Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > -26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Thread Title Search
-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2018, 03:37 AM #1721
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Maple Sugar is running so it's all good here. Have to empty my buckets tomorrow.
I knew a few Vermonter's along my trucking route (from NY) and I was usually lucky enough (timing) to get some of that select dark amber syrup, had to buy quick once the season was upon them though as the dark amber goes first n' fastest.......

Stoner4Life is offline Quote

Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 03-13-2018, 05:23 AM #1722
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner4Life View Post
I knew a few Vermonter's along my trucking route (from NY) and I was usually lucky enough (timing) to get some of that select dark amber syrup, had to buy quick once the season was upon them though as the dark amber goes first n' fastest.......

Must have had Black Maples. Nice stuff for sure.

I tap for the fun of it and the grandkids love it when we go out collecting. We make the taffy on snow and roll it on a stick. I make a bit of syrup for them, but only a few little jugs. I think it's important for kids to know where their food comes from. Especially the good stuff.

I used to make 20k every spring selling it. I don't make it anymore but I freeze some of the sap. Makes a wicked cup of tea. lol

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

~
2018 - Outdoor Gorilla Grow
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 AM #1723
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

Living as I do at 65 degrees north the only tree with collectible sap is Birch.
My daughter made a couple jugs as a school project a few years back. Too many bitter undertones for my palate.

On an unrelated weather subject, a neighbor's apple orchard harvested over two tons of commercial apples again, several years in a row now.

Maple may be closer than I think.
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 PM #1724
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Damn National Grid works fast! Electricity was out for 3 hours, back on now.
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 09:52 PM #1725
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Damn National Grid works fast! Electricity was out for 3 hours, back on now.
practice makes perfect, trite but accurate

Old 03-14-2018, 01:03 AM #1726
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Living as I do at 65 degrees north the only tree with collectible sap is Birch.
My daughter made a couple jugs as a school project a few years back. Too many bitter undertones for my palate.

On an unrelated weather subject, a neighbor's apple orchard harvested over two tons of commercial apples again, several years in a row now.

Maple may be closer than I think.
I'm at Lat45 and grow peaches here! That's Niagara Lat fruit. I had 24 from a 4 year old tree. I have to keep it wrapped in burlap in winter though. If we get a killer winter, I'm afraid it will croak. We used to be zone 5, but damn, I'm growing some zone 4 now.

But hey... Warming is all in my head and not happening right?

~

Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 AM #1727
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

highway dept here must know something i don't. my street is absolutely WHITE from all of the salt they put down today. have not seen snow in forecast; maybe trying to keep local body shops busy with rust repairs? lol...

Old 03-14-2018, 01:19 AM #1728
TychoMonolyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
highway dept here must know something i don't. my street is absolutely WHITE from all of the salt they put down today. have not seen snow in forecast; maybe trying to keep local body shops busy with rust repairs? lol...
They do that here in November. With Christmas around the corner, even the slightest mention of snow and the plows are out doing 2 passes. Each way. lol

~

Old 03-14-2018, 02:40 PM #1729
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
It is 70 degrees F. here and I really want to plant outdoors. Too bad this warm weather is fooling me as I can't plant outdoors until the end of May. Oh well I can look at the clones that will be ready to plant then.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 04:22 PM #1730
TychoMonolyth

Snowed like a fucker here and dropped about 8 inches of heavy wet snow. It's heavy as shit and I have to get rid of it because if it freezes I'm fucked.

Oh great, Just looked outside and it's snowing again. Hard.

Osti de cris de tabarnak!

~