What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacuum desiccator, which one did you get and why?

Jibman

My report on the vac it pro chamber and JB 4cfm pump is that both are great. No problems or regrets. Have done 4 runs through the new combo and no issues at all. Sure glad that i got the better quality pump. Much better then the cheaper made ones.

If you are only doing 7 grams at a time just vac in mason jars, they are built to hold a vacuum. I have a big glass dessicator but whenever I can I vac in mason jars with a food saver lid. Also the pump you got is so overkill, the hundred dollar one would have been more than enough. Those desiccators are huge for what you are doing.

Will a water aspirator pull enough vacuum on a food saver lid? I'm intrigued :woohoo:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Gracias amigo :)
Unless you say that the foodsaver / mason jar thing is a good way to go for small batches, I think I'm going to buck up and get the best valu vac 1.75 qt Pyrex chamber, after sleeping on it...
I've got many friends using Best Value Vacs, all of them are happy.

However, consider the height restrictions with their shallow Pyrex versions. Not much room to accommodate large muffins.

Just something to consider, if ya plan on doing larger runs.

Hope this is of some assistance,
Happy extracting,stay safe,
[sd]

Latest posts

Latest posts