What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Girls in short pants with what appears to be water pistols, dangerous! I originally typed pistols as pistils, strange what growing does to you.

G

Guest 26753

Here's some pics from the "Twisted Forest" in Murramurang national Park. The tress are spotted gums but because they are so close to the sea, they are stunted and misformed by salt and strong on-shore winds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh my but this looks like a ..... lol
picture.php

And some pics taken in my garden in Canberra. The raven comes down regularly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is my garden - my sanctuary.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Craven_au

Smoking Moose Love the twisted gums they look out of this world never seen them b4 thank u.

I hate to do this man. Australia don't have native monkeys. Aussie flora and fauna...

Craven_au

Tony the Parrot

Tony the Parrot

:peacock:I think that's a parrot of some kind darwin looks like its in pain i think it's best if we put it down.:laughing:

I know i'm in pain thanks 4 sharing darwin:puke:

Abbott galah-Eolophus Roseicapilla :D
ipohpinkbird.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey smoking moose , thanks for your pics of the twisted forest ,, amazing gnarly trees , love your garden too ....

darwin ,, thats a nice spot the old wilsons prom , cool granite rocks ..

hi ahortator , yes a few aussie icon aminals h avent been shown as yet ,, im sure we will get them up eventually

heres some shots from my good friend abby normal , great fella and takes the best shots , im sure he would be adding these if h e were here so ill put them up for him ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
told you guys abby takes a good shot , that frog one is just so clear ... heres a few more from our good friend ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ol'skool

Hi All, Another Aussie here.

What a great thread you guys have got going here but i feel our most important Fauna is missing.

Remember this Trifecta.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm sure you all do....lol

G

Guest 26753

And who could forget the ubiquitous Australian Magpie! The first pic says it all, and the second shows my affinity with this critter lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 26753

Best thing about feeding Magpies is that they will never swoop you once they get to know you. I have between 50 to 100 Magpies coming down for feeding, and being the softy that I am , they get pet mince to supplement their diet which helps them through the tough Canberra winters, and increases the survival rate of juveniles.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe just be careful, if they begin to rely on you too much especially if it's a learned thing over generations, they won't do as well in the wild should their food supply from you stop. :D how long did it take you to get them to be so friendly mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.