What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Me Tell My Dog Goodbye

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Had to put my Mastiff down today. She turned 10 the first of the month which is something in itself. Their life span is 8 to 10 years.
We found that she had cancer and nothing short of a radical surgery that would have taken 1/2 her face off would have saved her and that would have been a huge challenge for her and us. The vet recommended putting her down due to her age and the condition surgery would have left her in..
She's been a great girl throughout her life. Provided many great loving moments, comfort when she sensed something was wrong, and one hell of an early warning when she heard something. She's run many people off and totally scared the shit out of others. After all, seeing a 200lb black and apricot brindle behemoth hauling ass while focused on YOU and barking like a freight train is enough to unnerve most anyone. You could tell she meant it and even enjoyed it a bit, lol Damn that big girl was quick and could move.
So goodbye my girl. We loved you as much as you loved us. You're with your sister now and I pray you're running, barking, getting the 23 hours of sleep you loved, lol, and have someone on your side that is sneaking you those crunchy bones you loved. If you run into my son while there he's good people and will watch out for ya. Damn, now I'm crying like a baby.

You'll be missed and never forgotten big girl.
These are her baby pics

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, that is a tough one. The cost of our love and companionship with our four-legged buddies is that their lives are far too short.

She'll be waiting at the bridge......

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Sorry to hear.

I've got a large breed dog around 7-8 years now and it's going to tear me to pieces to make the decision that you had to make.

Do you have any other dogs? I've got a younger pup (around 2yr) that is best friends with my old girl and I'm not sure how he's going to handle it when our home ultimately becomes a 1 dog household. Until we bring another in of course.

Sorry for your loss. Lets the tears flow my man...I know I certainly will be when I've got to put my girl down.

BlackBuds

My Condolences RR. I just had to put down a 16 year old Shiba inu, I know how ya feel.
It didnt take the wife long before she found a rescue so I'm back to puppy training a 1 year old Catahoula.

Green Squall

She looks like such a happy ham! The main thing to remember is that you gave her the best life a dog can have. And for that, I'm sure she is grateful.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
been there .. think of the good times and the fact you weren't like some making your loved one suffer..you did the right thing as hard as it was....no y----w on this one...peace

DickAnubis

RR my heart goes out to you.
We live in a medium of time like fish in water.
Remember the swim, each moment of joy, the passing is but an instance,
the truth is the lifetime of love you gave.

DA

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm so sorry you lost your son and dog so soon, life isn't easy that's for sure, hopefully where ever we go is full of love and laughter. Take care rr, your a good man. Remember the good times.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Sorry for the loss ,i am taking care of two dogs that my brothernlaw left behind ,and have watched them greive for him ,there amazing gifts to. Us ,and we to them ,truly mans best friend ,its a tough one bro ,but they are all waiting for us each and every one,

bigherb

Veteran
I can relate in this exact situation this past october. My girl was 13 and you wouldn't think she was sick at all till her last few months , aside from the gray chin hair you might think she was a pup full of life full of energy .

I'm far from emotional this was the only thing that made me shed a tear since loosing my pop 16 years ago . I stayed with her till her last breath and treated her like a princess from the time I got her till than . Just try and remember all the happiness she brought and the love she gave

My heart an prayers go out to you brother

1luvbigherb

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Thank you guys so much. It's been a hard year.
I do appreciate the support and encouragement. It means a lot.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Couldn't read the first post or thread, just saw that it was you RR....

Sorry brother, may his passing be as easy as possible for you. Much love.....

Latest posts

Latest posts