Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Overfeeding in organic living soil

Thread Title Search
Overfeeding in organic living soil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2018, 07:03 PM #1
Cvh

Cvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud of
Overfeeding in organic living soil

Hi guys,

Currently I'm doing my first organic run in living soil with the Biobizz nutrient line and added batguano's, bacto's, funghi and several other amendments. Previously I grew chem for years in coco.
Everything is fine for the moment and the plant is doing excellent.

But I do need your experience/opinion about overfeeding with organics.

I understand the soil food web and how it works. I have the books True Living Organics by the Rev and The teaming with series.

What I personally understand is that it's nearly impossible to overfeed in Living Soil. You don't feed the plant directly but rather the living organisms in the soil which in turn feed the plant.
What I belief so far is that any organic fertilizer that was added to much will be buffered in the soil and left there as reserve for the soil life.

What's your opinion/experience? Have you ever burned your plant as you would see with chem nutes?

Thanks.

Last edited by Cvh; 04-29-2018 at 10:30 AM..
Cvh is online now Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 07:32 PM #2
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
Yes you can overdo it with the organic ferts but it is harder to do. Some plant types (Sativa) are more sensitive to ferts, but Indica will take more food and love it.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:01 AM #3
Cvh

Cvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud of
Thanks Bombaycat for sharing your experience.

Anybody else want to comment? Feel free to give your opinion.
Cvh is online now Quote

Old 04-29-2018, 01:24 AM #4
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
I've used biobizz and I doubt you'll burn your plants with it but you might be using more ferts than you need.
I've not seen any signs of burning with Biobizz or GO's line.
when I used those ferts all the way through a run I would dump the soil in my garden and start with more Happy frog the next run.

now I'm using Coot's style soil and feeding ACT every watering and I get similar quality but reuse the mixture.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:42 AM #5
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
organic feed in ionic form makes your grow transitional which is a fine method but counter intuitive to los methodology and makes for a ton of over kill at a minimum in this scenario

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:37 AM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator.

The organic method relies on the "passive ionic uptake" pathway for nutrient absorption. Cannabis enjoys additional pathways of uptake, which tend to draw in unwanted and unconvertible elements. These actions makes it a great plant for "phytoremediation" which is the process of using plants to pull toxins out of soil.

These unwanted and completely un-necessary elements absorbed by cannabis will not flush or fade out. Period. They are fixed to new plant tissue and will be present at harvest day and beyond.

Your goal is to provide a nutrient availability which does not exceed what the plant needs. Cannabis can and will absorb what it doesn't need, so keep it out of the root zone.
Save
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:54 AM #7
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Dude...you need to do some tissue testing before you spout this shit. You are not even close to correct...lotta big words that don’t mean shit though, I give you that

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:28 AM #8
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nice
just cuz its organic- you can still burn em, destroy em if over using products, mixing yer own wit manure, teas.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:44 AM #9
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Dude...you need to do some tissue testing before you spout this shit. You are not even close to correct...lotta big words that don’t mean shit though, I give you that
Plenty of tissue tests in phytoremediation studies. Does cannabis uptake and retain heavy metals it has no need for? Yep. Does cannabis uptake and retain elements it has no need for? Yep. Cannabis is a hog, and in my experience it's best to severely limit what's available in the root zone. It creates significantly higher quality. Have you educated yourself on what a hyper/dynamic accumulator plant is? Might want to do that first. I know this is a very hot topic for some, it's old and boring for me though.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:34 AM #10
Stonier Jump

Stonier Jump is on a distinguished road
If cannabis is a hog why would I want to severely limit what is in the root zone? Wouldn't adequate amounts of the proper elements feed this hog better and get her fatter?
Stonier Jump is offline Quote