What's new

Paranoia while selecting and preparing Guerrilla sites.

D.D.

Hello Everybody!

The name of this thread is "Paranoia while selecting and preparing Guerrilla sites."

I feel as if this is a very important topic in the sense that many growers are not only affected by paranoia, but their grows are severely hindered by the paranoia bug as well.

I grow guerrilla style, so this thread will be more geared towards the guerrilla grower, but everyone is welcome to participate in the discussion.

Since I opened the topic, I'll start off with my story.

Lately I have battling what seems to be unreasonable/irrational paranoia while locating and preparing guerrilla grow spot for next years grow.

This is hard to describe in writing, but I will try.

I have been all over the hills and mountains of Eastern Kentucky growing my own for the better part of 30 years now.
I feel at home on the hillsides and the mountain tops, and the farther away from civilization I am, the more at home I feel.

But lately, just over the last few months, I have started getting the feeling that I am being watched. The feelings seem to be unreasonable and irrational simply because of the distances that I travel and the terrain I transverse.

Lately I can literally be 5 miles away from any road or homes, way, way, out in other words... but I start feeling the presence of another human in my location. It feels like someone is watching me. Again irrational, and highly unlikely, but the feeling of another's presence is all too real.

It's not animal presence... I have encountered every species native to this area, and upon occasion, a few non-native species. The feeling of an animal's presence is a very different feeling, and each different animal sends out a different "vibe" if you know what I mean.

The feeling I describe is the feeling you get when someone is looking over your shoulder as you work. Nothing scary, just someone else's presence...Until I realize that there is absolutely no sign that there has been any human activity in the location for 30 to 40 years or more. Still it's not a scary feeling...spooky, but not scary.

Has anyone else experienced the feeling of unexplained human presence as I describe?
If so, does it have any influence on your grow, or do you just shake it off as paranoia?

supermanlives

Veteran
i was always slightly paranoid. i also believe in following your gut instinct. bring binoculars next time and go stealth more. i used to go full camo once entering the bush. no bare skin. got real close to quite a few folks without them even knowing

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Guerrilla grow is thought...

My last huge problem:
I had found a nice spot, near a very small river.
So water access was easy. When watering I just filled the bottles in it and walk to a small bridge to the plants.
So last time a go there and BAM.
Someone had stolen the fucking bridge :X
I was like WTF...

There are just 101 problems that can occur while doing guerrilla...

Wish you all good luck for this season :tiphat:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DD are you smoking weed while/before you do the prep??

if so i would not do that any more.

I

Iron_Lion

maybe there is a big foot near by, or a maybe someone has been buried near by and you are being stalked by their unrestful spirit :dunno:

moondawg

Ha! good advice verdantGreen!

DD, take a cheap pocket knife or a money clip with 3-4$ in it and throw it down around the holes or on the trail your using or where you think someone miight be. I can hear the yahoo's now: "This is cold brewski money dude!" They wont leave it lay, theyll take it and youll know if youve had visitors. If its gone when you get back, move along.

I always take a look around before i get to work. Ginseng hunters are everywhere. Blackberries are ripe now, coon hunters and pretty soon, hickory nuts and walnuts will be ready. They all attract unwanted visitors.

if youre rreally worried, walmart sells a decent game camera for 50$. Mount it in a tree so that it sees the whole area and when something moves in the view field, CLICK!

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
X Files "...just because you are paranoid dosn't mean that someone is not watching you..."

Paranoia is good for your survival.

But, as others have said, next time you have that feeling, take a seat and wait until it goes away or you see someone. :)

WelderDan

Veteran
Ever think that maybe you aren't the only one to think "hey, now that looks like a good place to grow some weed"?

There's probably another paranoid guerrilla grower wandering around the same area getting the same vibe as you.

Z

Z-ro

the fear of the unknown. the reason the legend of big foot exists. lurking in the deep woods can be creepy, i also sometimes get the feeling im being watched and i dont even guerilla grow, yet.

youre never as far out as you think, if youve been there on foot, so has someone else.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Advice from another grower "It's not paranoia if they're actually out to get you."

MJBadger

Veteran
D.D either you are paranoid & you realise it or you have sussed i`m on your tail out in the wilds . Don`t worry about it until pics of your grow appear online & those pics are not one`s you have taken . Once all your plots are located the bug will be removed .
No reason for you to get paranoid .

D.D.

Hi everyone!

Lots of good ideas and advice here.

supermanlives, binoculars would be a go, but the full camo (as much as I'd like to) is just too hot in this weather and it's just too difficult to carry in. I walk at least a mile starting at 4:00 to 4:30 am before I even get on track to a grow spot. I'm out all night long some times working only by the light of a bright moon. Funny thing is I mainly only sense another human presence during early morning, between sunrise and noon.

g0vnaa, I'm thinking a wood and rope "swinging bridge" like we have in my parts. If someone went to the trouble of stealing a simple wood and rope bridge, I'd turn away from that location and never go back.
Of course it if it were a metal bridge.. I'd probably just assume a thief stole it to sell for scrap.. still I wouldn't want to be seen in the location for a long while.

VerdantGreen & Robert Fortune, I don't smoke in the field, occasionally before hand to deal with pain, but mostly over the counter pain meds. Not like they really work, they only knock the edge off the pain enough to get me going. Don't care to smoke up after working my spot after I'm far away from them. I carry and use only over the counter pain meds when working my grow.
Robert, I'll be hearing those helicopters way too soon (in about 2 weeks).

That is some very good advice you give tho...
Don't smoke before or while your working at your grow spot.

moondawg, That is some excellent advice. People will not hesitate to pick up anything of value, especially when it looks like it's been lost. Been using that trick for years... trouble is, nobody has grabbed the bait...
If it's LEO, he might just leave it lay though... I just got an idea for some special irresistible bait to try on him.

You have to stay on high alert for people in the wild, the berry pickers generally make noise, same as people gathering nuts, hunting for dry land fish, etc... I can see the ginseng hunters being a little more stealth about their hobby, and a good hunter is difficult to spot... then again, lots of hunters leave stuff behind.
The hand full of places that I've located for next year looks nearly pristine. No sign of human activity for at least 20 years minimum.
I think I'll invest in a few more cameras (with memory cards).

Bacchus, that is true.
I do have a seat and wait it out.
If anyoNE is out there they are just as patient and stubborn as I am.

Mr Jay, They actually are out to get us. Especially in Kentucky this year.

I see some more interesting replies, be right back...

D.D.

You know, it the idea of unrestful spirits have crossed my mind, and I would be very disturbed if I were to ever find out one my grows had desecrated some sacred ground.
maybe there is a big foot near by, or a maybe someone has been buried near by and you are being stalked by their unrestful spirit :dunno:
The idea of a Bigfoot has crossed my mind a few times, simply because I have never encountered one. I suppose one might give out similar vibes as another human presence. We hear a few stories around these parts, but hardly anyone gives them a second thought.
I don't think I have a Bigfoot watching me though, never really crosses my mind.

There is a legend of a large almost human like critter, harry, almost no shoulders and short arms, like a kangaroo, but with a mans lower body.

But I speak of the distinct and intense feeling of another human presence.

the fear of the unknown. the reason the legend of big foot exists. lurking in the deep woods can be creepy, i also sometimes get the feeling im being watched and i dont even guerilla grow, yet.

youre never as far out as you think, if youve been there on foot, so has someone else.

Ever think that maybe you aren't the only one to think "hey, now that looks like a good place to grow some weed"?

There's probably another paranoid guerrilla grower wandering around the same area getting the same vibe as you.

D.D either you are paranoid & you realise it or you have sussed i`m on your tail out in the wilds . Don`t worry about it until pics of your grow appear online & those pics are not one`s you have taken . Once all your plots are located the bug will be removed .
No reason for you to get paranoid .

I either have a slight case of paranoia, a guerrilla brother or sister nearby, or it's possible that some kind of spiritual activity is going on... worst case is a very skilled LEO, but I have never encountered a LEO who doesn't make a highway through the brush.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
I grew guerrilla style for the first time last summer here in the southern hemisphere...1 NYCD, 1 Power Kush, 1 Mazar x Super Skunk and 1 unidentified strain...all I can say is:

- Think of a place and make sure you grow where no one will go, or will never think of going. And it has to be a well hidden place. This seems obvious, but sometimes it isn't. Once I put a plant in a very ridiculous place and, of course, it got killed but some guy.

- If it doesn' rain too much in your area, you'll need to water the plants almost everyday, (I carried 20 liters of water in bottles 3 times a week during December and January, and when I didn't do that -only once-, they looked like they were going to die. This went on till heavy rain came in February and March and I didn't need to carry bottles anymore, till I cut them).

- In my case, trying to feed them was useless. All in all, I got 5 jars out of the NYCD (2, 50 mts tall), 7 out of the unknown strain (2,50mts tall), 1 out of the Power Kush(90cm tall), and 1 out of the Mazar x Super Skunk (1 mt tall).

- The NYCD is too prone to mold on guerrilla places. I lost at least 15 grs because of this. (I had to cut the biggest buds)

eyes

Veteran
i think your biggest threat would be sattelite imagery or the elusive drones there flying. i mean people are still getting away with it so thats a plus. 30 years is a long time. hats off to ya. thats a winning streak right there.

Latest posts

Latest posts