Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > OG Kush > Are all OGs spindly viney and prone to mold?

Thread Title Search
Are all OGs spindly viney and prone to mold? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 PM #1
kusherman420

kusherman420 is on a distinguished road
Are all OGs spindly viney and prone to mold?

Wondering if there are any OGs out there that grow more like a sour or chem and still have that nose and taste.

What qualifies a true OG?

Are there any crosses that make more stable genetics and better production? Spindly, viney, sparse, moldy.....

Is there a specific feeding regimen that you should use to help tame the OG?
kusherman420 is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2015, 04:43 PM #2
BubbaBear

BubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura about
Yes they are...the super lanky bamboo like structure with three fingered leafs is the tell tail signs of any pure OG. Yes there all like that. Theres some OG hybrids that have thicker stalks and grow a little more stout but the more OG dominant the hybrid the taller and lankier its gonna be. A few of the more stout hybrids are $100 OG, Skywalker OG, louie OG and herojuana OG. OGs like plenty of calmag and topping and training.
BubbaBear is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 PM #3
EastBayGrower

EastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of lightEastBayGrower is a glorious beacon of light
He said it all, very well written, every sentence in there is truth and gold to anyone growing true OG, that spindly viney growth can be thickened with silica and plenty of cal but still super viney, needs to be caged and supported forsure...
EastBayGrower is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 PM #4
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Supercropping saves buds lives........do it in veg, and watch buds actually hold themselves up. Top a certain point anyways(the stems supporting the buds)
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 PM #5
kusherman420

thanks for the info I'm going to definitely start supplementing my OG with cal mag. Looking forward to seeing if i can get it to produce.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM #6
oceangrownkush

oceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud ofoceangrownkush has much to be proud of
Most people say those things about OG because of havig a weak cut. A healthy and vigorous cut of OG will yield and grow sturdy yet viney.
oceangrownkush is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:21 PM #7
NumbSkulled

NumbSkulled will become famous soon enoughNumbSkulled will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusherman420 View Post
thanks for the info I'm going to definitely start supplementing my OG with cal mag. Looking forward to seeing if i can get it to produce.
I've got a Cherry Og keeper. Small leaves, very bushy. Doesn't sound much like what others described Og Kush.
It's a keeper for a reason. Frosty buds. Powerful high not for daytime.

She doesn't look the prettiest close to harvest because she sucks the life out of the fan leaves. It's the heaviest feeder I've grown & so supplement with cal/mag regularly.
NumbSkulled is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 07:44 PM #8
kusherman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
Most people say those things about OG because of havig a weak cut. A healthy and vigorous cut of OG will yield and grow sturdy yet viney.

On the hunt for that classic sour pinesol kush terpenes but want a structure more similar to chemdawg 4. The yield on chem 4 is pretty awesome and the plants are pretty sturdy. Somehow chem is in the lineage of OG so I know theres gotta be some good ones out there...

Old 01-02-2016, 04:01 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusherman420 View Post
On the hunt for that classic sour pinesol kush terpenes but want a structure more similar to chemdawg 4. The yield on chem 4 is pretty awesome and the plants are pretty sturdy. Somehow chem is in the lineage of OG so I know theres gotta be some good ones out there...
Try looking for a Chem4 x OG. Get some seeds, make F2s, search the F2s for your keeper. It will take some time but that would be your best bet for finding what your after.

Also...
Chems n OGs may be related but OG didn't come from the Chem lines. If ya do some reading you'll see that OG had been around for a couple years previous to the Chem lines surfacing in 1991.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2016, 03:53 AM #10
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to behold
The top og are not spindly viney weak branched. They are vigorous, resistant and easy to grow. That's from 2 top og cuts I seen with my own eyes. Don't ask me for names I wasn't given any info.

Ask the Humming bird about the significance of the flowers.
what would a Vulture know about their significance who feeds on the dead..

https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8
azad is offline Quote