increase your resistance overall, I can't remember the last time I felt truly high or even stoned, just brief interludes when I get new stuff in.

I think I have a good selection for this upcoming year but it's also stuff I have never tried so I have to rely on what I read from everyone. It's a long list I might have to do them over the next 2 years:biggrin: The SAS is real

Just an edit from my previous statement, in reality I am not looking for stuff that will be so strong that it will incapacitate me from working, I work for myself and I have to avoid couchlock strains or I will never get anything done. The stuff we get here literally lasts about 30-40 min max if you don't abuse it and have a huge rotation of strains to choose from, which we luckily do but I could also be missing what these guys are doing and maybe they are smart enough to sell us stuff that just makes you consume more of it the whole time, just equals a higher sales volume.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

OG
Sour
Mint
Cookie
Kush
Diesel
Wreck
Glue
Gorilla
Sugar
White
AK
Widow
Matanuska
NL
Bubba

To be honest you are acting like a fanboy too. Like an Ace groupie :biggrin:

But I have the same opinion on the commercial varieties. They are all boring and the effect lasts only 30min then it begins to fade off. And with tolerence won't get better.

May be you should post this thread in the Ace forum if you want a constructive discussion, as they are using some of the plants you have listed.

It's known I guess, that few decades of incest and selecting for the same traits all the time, hasen't done the things really better. For Instagram may be yes, for the dealers too, but not for everything.

G13Fan

What a negative low vibration thread. One of the lowest vibe posts I have ever seen on the internet. You really got problems dude. You MUST be a miserable person to be around. Im going to go try to salvage my morning and wipe out your negative influence. What a shit thread there are way better ways to present that information/opinion.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a negative low vibration thread. One of the lowest vibe posts I have ever seen on the internet. You really got problems dude. You MUST be a miserable person to be around. Im going to go try to salvage my morning and wipe out your negative influence. What a shit thread there are way better ways to present that information/opinion.

I have to agree. This is basically just saying, I hate allll of these. So, if you like them were not on the same page. Like we give a shit. You dont like ogs? Sours? Bubba and NL? What the fuck? They all set the world on fire for a reason man! They are dank smoke! If you dont like them, good for you. Thanks for letting us all know you love Ace sativa lines. :thank you:

JohnnyChicago

I have tried all of the "fire" strains imaginable. Just about every one that has a dedicated "sticky" in this forum and they are all blah!

You dont like ogs? Sours? Bubba and NL? What the fuck? They all set the world on fire for a reason man!

Do you really think the GG's, Cookies and co do merit more to be sticked on the top of a "marijuana Strains and Breeding" forum section than Haze, Skunk or NL?

Good for if you like and enjoy growing, smoking and breeding (with) Cookies and GG :biggrin: That stuff is easy to find nowadays.

Latest posts

Latest posts