What's new

Day 62 flower: 1st grow, bagseed, 250w HID

Hawk

40 days veg under 250w MH. 62 days flower under 250w HPS. Three gallon pots. LST. First grow. Unknown bagseed. Two appear the same/similar strain while the third is different.

How am I lookin? Any guesses on yield? I don't know what to expect.

This is might be by best single cola.

Same bud with a sheet of typing paper behind it for scale.

Hopefully this animated .gif works....

Any and all comments welcomed. :joint:

looks delicious, but it looks like it has a lot of days left to flower.

hard to know since it's bagseed.

i look forward to seeing it cured. how much longer do you plan to flower ? 20ish days ? i am worried the flush may have started too soon from all the yellowing and how much the buds have left to swell. those buds should explode in these last 2 ish weeks though.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
ther ya go brotha!!!! looks a helluva lot better than my first attempt (this was before OG,CW,IC or any of them great internet resources)...

i wish i had a picture tho>>> shit was hilarious. i bought a 400w hps for 60 bucks through the pennysaver. than i took a big ol piece of wood and jammed it in my cloest and hung the light from it>>>went in my backyard>> dup up soil and filled a bunch of pots>> and voila. had no fans,, no blowers,, no a/c hoods>>>so i just kept one side of my closet open,,,then realized if you was driving by at night,,, you could see this very brigh light just illumanting everything >>LMAO>>>,,,bought a bunch of beans from gypsy nirvana & seeds direct... and even though i didnt know shit about growing,,, harvesting,,,curing,,,nutrients,, or basicaly antyhing a plant needed>>>it STILL came out better than 80% of most street weed available. that is when i was growing only for $$$ and i wasnt even smoking any weed. soon enough i got enough compliments on it>> that i started smoking more and more of it>> now its the exact opposite>>> i got tons of weed sitting around caus i dont liek to sell none of it:::in fact i got some weed in my refrig that i grew over 1.5yr ago,,,

anyways>>>Much respect to you brotha,,, keep rocking that grow. looks like some superb work

BhT

stockedup.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk

Hey, thanks all! I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. I'd say this has (so far) exceeded my expectations. I started out with a goal of getting 1oz of smokable weed. But it seems like there's gotta be a couple oz there?

Hawk

JustEnoughForMe said:
looks delicious, but it looks like it has a lot of days left to flower.

hard to know since it's bagseed.

i look forward to seeing it cured. how much longer do you plan to flower ? 20ish days ? i am worried the flush may have started too soon from all the yellowing and how much the buds have left to swell. those buds should explode in these last 2 ish weeks though.

Dunno. I've been watching the trichs. I think they're mostly cloudy with some still a bit clear. I'm not sure I've seen any I'd call amber. Maybe a couple but I think they may have just been previously damaged [shrug].

How long does it normally take to get from 1% to 50% amber? Can it happen over the course of 3 or 4 days or is it more like two weeks or something?

thanks again

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice for a first grow. Gotta love those bagseeds.

KeysSkunkApe

BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
...bought a bunch of beans from gypsy nirvana & seeds direct...and even though i didnt know shit about growing,,, harvesting,,,curing,,,nutrients,, or basicaly antyhing a plant needed>>>it STILL came out better than 80% of most street weed available.

Nice damn grow man! Biggest personal stash I've seen in years! LOL! :yoinks:

Murphy

Great Job Hawk! You've got something to be proud for your first grow. Looks like that bag seed was pretty a good yielder. I'm guessing you have better then a couple of oz. there.

Hawk

Thanks all!

Here they are at day 67. I've harvested two of the colas. Based on the trimmed weight of those two colas and 80% drying loss, I'm gonna guess about 1.5oz per plant. Some of the colas seem way heavier than others though and the ones I cut where not the bigger ones. I'm factoring that into my guess....but it's hard to say. Can't wait to know for sure.

After I pulled out all of this:

They look like this:

This is a day 64 pic:

I'm watching the tirchs. Not at 10% amber yet. I might have stopped the nutes a tad soon [shrug].

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Looking great bro. Those amber trichs are gonna start turning soon enough. You will have a decent pull off those girls.

Hawk

Bringing this one back from the dead for some follow-up. Ended up with 5 3/4 oz. I cut most of it between 75 and 85 days. I let a few colas go all the way to 95 days.

Grow #2 started two weeks ago....

Latest posts

Latest posts