What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAC 1 (Caps Cut)

thailer

Have this cut under the dome. If she roots, we'll see what she is all about. :respect:

I've heard she grows very slow. Likes small containers and staying on the drier side. Any information on yield and stretch?

dank.Frank

i'm on my third round of her. when i first got her i thought she was a slow grower. she went in behind my other plants by 3 weeks or so, held back from a slow veg. the yield was poor that round.

second round was during a summer heat wave and i ended up overwatering because the other plants wanted more. she didn't get the wet dry cycle that she did the round before and i think she appreciated that most of the round she had perfect moisture. yield was double this time.

the third round i started using the SIPs. before this she was a super slow veg but i put her in a SIP with clones taken at the same time but were almost twice the size. well, she loves that SIP and not only did she catch up but she went in with everyone this round and is doing fantastic.

so i think she likes to have it not too wet and not too dry. like goldilocks.

She is tempermental about environment and seems to appreciate more humidity than most plant. she will taco and her leafs have split and cracked the second round. i gave her to a friend who has grown twice as long as i have. he runs blumats and the growth is good for him but in his room she has done the opposite and clawed. She is very expressive depending on your room and what fertilizers you grow with.

the guy i got it from does coco/salts and he has grown it for a long time. it is good but different in smell and flavor. he told me to take her till 12 weeks. his buds smelled like thanksgiving stuffing with sage and green herbs, creamy pepper gravy. well when i harvested her first round, she smelled like green baby poop. its similar to his but the smell is just dank. i walked in the room and thought the cat shit in there or something but it wasn't exactly poop smell. but that was my inital reaction until i realized its the mac1. after two months in the jar, i opened it one day and it smelled different. it smelled fermented sour even better dank funk. its amazing. every person who opens the jar for a whiff takes their head away quick from a nose bite. then they go back for another whiff.

if you just grew a clone and didn't do much and put her in bloom, she would grow one tall cola and all the lowers would stretch a little. i think she will work well for a SOG. if someone wasn't doing a SOG then i would create as many tops as possible so each top forms the dense colas.

round one pics
picture.php

picture.php

round 2 pics
picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very helpful. Thank you! She's a looker from what I've seen and an interesting genetic mix.

Glad to know she runs 12 wk. That's not an issue. Current Cobalt Haze runs 12kwk and really prefers a single cola pattern. I can run 18-32 in SOG depending. Glad to know she fits the bill. I'm looking for such plants.

:tiphat:

dank.Frank

tokinblackguy

I hold little value to THC percentages though. Some low 20’s cuts wreck me harder then some 30’s.

:thank you::thank you::thank you::thank you:

This statement from MtnLivin should be stickied across every weed related site/social media avenue there is. Fuckin gold, I knew I wasn't loco. The race to high THC numbers have led to cannabis with no character and dull, nothing special highs.

Rant over and this in no way is a bash on the strain of topic, I have yet to try it myself.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've gotten some great PM's about running MAC1 and getting her to perform. I'll detail those finer points when I run her. I've got good friends telling both things. Some say she is great and others literally call it Meh1.

This is one I'm be glad to be formulating my own opinion on. She's too much of a looker not to chase down. Mad props for the hook up. :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I've gotten some great PM's about running MAC1 and getting her to perform. I'll detail those finer points when I run her. I've got good friends telling both things. Some say she is great and others literally call it Meh1.

This is one I'll be glad to formulating my own opinion on. She's too much of a looker not to chase down. Mad props for the hook up. :respect:

dank.Frank

I finally got to try her last night. She does not disappoint. God I hope I find some seeds in this bag. This is the best I’ve smoked in a very long time. Dense frosty dank.

Attachments

• 01F1C536-CB7A-438E-934E-8D4446E839A4.jpg
    01F1C536-CB7A-438E-934E-8D4446E839A4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 68

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better read up on the MAC1. Cap says she doesn't make seeds. The ones she does make produce useless runty plants that won't grow right. I've seen several pictures of people on instagram who have show this to be the case when they tried to dust her.

In fact, GreenPoint is catching a LOT of flack - again - for selling MAC1 x Stardawg seeds, because Cap says they are a rip-off and will likely not produce a single viable plant.

So, if you find a seed - good luck - but it's not very likely. Regardless, those are some fire looking nugs! I'm eager to get a round of her in. She vegs mad slow though so, there is that too.

I'm starting to catch up. :joint:

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Better read up on the MAC1. Cap says she doesn't make seeds. The ones she does make produce useless runty plants that won't grow right. I've seen several pictures of people on instagram who have show this to be the case when they tried to dust her.

In fact, GreenPoint is catching a LOT of flack - again - for selling MAC1 x Stardawg seeds, because Cap says they are a rip-off and will likely not produce a single viable plant.

So, if you find a seed - good luck - but it's not very likely. Regardless, those are some fire looking nugs! I'm eager to get a round of her in. She vegs mad slow though so, there is that too.

I'm starting to catch up. :joint:

dank.Frank

I’ve heard the same as you with her not taking seed . My guy calls me up like hey can you work for me I’m like idk. He’s like come on work for me and I give some of this mac. Now my guy don’t grow but he knows his trees. So I’m like wait what, send me a pic and as soon as he does I know it’s her there is not mistaking this herb. So needless to say I’m working as we speak also it’s the most expensive pot I’ve bought in 10 years but well worth it. I have not been in the scene for a long time and I don’t believe anything anyone says when I grab a bag. So this is the first time in 6 years I’ve had something truly worth smoking. It’s epic if you have this cut brother. I truly hope you do something special with it because now I must have this lol. The high is great clear Euphoric happy but you know your stoned great day time smoke for sure. Not the pure power like Og or chem when you hit it and feel it ASAP behind your eyes and start to nod out but some really special bud.

thailer

the mac is supposed to be given for free. its the rule. how many hours is he wanting you to work?

the calyxs are super tiny. you'll see on her buds when you grow her. she is true giggle pot. i can not stop smiling when i smoke her. gave some to a grumpy gus and didn't mention it. she's much nicer the past week.

i've heard the meh1 remark and i think that it is a difficult plant to grow and so results can vary.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm no hoarder.

I was literally told I could whore her out but that it would be difficult to accomplish because she grows so slow.

Challenge accepted. F.U.C.K.E.M.

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I'm no hoarder.

I was literally told I could whore her out but that it would be difficult to accomplish because she grows so slow.

dank.Frank

I know your not my friend . Nor am I ;)

thailer the cut is to be given freely to the heads you are correct broski. The buds on the other hand lol. I bought the trees and he’s paying me enough that it was well worth it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm starting to catch up.

dank.Frank

May be some truth to this , i'm testing a Mac cross and she's been an oddball in structure from day #1 ...no branching at all .. ???
picture.php
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for posting that Star. I'm only repeating the known information that circulates. She's got roots and only just starting to green up here, so I'm far from an authority on her...yet. ;)

Looks like it could make one MASSIVE cola. Carolina Blue used to grow like that. Made her very hard to keep around. She'd auto flower too, so that didn't help either.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I sure have a lot of Spec Ops x MAC hermi x Maui Skunkdog Hot Rod

Seems her sister wanted balls
picture.php

picture.php

quite a few paid the price like this Skunkdog hot rod
picture.php

picture.php

jonesaa

MAC1 x

MAC1 x

I'm growing a MAC1 x Stardawg, GPS offering... Out of 5 seeds, 4 sprouted. One died about a month after cracking, came out with 1 tall male (single cola, very green thin shiny leaves), 1 short male with soft velvet leaves, and crazy branching... and one female that topped itself during early seedling stage. All plants exhibited mutant growth for the first month of life... and then after that the males began to take off... early preflowers developed on males that looked almost female with a single white hair coming out of them. All males were sterile and did not produce any pollen.

The lone female that I have here is now very branchy after re-vegging the plant... fan leaves turn yellow to blood red to almost black when fade occurs (observed this during first bloom)... Stem rub on the mother plant I have here has a lime 7up/ripe mango odor... the buds from first bloom, looked on the smaller, densely packed side, pistils were short and thicker, buds had a very mixed odor pallet... candied tangerines, gala apples and pepper smell... didn't get any chemical smells at all... maybe when this thing gets to full term then I will know for sure how it smells/tastes and effects...

Right now after neglecting this plant for the last 7-8 months, it's the current star in the garden.

Oh... Growth this round is steady, but the plant grows very strangely... very nice plant to observe while growing out...

Plant is very branchy and bushy... it's about a 1' wide and 10" tall... Green stems at the bottom, very red/maroon stems at the top...

picture.php

thats all for now... jonesy