What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Ended Ballast On A Flip?

THCA

Hey Gang,

Feels good to finally sign up and start asking questions and contributing. I have been a long time reader but this will be my first time posting on any forum ever so bare with me. My question is can you put a double ended remote ballast on a flipbox or a flip/flop system to use one ballast for two lights? I have searched Google a ton and cannot find much info this. The reason I ask is because the website I am potentially buying my ballasts from says...

"Do Not use any ballasts with flip boxes, these cause power leakage into the ballast that will cause them to fail"

The thing is they say this for all of thier ballasts even the regular single end HID digital ballasts, which I have used on a flip/flop system for years now with no problems. I have attached a link to the website of the ballast kit I am hopefully going to buy below

https://www.growlights.ca/growlights/grow-light-kits/1000-watt-double-ended-de-kits/1000-watt-double-ended-de-open-mini-hood-reflector-kit.html

Any information before I spend thousands of dollars on ballasts that could potentially not work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

hvac guy

I have built several flip boxes using DE bulbs/shades, flip box works fine, ensure you power off the ballast(s) for at least a minute before you flip the light(s) in the rooms.

eebbnflow

I have built several flip boxes using DE bulbs/shades, flip box works fine, ensure you power off the ballast(s) for at least a minute before you flip the light(s) in the rooms.

This guy made me a panel and it is great , nice and clean . With the digital timer added you can do just what you need . OFF FOR 1 min then back on .

THCA

De on a flip

De on a flip

Thanks guys that's all I needed to hear. I kinda of figured this but I thought i would get some real world advise before i take the plunge

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts