What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow I am in disbelief that the 2 plants under the P3 were budding so fast, then this morning I checked TDS: it was only 225! Just made fresh nutes (~ 625) to add to the existing nutes. Could NPK be that potent?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I cut back the feeding schedule on both tents from one/hour to one/two and a half hours. Im thinking the 2 plants getting Emerald Harvest nutes could not process that much food 24/7, which might have something to do with the tip burn on the older girls

I've been scratching my head over the speedy bud development at such a low NPK TDS. (~ 250), when I would normally be around 600 at this stage
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had been checking TDS with my Oakton 35, but since the pH portion died, I thought maybe the TDS side was no longer accurate. Turns out it was reading double the amount my new TDS meter reads. Meaning my Emerald Harvest nutes that I thought were < 1000 tds was only 450ish. another indication that plants perform quite well on a lot less nutes than the directions suggest. Nutrients going twice as far will save me a good bit of money per year

I went to NPKs Feeding Chart, which measures in tsps: Bloom 1.5 tsp/gallon, multiplying by the 3 gallons I need to adequately feed the 2 totes= 4.5 tsps/3 gallons. Future nute mixing will be a lot easier now

I scrolled down the chart for hydro (BINGO). Bloom nutes is measured in GRAMS, a measured tsp = 2gms. I had been doubling it to somewhere around 325 tds

I typically run Emerald Harvest 800-950 (or so I thought). The buds on those 2 plants are really phat, and since yesterday, the lower buds are beginning to frost. Anyway, I'll go by NPKs feed chart and see what happens, plus keep the EH nutes around the same. Those 2 only have a couple weeks left and it's time to start reducing their TDS
[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to up the TDS for the young budding plants, I drained 2 gallons of nutes and added one gallon fresh @ 700+ TDS. It's still below 400. I may do this again in week or so

2 days ago I took a couple clones from the tall gal under the P3. They are occupying a center spot in the veg tent bubble system. Looking good, no shock or wilt

starke

Those buds in pic #3 look like they are coming on strong. Seem to be enjoying the Amare. Congrats.

A

acdc

hey petflora they look friggin sweet and the amare seems to be doing a neat job :dance013:

The 2 older seedlings are developing more leafs but still require support to stay up. The small one in the front is the first seed to crack and placed into thee coco pouches.

Under the humid dome: one of the seeds has popped through, should see cotyledons by days end

View attachment 414965

Wow ive never seen someone use a humidity dome for seeds. Its been recognized for 20+ years they kill more seeds than they start. Interesting. How do you manage to get them to sprout in that thing?

If you dont like rapid rooters you could germ seeds in rockwool seed starters or croutons. The croutons would make more sense than coco into a hydro system.

You mentioned in the op having difficulty with seedlings noodling. Try throwing a little t5 over them about 4" away. They wont do that. If you are growing little noodles the light is too far away.

Those amare lights look interesting. Kind of gimicky though in my opinion. Ive peeled though their site, they are far from something i would spend money on. Interesting but you could build the same thing so much cheaper. I wonder how many pannels could you build for the price of buying 1 from those guys.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow ive never seen someone use a humidity dome for seeds. Its been recognized for 20+ years they kill more seeds than they start. Interesting. How do you manage to get them to sprout in that thing?

If you dont like rapid rooters you could germ seeds in rockwool seed starters or croutons. The croutons would make more sense than coco into a hydro system.

You mentioned in the op having difficulty with seedlings noodling. Try throwing a little t5 over them about 4" away. They wont do that. If you are growing little noodles the light is too far away.

Those amare lights look interesting. Kind of gimicky though in my opinion. Ive peeled though their site, they are far from something i would spend money on. Interesting but you could build the same thing so much cheaper. I wonder how many pannels could you build for the price of buying 1 from those guys.

You've NEVER seen people use humidity dome for seedlings? Mind Blown. Common practice. And what is noodling? NEVER MIND ANSWERING FYI: Rockwool requires disposal by hazardous waste, and it's dangerous to inhale, or get into your body.

The coco pellets are in a bag, which is dropped into coco net cups, and surrounded with ornamental stones, which are easily removed from the roots after harvest and 100% reusable

You've only 'peeled' through amare's site, but never used them, neither do you have any grows or degrees to support your 'opinion'. Does anyone smell a troll? It seems like you are only looking for an excuse to bash Amare

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late yesterday I noticed the larger plant in the veg tent was drooping, so I took it out and flushed the roots over night

This morning the others were showing bad signs (lower yellow leafs), so I dumped the nutes, cleaned the tote and air stones, made fresh nutes...

I want to get rid of the air stones. I have some low pressure aero manifolds coming my way. I will put them inside the tote
on a timer and eliminate the air pump/stones

You've NEVER seen people use humidity dome for seedlings? Mind Blown. Common practice. And what is noodling? NEVER MIND ANSWERING FYI: Rockwool requires disposal by hazardous waste, and it's dangerous to inhale, or get into your body.

The coco pellets are in a bag, which is dropped into coco net cups, and surrounded with ornamental stones, which are easily removed from the roots after harvest and 100% reusable

You've only 'peeled' through amare's site, but never used them, neither do you have any grows or degrees to support your 'opinion'. Does anyone smell a troll? It seems like you are only looking for an excuse to bash Amare

Wow i just posted my opinion you sure are crazy over those lol well have a nice life i wont come back to see this 1* thread.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Received both NPK RAW grow and bloom Microbes. Added 1 TBS to both the EH and NPK rezes. I will also add the grow micros to the vegging plants

Also, earlier today I cut off the section that had the mold. There was no airflow. Listening to NPK Industries Nutrient tutorial, Harley says Aminos will prevent mold from penetrating into the plants. Yet another worthwhile product to up my game

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CAUTION: RAW Microbes caused my 3 rezes pH to plummet from ~ 6.0 to 4.5!

Had I not checked it this morning it could have been catastrophic to my plants.

Why they don't emphasize this is most disconcerting

Also, 2 of the 4 plants in the veg tent are males. Bye bye boys

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Micros Update: I emailed this to NPK

Directions for Solution are 1/2- 1 tsp/G

I added 1 tsp/4 gallons to be on the safe side

pH prior to adding checked daily very stable 6.0

24 hours later pH plummeted to 4.5!

My veg plants were in dwc, roots in nutrients 24/7

Blooming plants fed every 3 hours

Either of these would be catastrophic if pH not checked immediately

24 hours later, still stable after adding a lot of pH UP

The packaging/ product pages needs to point this out

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crap, just spotted coconuts on my 3rd plant, the fullest. One spindly one left. I'll fim her top. That leaves one from seeds and 2 clones

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First Defol was on 7/10. Second defol due ~ 8/3, but thanks to the micros plummeting the pH for 24+ hours, most of those leaves are already dieing (turning/turned yellow)

Im still adjusting with Up

Probably take pics tomorrow to show the hit

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I mentioned, I used > half strength bloom micros to my NPK bloom nutes; Yucca>Silica>Bloom> Humic

pH rock steady 6.0 throughout grow and bloom, up until I added the micros

Stupidly, I did not check pH until the next day (3-4 feedings), which was 4.5pH

I immediately adjusted up to 6.0, but the damage done did not show much until yesterday

See pictures

Had I not caught this in time, the whole crop might have failed

View attachment 422162 View attachment 422163

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dumped nutes from the lone female plant vegging (3 were males) plus 2 clones that were taken too late, and may not re-veg.

I would start new seeds, but a friend visited his son in CO, and is bringing me new seeds

I received and added RAW Kelp, which may have buffered the micros as the final pH was 7.1. I had to bring it down, instead of bringing it way up.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend just got back from CO, where even the dispensary stuff is strong. Alas, he was unable to buy seeds :moon:

Between the low yielding sats under the Amare P3 (and 2 clones I probably took too late) I'm going to start Diesel/Diesel. I am gong to check the seeds to see if any have a round shape at the bottom: round are supposed to indicate females, and since my last 2 attempts produced 3/4 males, it's worth a shot

This grow, once the seedlings have some roots I will be using a 4 head low pressure manifold/heads with a 264 gph low pressure pump to wet them 15/15. I thought that would be way too long for the 'on' time, but one grower showed me his roots at 15/15 and they looked fine

Latest posts

Latest posts