What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor 2008/2009 Oceanic Season

G

guest123

Technique said:
Sweet i might look at that. tho thinking about it, planting in the ground would be like planting in a giant sized pot correct?

or are pots a another league?

p.s. where is your plot i'd like to rob you :p

and what strains are you growing there they look so fat!!

and can you get a nice large high res photo 1600x1200 or something, i'd like a new background :)
from what ive seen they are a bit like palms ,, if u put a palm in a large pot or in the ground first ,, they take ages to grow as the roots are doing a lot of growing first ,, its a lot faster letting them fill up small pots ..

lots of strains in there , many c99 and crosses of it ,, ssh and crosses of it ,, and a bunch of seeds from the last years patch ...

HippySlayer

girls, girls, girls....

girls, girls, girls....

Passenger said:
Nice looking garden
:joint: how many plants in total you going for this year?

Thanks man....not aiming for any number in particular, I'll be happy with whatever girls Jah blesses me with :joint:

Speaking of girls....I got 12 so far....6 Pineapple Express(6/7 :woohoo:), 3 JillyBean, 2 Kashmir & 1 Lifesaver :jump:

6 PE on right, 2 Kashmir centre, 3 JillyBean & 1 Lifesaver on left

The PE girls

PE girl

Looking good everyone, keep it up
:canabis:

BudgetBud

Good seeing what everyone else is got going, don't know any growers round my way.
Been meaning to share for a while, Not much compared to everyone else but who cares.
Just had the house inspection so i got six months of free growing :jump:
Been under flouros and kept small, started taking clones of my six favorites, got 10 or 11 plants from seed.

^The favorites, six from 3 sources. The one on the bottom left with three tops is said to be from amsterdam.Top left is a clone from the one next to it.

^ The rest, both sativas have been over ferted or salted a long while, their coming right now and the bigger one was the first to go in the ground, today.

^The gang, better colour rendition.

^Setup. Installing my ball bearing 200mm extractor fan tomoz, got it from bunnings for $25, it's going now and i don't think i'll need rubber/foam bracing like i originally thought. There's going to be a fan box where the laminated wood is a little less than twice the width of that piece all the way up which will leave room for a carbon scrubber later on.
Also adding at least 3 more lights tommorrow maybe 5, see how it goes. Using phillips 23w and the new 24w cfls, easy to change spectrum, high output and there's lots of blue light for veg.

2nd grow since finishing hsc last year, way easier with all this extra time, still got heaps to learn, I plan on establishing a few mothers and start a perpetual grow indoors and out, but at this stage just taking it easy.
Peace

Technique

Hey Everyone,

Not too sure whats happened here but both of my Fresian Dew mothers are looking weird. 3 pointed leaves etc. check out the photos. and tell me whats going on :(

they also started to flower, i thought maybe they were out a little early but none of the others have followed suit.

Which brings me onto another question, how does everyone here clone plants? what method are you using? i need a faster more successful one. i'm doing rooting gel into soil/with a bag over pot to keep humid. and its taking a long time..

Last edited:

Bobito

Kia ora People! Long time no see good to see familiar faces still growing, i'm doing another outdoor season but been slow getting started this time. Just have few seedlings growing at moment, once plants start to grow ill put up some pics :) Stay safe!

menial

Technique said:
Which brings me onto another question, how does everyone here clone plants? what method are you using? i need a faster more successful one. i'm doing rooting gel into soil/with a bag over pot to keep humid. and its taking a long time..
How long is too long?

BudgetBud

Thats the exact way i do it except i use rooting powder. takes 1-2 weeks, in soil it's quiet easy to overwater clones, thats how i sometimes mess up.
Cloneing takes longer but i'd rather wait a little longer and keep some good genetics than flower out.

menial

I think 10 - 14 days is about normal for roots to be showing. I prefer Jiffys myself, I usually take the dome lid off for about 30 mins after 4 or so days, if they wilt, I put it back on for another day, let them perk up and try it again, when they don't wilt at all, then I leave the lid off.

How much light do you have on them? I had been trying to clone with insufficient light to encourage growth, once I upped the intensity, the rooting sped up.

Technique

I bag mine into large 10x 15 inch zip lock bags. mist the bag every now and then. prob once a day i give them new air too.

i use little square pots

i might give a bubble cloner a go, i understand the temps need to be perfect for this to work...

really annoyed about whats happened to the fresian dew plants already into flowering stage and no turning back :( any ideas for them guys??

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Technique have you tried using a coke/lemonade bottle with the top half cut off, give it a slight turn when pressing into the soil (over plant) so it doesn't blow over (if they're outdoors),,, it does the job nicely.

Last edited:

Passenger

How many growers here live in WA or in perth or close to it because I've been reading on other forums where people who planted after me that are getting their plants going into flower not sure why this is happening I thought they would reveg but I'll just wait for mother nature to do her thing. They're still powering away with growth so i'm a little confused.

Here's some photos around 2 weeks after my last update

Group Shot

The smallest girl I think it's a thai-tanic I had another but my big girl looked like she was about to devour it.

I think this is a kali mist shes got big fat leaves(almost as big as my hand now) for a sativa dom though.

The other two Kali mists.

Last edited:

Passenger

wallyduck said:
they do like to get a nice rootball about them in order to grow a good size plant ,, best way is to always start them in a smaller pot ,, around 6 inch pot is great for the first few weeks ,, they will grow faster in a smaller pot and react faster to transplant when they have a nicely established rootball ...

if u use a large pot the roots tend to like to grow a lot before the top .. with lots of rooting the plant can feed better and as a result grow faster ..

a few shots from the garden ,, the rain has gone and the heat has come with a vengeance , around 36 degrees today ...

Some bloody tasty looking girls wally. I love your grow :).

Last edited:

Technique

Cheers for the tip :) i've just built myself a bubble cloner in a hope it might work well, as it did last time i had one.

and i'm using coke bottles on top to keep them warm :)

Passenger, yeah i have had some go into flower, not just the fresian dews now. your groth is so good there, what are you doing to them?? tho i am not even anywhere close to Wa.

P.s If i continue growing these fresian dew's will they continue to flower?? and should i treat them like they are flowering? or will they start to do strange things? and i should not bother as yield will be low??

Last edited:

Passenger

Just watering them a lot and feeding them a lot more, They're enjoying it. Fed them every second day for 2 weeks. Plenty of water. I guess it's mostly from me preparing my soil beds in Winter and letting the earthworms work through it and letting the good fungi spread.

Technique

ahh yes the earth worms :) my horticultural pal gave me a big bag of soil that was crawling with worms he picked it up on a job.. tho i forgot to take it home and then he used it :(

BudgetBud

First clone, vegged for 3 days. took these pictures on thursday morning after the 7th night of 12/12. so thats one confirmed mother plant :jump:
Will get some shots of the ones outside tommorrow.
peace

Hughesy

Just because your paranoid, don't mean their not after you.Gotta find a way, a better way, I`d better wait.

BudgetBud

Haha, you got it. I thought it was "a better way" not "i'd better wait" easy to be wrong though.
Put these outside about ten days ago, first real attempt outdoors, all have been overfertilized from soil mix but are coming right now.