Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Pit Bulls Maul and Kill Owner

Thread Title Search
Pit Bulls Maul and Kill Owner Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 PM #1
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Pit Bulls Maul and Kill Owner

I've always defended Pit Bulls, even after being bitten by one, but this story is making me wonder if maybe they really are inherently dangerous? I've always thought there are no bad dogs, just bad owners, so what caused these two dogs to kill the person who raised them from pups and eat parts of her corpse? From everything I've read, this poor woman treated her dogs like her children.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7fbc3e2f2d1a

This second link is is more detailed and graphic, so just a heads up.

https://wtvr.com/2017/12/19/longtime...-passive-dogs/
Green Squall is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 PM #2
CosmicGiggle

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Pit Bulls are often bred poorly or bred to a more dangerous breed.

Sad
CosmicGiggle is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:13 PM #3
Borderliner

Borderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud ofBorderliner has much to be proud of
spanky and our gang for those old enough to remember had a loving pit bull. My thinking is how they are raised makes more of a difference than breeding.

My neighbor has a pit bull that has killed coyotes and tore up other dogs in his yard. Very loving toward me and other.

Finished 9 sb
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298125

Malawi Zamaldelica grow with Amare SE 450
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338437

Malawi x Panama with Amare SE 450
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74099
Borderliner is online now Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 06:27 PM #4
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
I remember Petey.

Too bad about that woman. Sometimes people don’t realize that they are still animals and have inherent instincts. I’ve know some mean pits and also some very accommodating ones. Unfortunately the breed gets a bad rap and that’s probably from association. A lot of breeds can be temperamental.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 PM #5
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to behold
I have been a professional dog trainer for almost 15 years. There's good and bad in all breeds and 99% of the pits I have trained were wonderful dogs.

Most of what makes dogs bad comes from poor training or a lack of training. Not all that many dogs have rage.

The problem with this breed is that if you DO get a bad one, they definitely have the ability to do some damage. Many breeds (like Sheppards and Dobie's) will lunge, grab and hold. This trait has always made them good 'guard' dogs. Other breeds (like pits) will rip and tear once they have a bite on. This is not good.

Truth is, in all the years I have been training, I have only been bitten once to the point of blood. And, it was a toy poodle. LMAO Little fucker attacked me with the ferocity of any Pit Bull. LMAO
Ringodoggie is online now Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:37 PM #6
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
I have been a professional dog trainer for almost 15 years. There's good and bad in all breeds and 99% of the pits I have trained were wonderful dogs.

Most of what makes dogs bad comes from poor training or a lack of training. Not all that many dogs have rage.

The problem with this breed is that if you DO get a bad one, they definitely have the ability to do some damage. Many breeds (like Sheppards and Dobie's) will lunge, grab and hold. This trait has always made them good 'guard' dogs. Other breeds (like pits) will rip and tear once they have a bite on. This is not good.

Truth is, in all the years I have been training, I have only been bitten once to the point of blood. And, it was a toy poodle. LMAO Little fucker attacked me with the ferocity of any Pit Bull. LMAO
Do think the alpha was the ringleader and the other dog followed along? It kills me to think they turned on the person who loved them the most.

The Pit that bit my arm, I could tell the owner had poor control of him. Luckily it was winter and I was wearing three layers, otherwise it might have done some damage.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 06:43 PM #7
toxic hippie

toxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant future
I've had a pit boxer mix for 13 years and he is incredibly mellow and loving. He's never snapped or even growled at someone or even been in a dog fight. He's great with kids. It's a huge misconception that they are bad dogs. It all has to do with how they are raised and cared for.
toxic hippie is offline Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 06:46 PM #8
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to behold
Impossible to say based on a news story which is probably only 20% true. However, some breeds, once properly motivated, are controlled very heavily by instinct. Take sight hounds, for instance. Once that 'rabbit' is let loose in front of them, not much on Earth will distract them.

Pits can be this way, once enraged. If an animal (or person) came out of the woods suddenly and with a lot of intention, that could have set the pits off into a frenzy. Once in a frenzy, friend and foe become blurred.

Impossible to say. My guess is, they'll blame it on Trump.
Ringodoggie is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:46 PM #9
CosmicCharlie

CosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of light
Supposedly that woman received death threats from someone in the week preceding this. I’ve also read that it looked like the dogs escaped to come to her rescue. There could be foul play involved.

What would make the dogs turn on their owner all of a sudden?
CosmicCharlie is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:41 PM #10
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
Stuff from the news implies a little mistreatment going on there. The girl had them as indoor dogs, but gave them to her father who put them outside. I imagine that made them a little wild though since they didn't get the socialization. This part is gross coming up now!!!!!! They found the dogs chewing her ribcage area. Did the father feed the dogs ever?

My neighbor has a pit that is the nicest dog I've seen lately. When I see the dog he licks me to death. He has a huge head and jaws so I don't want to get on the wrong side of him though.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote