What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Healing with Cannabis

Sequoia

When should inhumane laws made by men supersede human suffering?

What right does anyone have to forbid the use of a plant that has not been proven to do great harm?
Alcohol and Cigarettes are legal all over the world....consumers are encouraged LEGALLY by advertising to use them. Many thousands die from using these LEGAL poisons. They have been proven harmful to all humanity. And still profits are made at this terrible cost.

The real message is what is happening here on OGF (www.oregongreenfree.com).
People are TALKING about the things they can do....after using Medical Cannabis. Sharing the information that comes from their own experiences.
Talking about strains of Medical Cannabis that give the most relief for their ailments.
Talking about being able to give up potent LEGAL intoxicants like Oxycontin and Vicodin and many other pharmaceuticals with debilitating side effects.
Medical Cannabis is working for them better than anything else now available.

Anybody here have tremors from the side effects of Medical Cannabis?
Today a friend told me about a woman in the nursing home she works in.
They (her physician) gave this patient a new anxiety drug and the side effects are so bad, the woman can't feed herself anymore from the tremors (known side effect of this drug).

Medical Cannabis may not work for everyone....but the right to have a choice in the matter should not be up to any government, and laws that are not compassionate WILL be ignored. It is HUMAN NATURE and perhaps the first law in self-preservation (since before mankind lived in caves), to find what will ease your suffering.

IMHO Good governments and good laws are our destiny, and it is our duty to pursue that goal. We need to pick leaders that know this TRUTH:
Cannabis is very effective as a medicant for a vast array of human ailments.
Cannabis has been unfairly demonized by the WAR ON DRUGS.
It is time to go after real criminals and stop arresting sick people.

If you wish to learn more about Oregon Medical Marijuana Act please see:
www.omma1998.org/omr_mmj_bibliography.html
Dr. Rick Bayer one of the authors of Oregon Medical Marijuana Act(OMMA)

There is a link from (book) The Role of Cannabis and Cannabinoids in Pain Management" by Ethan Russo, MD. Chapter 31 from Pain Management: A Practical Guide for Clinicians edited by Richard S. Weiner, PhD (6th edition American
Academy of Pain Management, CRC Press 2002)

GW Pharmaceuticals the developer of Sativex, (Cannabis based pharma drug)
http://www.gwpharm.com/research_cri.asp

Is the United States Federal Government Really Delaying Clinical Research?

Nearly everyone (including the American and Oregon Medical Associations and American Cancer Society) supports research efforts involving marijuana as medicine. The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) www.maps.org/mmj is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit research and educational organization. Please learn for yourself and make up your own mind about the current climate for clinical research. Please recall that under our current U.S. federal system of laws, it is illegal for doctors to prescribe marijuana/cannabis as medicine even to dying and suffering patients to whom we routinely give drugs
such as morphine.* from Dr Bayers web page.

What do you think? Should we take up the banner for these victims of questionable laws? March in your city, and wave those banners in the Million Marijuana March in your part of the world.

Copy and paste letters and articles, even this letter: I humbly release this energy into the Universe to help educate regading Medical Cannabis.

These are only my opinions and thoughts and are not meant to be offensive or cause harm.

I embrace the world with healing energy and lovingkindness for it CAN change the world.

Sequoia
==============================================
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."--Ghandi

Reverend Martin Luther King said we have only two choices: "to live together
as brothers or perish together as fools."

==============================================
www.omma1998.org/omr_mmj_bibliography.html www.omma1998.org/omr_mmj_bibliography.html

Last edited:

Sequoia

It is just as valid today as the day he said it.

Another favorite of mine is by Rev. Martin Luther King who said
"we can live together as brothers, or die together as fools."

healing energy and lovingkindness

Sequoia

Sequoia, well said.

My frustration lies with the draconian attitudes and views on mj.

I am in a Master's degree program and drug testing has been a topic of discussion several times. These are bright, educated, hardworking folks would like to fire someone who tests positive for pot. Two packs of cigarettes and a quart of Jack Daniels a day would be more acceptable I guess. They are mostly Republicans.

These anti MJ views are almost like a religious dogma for many, they can't be questioned. Even factual evidence contrary to their arguements usually make them uncomfortable and more emotional. This human schema does keep a lot of people quiet.

What have you done that helps?

Sequoia

The most important thing that I do is take a message of healing and freedom everywhere I can.

I am a Cannabis patient and I make my own ingestibles, I post those recipes for tincture and oil and elixir freely all over the internet. All someone has to do is plant a seed and they can have these same blessed medicines.

I am a moderator on www.oregongreenfree.com and I answer questions about growing and medicating with a group of other Oregon patients and caregivers. I try to make scared people who do not know what is happening, politically aware and empowered to stand up and march in the upcoming MMM events.
Empowered to rise up and collect signatures to make the OMMA law in Oregon work better for patients.

I am constantly in touch with a group called DPFOR (Drug Policy Forum of Oregon). Drug policy forums are in most states. Do you know yours? I also am connected to news groups that keep me aprised of what is happening with MMJ laws and projects and problems nationwide. I pass this information on as I go. YOU WILL NOT SEE THIS INFO ON REGULAR MEDIA. They do not want you to know that Cannabis is Medicine.

Here is a site to read the transcript snippets of the Hearings on Medical Marijuana going on right now in Congress with Mark Souder R-IN (US REP) as the committee chairman and a Cannabis Patients worst nightmare.

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v04/n553/a05.html

Read them and tell me if you want to see these people in office at their re-elections.

I think it is time for the lies to stop. ALL I CAN do is tell my own TRUTH.
I am a breast cancer survivor, diabetic, and now am getting arthritic. My hands hurt to type this letter, but I took some tincture in my espresso and I can tell 20 minutes later that the pain is easing and my fingers can fly just like they did years ago.
I educate anyone who will speak with me about the pharmaceutical industry and the 770,000 deaths a year from drug interactions....and 660,000 from heart disease, 500,000 from cancer (all US figures) and how many from Cannabis?????

Also my soul mate has moved to another city to get a new liver and his hospital won't allow him the one med that will help his depression, pain, tremors and other stage four liver disease symptoms. How cruel...but they are federally funded and that is their MANDATORY policy. He is going downhill fast. However he is on the patient advisory board that works with the Oregon Department of Human Services that oversees the OMMP(Oregon Medical Marijuana Plan), trying to make a better system in Oregon. Just because we have this here does not mean that patients have access to meds.

I am also a member of OrNORML and participate in the Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards as a judge or participant. The medicine I grow is judged for its medical strain to ailment capacity. It is not the most scientific study but the results are posted for many ailments on the OrNORML website.

When the Oregon legislature (which has way to many former cops and DOJ backgrounds) try to pull a bill to change the OMMA law I call my representative and urge others to do so and we got it stopped.
I write letters to the editors all over the country. I reply to attacks that get the big publicity that come from the White House and other big guns and are pure lies.

I am just one sick old hippie woman...and I refuse to shut up. Will I live in fear...you only live once and you may as well die fighting for what you believe in.
I am also recently christened a HEMPWALKER and there is a STATION at the OGF site. We are trying to stop the demonization of ALL hemp products and give mankind the choice of medicine they may find healing.

And if you just want to use some pot for recreation....it can't possibly hurt anyone as badly as cigarettes and alcohol which have huge lobbies and legal advertising everywhere and they are known killers. Just seems a little lopsided to me.

I am just an old hippie woman....I changed the world in the 60's and found words like "nigger" not only offensive but the civil rights of many ethnic groups being trampled upon. I did something about it. I voted, wrote letters, protested in the streets. We made small changes. Reagan beat us down for ERA and women still suffer.
There is so much need....so much anger that cannot be soothed, I only do what I can.

But I truly believe that I CAN CHANGE THE WORLD...

with healing energy and lovingkindness

Sequoia

PS I also have petitions for people to sign for better MMJ laws and voter registration cards from my county. And if you just finished a bowl and say no I don't want to be part of the system and register to vote....YOU CAN GET YOUR HIPPOCRITICAL ASS OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Last edited:

tazzzy

i agree totally. i live in alaska,were allowed 4 ounces per household.i have chronic pain,i told my doctor about smoking m.j. he says whatever works best for me . ive been pill popping for 7 years,a pain pill every 4 hours. id rather smoke mj so thats why im growing my own & it wont make me naususe & druged out the next day.:

Latest posts

Latest posts