Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > -26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Thread Title Search
-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 12:29 PM #1
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor
-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Those are the actual temps without wind chill factored in. Even though my log home was built in the 60s I still occasionally hear a log 'POP' from the extreme cold. In the winter of '96 we had an actual -60 before any wind chill factoring, so cold you cannot draw a normal breath of air in as your esophagus snaps shut (involuntary reflex) when you try. You must breath through a gloved hand or a stout type of face mask when outside in those temps. Pets must be watched while going outside & not left alone at all.

Car batteries are dead unless you keep them on a charger (like mine tonight) and reluctant to start from SLOW moving oil. I've been going outside to fire up my truck every 3 hours or so tonight to keep it warm as well, I'll be ice fishing in a few hours & don't want any surprises like a dead truck as I don't use the Expedition for ice fishing. I really ought to build a bigger garage for my rides.

Last edited by Stoner4Life; 01-25-2009 at 03:50 AM..
Stoner4Life is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 01-20-2008, 12:34 PM #2

Its a balmy 78 degrees f. I do not have a thermometer outdoors.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:41 PM #3
B4O2N0G

B4O2N0G is a jewel in the roughB4O2N0G is a jewel in the roughB4O2N0G is a jewel in the roughB4O2N0G is a jewel in the roughB4O2N0G is a jewel in the roughB4O2N0G is a jewel in the rough
Its 25 degrees but with the windchill its 16 degrees.Feels good inside though with a heater running and joint/bowl burning.Glad im not in those type of temps.Peace
B4O2N0G is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2008, 12:53 PM #4
Dr Dog
Sharks have a week dedicated to me

Dr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud of
was like -20 c here last night, but I have seen temps with the windchill included near -80

Medicinal Marijuana Advocate
Dr Dog is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:18 PM #5
kmk420kali
Freedom Fighter

kmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant future
Getting chilly here in Cali-- I had to shut my window part-way last night--

My GH at the pad-- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post4996785
kmk420kali is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:40 PM #6
supersonic
sui generis

supersonic will become famous soon enoughsupersonic will become famous soon enough
Strange temperatures we have. through the day it was up to +15C but normal temperatures in january for this area are below zero, up to -30C... some spring flowers are coming out, 2 months to early... I'm afraid that spring will be shitty...

ss
supersonic is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM #7
perakko

same here, usually around january it's like -20C but now it's been solid +0C for weeks...

shitty, shitty weather.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:46 PM #8
nycdfan042
Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!

nycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to allnycdfan042 is a name known to all
a cool 66º out right now! wow.... what a winter!
SUBY : Our thoughts and prayers are with you brother!

RIP ELEMENTAL * I WONT FORGET YOU!
nycdfan042 is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 PM #9
razer
what can I say

razer will become famous soon enoughrazer will become famous soon enough
here in ny: Intermittent clouds Hi: 26F (-3C)/Low: na RealFeel: 16F (-8C)/na Wind: WNW, 12mph Rain: 0.00in Snow: 0.0in Ice: 0.00in UV Index: 2

Tonight: Mostly clear Hi: na/Low: 14F (-10C) RealFeel: na/-10F (-23C) Wind: W, 22mph Rain: 0.00in Snow: 0.0in Ice: 0.00in UV Index: 0
razer is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 PM #10
abirdintheair
Buteo Jamaicensis

abirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud ofabirdintheair has much to be proud of
only time i saw the news yesterday it was like -6 with -20ish wind chills, i havent seen any fungus gnats in the last three days.

currently testing: White Larry x Amber Cookies
soon to be tested: Sweet Mints
abirdintheair is offline Quote