Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > DWC Growers who use the Lucas Formula (Jack's 5-12-26 Hydro)

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Post Reply
DWC Growers who use the Lucas Formula (Jack's 5-12-26 Hydro) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2018, 08:14 PM #1
GuerrillaRed
Member

GuerrillaRed's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 656
GuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really nice
DWC Growers who use the Lucas Formula (Jack's 5-12-26 Hydro)

Man... I just recently switched nute bases from the Lucas Formula (GH Micro & Bloom) after over a decade to Jack's 5-12-26. It has completely rocked my world.

I have always had great quality but below average results with Lucas. I figured everything I was reading on the internet was exaggerations. However, just three weeks into flowering with Jack's and my whole world view is different. My plants are exploding upwards with leaves pointed towards the heavens and I'm having healthier plants with more impressive growth than I've ever seen.



The other thing I'm extremely impressed with is how clean the reservoir is. Extremely healthy clean roots in healthy clean water. With Lucas, I'm used to the Res turning into a fairly gross dark brown res where the roots would become stained.

I don't want to turn into an advertisement here. But the reason I am creating this thread is to hopefully help you guys profit from my experience. I regret not switching sooner. I think most of us who were from the generation who got into hydro in the infancy of internet marijuana communities started with Lucas. Back in the time when a lot of this stuff was still myth and largely underworld, Lucas was absolutely incredible. However, now that we're deep into legalization and medical, there is now so much better stuff than the Lucas Formula out there. I want to encourage old heads to not get stuck in your old ways and consider upgrading and trying new things.

Hope this was helpful.
__________________
Two blades of grass to grow where only one grew before

Last edited by GuerrillaRed; 08-24-2018 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Trying to figure out how to upload scaleable pictures.
GuerrillaRed is online now Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:49 PM #2
CaStoner
Member

CaStoner's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 216
CaStoner will become famous soon enoughCaStoner will become famous soon enough
Sounds good I may have to give it a shot..any Pic's?
CaStoner is online now Quote


Old 08-23-2018, 10:27 PM #3
GuerrillaRed
Member

GuerrillaRed's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 656
GuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really nice
This is about 18 days after the flip with clones that were rushed into flowering.





Edit: Whoops, not sure why my pics are resized down without being able to be scaled.
__________________
Two blades of grass to grow where only one grew before

Last edited by GuerrillaRed; 08-24-2018 at 04:23 AM..
GuerrillaRed is online now Quote


Old 08-24-2018, 06:44 AM #4
HughGhasso
Member

HughGhasso's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
HughGhasso will become famous soon enough
I too just made the Jacks switch after years on the maxibloom. Holy shit is all I have to say. My plants have never looked better.
HughGhasso is offline Quote


Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 PM #5
GuerrillaRed
Member

GuerrillaRed's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 656
GuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGhasso View Post
I too just made the Jacks switch after years on the maxibloom. Holy shit is all I have to say. My plants have never looked better.


I would never write such a gushing post towards any business unless my results were that insane. I'm excited to hear you had the same experiences as me.

I admit I'm just a dumb little hobby grower, so maybe I am years behind everyone else. However I spent hours upon hours reading everything I could find about Jack's Hydro, DWCs and all this. I didn't find a whole lot out there for what I was specifically looking for. So one of my main reasons for writing all this is so it will archive in Google and other growers like me can hopefully find the information and inspire them to make the switch.

In a lot of ways, it's great I spent so much time learning to grow in Lucas because I can grow any cannabis plant in my sleep now because I've dealt with so many problems. But I now realize Soooooooo many of my problems were coming from using Lucas.

My results with Jack's hydro have been stupid. My plants are literally exploding with growth that is easily doubling and more my best ever previous grow. Granted, I'm not a champion grower (I'm completely self-taught based on stuff I largely learn here) but holy shit, I've never seen anything like this. Which is why I keep feeling compelled to talk about it here.


<--------this

The final numbers, I cannot wait. A lot of me wonders if the plants can even handle this kind of explosive growth.
__________________
Two blades of grass to grow where only one grew before

Last edited by GuerrillaRed; 08-24-2018 at 11:24 PM..
GuerrillaRed is online now Quote


Old 08-24-2018, 11:29 PM #6
Michael_Phelps
Newbie

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 27
Michael_Phelps is on a distinguished road
People on this forum really hate on Jack's. Shills for the hydro brands no doubt, preaching the power of "hydro-kushie-blast-liquid-diamond-gold that will grow the dankest loudest, packs 3 gram per watt" BS.

Jack's is good stuff I say. Jack's and the occasional pool shock stock solution can keep DWC very happy.
Michael_Phelps is offline Quote


Old 08-25-2018, 11:08 AM #7
LBBill
Newbie

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
LBBill is on a distinguished road
Can you share your feed schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerrillaRed View Post


I would never write such a gushing post towards any business unless my results were that insane. I'm excited to hear you had the same experiences as me.

I admit I'm just a dumb little hobby grower, so maybe I am years behind everyone else. However I spent hours upon hours reading everything I could find about Jack's Hydro, DWCs and all this. I didn't find a whole lot out there for what I was specifically looking for. So one of my main reasons for writing all this is so it will archive in Google and other growers like me can hopefully find the information and inspire them to make the switch.


In a lot of ways, it's great I spent so much time learning to grow in Lucas because I can grow any cannabis plant in my sleep now because I've dealt with so many problems. But I now realize Soooooooo many of my problems were coming from using Lucas.

My results with Jack's hydro have been stupid. My plants are literally exploding with growth that is easily doubling and more my best ever previous grow. Granted, I'm not a champion grower (I'm completely self-taught based on stuff I largely learn here) but holy shit, I've never seen anything like this. Which is why I keep feeling compelled to talk about it here.


<--------this

The final numbers, I cannot wait. A lot of me wonders if the plants can even handle this kind of explosive growth.

Can you share your feed schedule? I am currently running the "Useless" formula with GH and have had good results. Always looking to make improvements.

Thanks
LBBill is offline Quote


Old 08-25-2018, 12:24 PM #8
RockinRobot
Member

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 792
RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Thought about switching to Jacks once. As a small hobby grower, it's just not worth it to me. Their packaging is stupid. Smallest you can buy is 4 pounds. And remember that's 4lb each of jacks and CalNit. A 2 lb bag of Maxi-bloom lasts me 3 grows. Having to buy jacks at 4lb of jacks and 4lb of CalNit it will clump and go bad before it most of it gets used. Not to mention my local stores won't carry it as the mfg refuses to send samples to stores. This means high shipping charges as well.

I'm doing better than a gram/watt with Maxi-bloom so not going to waste it on jacks that will go bad on me before I can use it.
RockinRobot is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:05 PM #9
Mr Blah
Member

Mr Blah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 764
Mr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the roughMr Blah is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobot View Post
Thought about switching to Jacks once. As a small hobby grower, it's just not worth it to me. Their packaging is stupid. Smallest you can buy is 4 pounds. And remember that's 4lb each of jacks and CalNit. A 2 lb bag of Maxi-bloom lasts me 3 grows. Having to buy jacks at 4lb of jacks and 4lb of CalNit it will clump and go bad before it most of it gets used. Not to mention my local stores won't carry it as the mfg refuses to send samples to stores. This means high shipping charges as well.

I'm doing better than a gram/watt with Maxi-bloom so not going to waste it on jacks that will go bad on me before I can use it.
Keep it in an air tight container. Wallmart makes a dog food container that is semi tight. Been holding mine for a few yrs now.

Just saying
Mr Blah is offline Quote


Old 08-25-2018, 03:21 PM #10
RockinRobot
Member

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 792
RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blah View Post
Keep it in an air tight container. Wallmart makes a dog food container that is semi tight. Been holding mine for a few yrs now.

Just saying
In Florida, I have 2 lb bags of Maxi-bloom clump before I use it up. Just can't see having to buy 8 lb of ferts at a time.
RockinRobot is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:56 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.