What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi mexcurandero420,

The flowering time stated in the official description of this lebanese release is correct, at least for the dozens of P2 and P3 females we have grown indoors and outdoors.

Maybe you are growing another lebanese line, or a lebanese adapted to northern climates like danish leb27. If your lebanese starts to flower so late at your latitude maybe the cold force them to finish earlier, hence the shorter flowering times you have experienced, but as i commented previously, different lines in different growing conditions will react differently.

I've grown 3 kind of Lebanese varieties.Leb27 from Denmark, Lebanese from RSC and a Lebanese collected in 1980 by a mariner who was stationed in Lebanon and the seeds were given to a grower from who i got some seeds.Leb27 started to flower earlier, but the other 2 Lebanese started to flower at the beginning of September and not earlier at 50 N.If a cold force will force the plants to a shorter flowering period, should be shown when grown inside.Haven't grown them inside yet.

Zitz

I've grown 3 kind of Lebanese varieties.Leb27 from Denmark, Lebanese from RSC and a Lebanese collected in 1980 by a mariner who was stationed in Lebanon and the seeds were given to a grower from who i got some seeds.Leb27 started to flower earlier, but the other 2 Lebanese started to flower at the beginning of September and not earlier at 50 N.If a cold force will force the plants to a shorter flowering period, should be shown when grown inside.Haven't grown them inside yet.

The Bluehemp Leb would finish by mid oct above 50N and is stronger than leb27. No idea who has seeds these days though.
Most of the indoor grows of any Lebanese line looks like alot of hermies and not much potency.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, This thread has been surprisingly slow. I'm planting four Lebanese seeds in the morning. I will post pictures and updates often. This strain is far too special not to be recognized for the greatness it holds. My interest is in starting flowering earlier for some strains that push the 49 to 50 degrees north latitude to the max or beyond. For Northern growers the Lebanese on it's own or in crosses will be a huge benefit.

I wish you all a happy, safe and productive grow season. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

I'm also excited to see more people growing the new lebanese release :)
Usually it takes 1,2,3 years until we start to receive more frequent and broader feedback about our new releases. Eager to see your lebanese this season! ;)

Meanwhile, we are exploring the offspring from our most CBD rich lebanese parental plant (leb #35).

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Three of my four Lebanese are up and looking good. I'm still waiting on 6 or 7 seedlings to come up overall. Enjoy the weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all your wives. Peace

Slim Pickens

Veteran
This Lebanese has really captured my imagination.Since it has so recently been released,there are no grow reports available unfortunately.

I'd be really tempted to bite on a pack,but...finances. :(

The idea of paying with a credit card concerns me tho to be very honest...and no money order option limits the possible payment methods.Still,I am more than a little tempted to bite the bullet and take a chance.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Slim Pickens, I have been buying from Ace for several years. I have never had a single issue using credit card or debit card. A cell phone through a major company has better anti virus, malware Etc than most laptops do.
Don't miss out on these gems! Peace

OregonBorn

I have grown Lebanese Red here just below the 45th parallel with great success. I have two older landraces from different sources, both originating from the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. They both grow and bloom the same with two resulting phenos. Contrary to popular opinion and written information that they are indicas, these defiantly grow, bloom and smoke like sativas. They are high in CBD which varies some from plant to plant. Some have more potent highs with less CBD. They have light floral terpenes and they do not stink like many strains do. They are also very early finishing here outdoors. Early September and late September. These are no less cold hearty than other strains. The stems turn purple in cool night weather. Growing outdoors in the sun the leaf stems tend to turn red. The two phenos are a thinner leaf earlier blooming sativa pheno, and a larger/longer leaf later blooming 'indica' pheno. But I would not call it an indica. It is indica-ish. Both have similar highs and smells. They are also reported to be short plants in stature, but we got 10 foot plants in the greenhouses. Outdoors here in the ground they easily get above 8 feet tall. They bloom so early that I had no botrytis rot as they were harvested before the rains hit in October. They are easy plants to grow. They are as prone to spider mites as any Cannabis I have grown.

These are nothing like HASH plants. In Asia most hash was made from harsh plants whose buds are hard to smoke. Lebanese (landrace Bekaa Valley anyway) has light loose tops that smoke up great. No need to make hash from them at all. Traditionally they made hash from them because of the demand in Egypt, and that is what they typically do with marijuana in Asia. My plants and flowers looked exactly like they do in the Bekaa Valley YouTube videos. The sun leaves naturally fall off when the colas ripen. Some think that they trim these off in Lebanon. They do not. What they also do in Lebanon is not water them much later in flowering. So they tend to be more stunted and the fan and sun leaves fall off sooner. I believe that the early maturing phenos were/are harvested in Lebanon to make blonde hashish, and the later maturing phenos were/are harvested to make red hashish. The dates that I have been told when they harvest early and later in Lebanon match my ripening and harvesting times of my two phenos that occur here. In the PNW I am farther north than Lebanon in latitude by 10 degrees, but it does not seem to matter. This is not the potent couch lock typical indica, more of a sativa cerebral high. Day weed. It is also good for reducing pain.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Two of four Lebanese

Two of four Lebanese

Hello all, yes they are small and look like every other seedling. But these are going to turn into majestic, legendary plants. Fulfilling the wanderings of my mind for the past four decades.

These two are sharing a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. I have two others, they are in separate 35 gallon root pouch grow bags. The weather in North Dakota is slooowly getting warmer. The weatherman said 10 days of sunshine coming. THAT LIAR!!! It rained the next three days and the night temps dropped to the upper 30's f.

Today is at least sunny so the greenhouse is very comfortable for the girls. I have a small electric heater running at night for them. I will post up some pictures of the four plants as the season moves along. :tiphat: Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just got mine moved to a safe place, another storm!

Spring is never boring :laughing:

Leftmost two are Lebaneses:

picture.php

All these were sowed the same day. Impressed how tiny Lebanese or Ethiopian (center in the picture) were when popped as seedlings, gotta love how looks to be the most wild and ancient cannabis strains family...

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Lucky me :) I just ordered a pack. We are going back in time. Frigg this "back to the future" Chit. Looking fwd to producing red Lebanese, maybe a blonde as well, but mostly red :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, So happy you were able to get some of these jewels. I only have the four, but that's the most of any strain I've ever grown out at one time. It's so cool that a few people growing these out this season are running threads and posting pictures for others to see. Have a great grow my friend. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I'm all for nostalgia! I couldn't care less about name dropping the latest, greatest strain.
Quality speaks for itself, thanks Ace! I've never heard an old timer ask for what all the young kids are smoking. But there's generations of people wanting the old strains. Lebanese Mmmm!
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have grown Lebanese Red here just below the 45th parallel with great success. I have two older landraces from different sources, both originating from the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. They both grow and bloom the same with two resulting phenos. Contrary to popular opinion and written information that they are indicas, these defiantly grow, bloom and smoke like sativas. They are high in CBD which varies some from plant to plant. Some have more potent highs with less CBD. They have light floral terpenes and they do not stink like many strains do. They are also very early finishing here outdoors. Early September and late September. These are no less cold hearty than other strains. The stems turn purple in cool night weather. Growing outdoors in the sun the leaf stems tend to turn red. The two phenos are a thinner leaf earlier blooming sativa pheno, and a larger/longer leaf later blooming 'indica' pheno. But I would not call it an indica. It is indica-ish. Both have similar highs and smells. They are also reported to be short plants in stature, but we got 10 foot plants in the greenhouses. Outdoors here in the ground they easily get above 8 feet tall. They bloom so early that I had no botrytis rot as they were harvested before the rains hit in October. They are easy plants to grow. They are as prone to spider mites as any Cannabis I have grown.

These are nothing like HASH plants. In Asia most hash was made from harsh plants whose buds are hard to smoke. Lebanese (landrace Bekaa Valley anyway) has light loose tops that smoke up great. No need to make hash from them at all. Traditionally they made hash from them because of the demand in Egypt, and that is what they typically do with marijuana in Asia. My plants and flowers looked exactly like they do in the Bekaa Valley YouTube videos. The sun leaves naturally fall off when the colas ripen. Some think that they trim these off in Lebanon. They do not. What they also do in Lebanon is not water them much later in flowering. So they tend to be more stunted and the fan and sun leaves fall off sooner. I believe that the early maturing phenos were/are harvested in Lebanon to make blonde hashish, and the later maturing phenos were/are harvested to make red hashish. The dates that I have been told when they harvest early and later in Lebanon match my ripening and harvesting times of my two phenos that occur here. In the PNW I am farther north than Lebanon in latitude by 10 degrees, but it does not seem to matter. This is not the potent couch lock typical indica, more of a sativa cerebral high. Day weed. It is also good for reducing pain.

Welcome OregonBorn

You have described perfectly the traits and personality of original lebanese strains. Although they could start with wide leaf, and some phenos have a more indica kind of flowering structure, most of the lebanese plants look and flower like a sativa, finishing early, but pure sativa. Lebanese sativas are a trustable source for CBD. Their potency is usually not strong, but their psychoactivity is quite pleasant, well focused and kind.

Thanks for sharing your experience with lebanese cannabis. :yes:

OregonBorn

Welcome OregonBorn

You have described perfectly the traits and personality of original lebanese strains. Although they could start with wide leaf, and some phenos have a more indica kind of flowering structure, most of the lebanese plants look and flower like a sativa, finishing early, but pure sativa. Lebanese sativas are a trustable source for CBD. Their potency is usually not strong, but their psychoactivity is quite pleasant, well focused and kind.

Thanks for sharing your experience with lebanese cannabis. :yes:

Thanks for the kind feedback. Many would quote the books and say its an indica and you are wrong. IMO the potency is not that low, really. Its the fact that the CBD is quite high in these which lowers the THC psychoactive effect. But that makes for GREAT medicine. I had one bud that I harvested early last year and smoked, and I was in la la land. I was rushing hard and so zoned out that I had to smoke some CBD oil to come down. Which has me thinking that the earlier you harvest the more psychedelic it will be. At least in some plants. Maybe explains the difference between Lebanese blonde and red hashish. I always preferred the red myself back in the 1970s. Much debate about which was better, and how/why it was harvested. Also as your reports show, there is a wide range in results in these plants.

The phenos certainly vary from plant to plant. My brother had wider dinner plate size leaves on one of his, but the flowers were less dense and open like sativas. The genetics in these must be some complex combination. They have been growing this landrace in Lebanon for over 100 years now after the Greek hash industry was banned. It would be cool to know where the origins are. Either an earlier Lebanese strain that has been grown for millennia, or maybe a cross of Greek Kalamata Red and a Turkish hash plant? The red stems in Lebanese has me thinking Greek Kalamata in origin. Another sativa strain. Wish I could find some Kalamata beans to grow.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Pepe The Grower , very nice group of ladies you have there. Please post updates throughout this season. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Pepe :)

Glad you are giving a try to our lebanese this season!
Best wishes, please keep us updated with their progresses :yes:

ULMW

Pepe!! How much Hash you aim to make?? Joking aside lovely line up in the garden. Thanks for sharing. Happy growing!