What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FedEx delivers hefty pot package to wrong place

Derorli Panza

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/FedEx_delivers_hefty_pot_package_to_0705.html

Be careful when you plan on sending large shipments of Cannabis through the mail. Maybe someone can think of a way to be able for the person receiving the shipment to identify if the packages were tampered with before signing for them, so he/she could deny acceptance and keep from being busted by the undercover police.

FedEx delivers hefty pot package to wrong place
Associated Press
Published: Saturday July 5, 2008

200-pound mix-up tips off police, who pose as deliverymen, bust recipient

BALTIMORE - FedEx prides itself on reliability. But a mistaken delivery tipped off police to a 200-pound shipment of marijuana that someone tried to send from Pembroke Pines, Florida to Baltimore via the shipping company.

Police tell The (Baltimore) Sun they learned about the shipment when it was delivered Tuesday to the wrong resident.

Authorities posed as FedEx employees and arrested the shipment's intended recipient, 30-year-old Richard Gwatidzo.

Officials say he was charged Thursday with possession of a large quantity of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute along with other drug related charges.

Police say they also seized eight other FedEx boxes with nearly 400 pounds of the drug.

Authorities are trying to determine the sender's identity.

^^well they must have tricked him into signing with their disguises in order to charge him- dishonest assholes, sometimes I wonder, which side of the law is shadier?

I can't imagine being charged with 600 lbs, thats some seriously heavy weight to bear, I wonder what'll happen to him- best wishes to that dude for whatever its worth.

whodi

Veteran
well looks liek the dude was mexican so... i wonder if the police just said it 'was delivered to a wrong address' as an excuse to open the package?

Dude is an idiot for signing for a 200+ pound package of MJ. serves him right. Sucks the northeast is gonna be out that much more though.

ConceptOfSleep

Thats a shitty turn of events for both the sender and the recipient... Sonds like they probably tracked down packages with the same sender and found 400lbs on top of the 200 to the guy that got arrested...

"I like the Fed-Ex driver. Cuz he's a drug dealer...and he dont even know it.... And he's always on time."
- Mitch Hedberg

:laughing:

:joint:

C

CheifnBud2

600 pounds of mexi-brick that wont be gracing the fine lungs of americans. Oh well.

whodi said:
Sucks the northeast is gonna be out that much more though.

Thats what the authorities would want you to believe. There was recently a 6,700 lb. bust around my area, and it 0 effect are the cannabis flow around here.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
whodi said:
well looks liek the dude was mexican so... i wonder if the police just said it 'was delivered to a wrong address' as an excuse to open the package?

Dude is an idiot for signing for a 200+ pound package of MJ. serves him right. Sucks the northeast is gonna be out that much more though.

They dont need an excuse or a warrant. FedEx is a private shipper and can open any package at any time for any reason. Never ship illegal substances thru private shippers! US Postal Service requires search warrants to open packages.

That same thing happened to a buddy of mine while he was away @ college and it was his roommates shit.... That dude was not even around but they all walked on the charges...

A big thing on the East Coast was they were shipping weed from Cali with onions. I know the UPS guys really well I tipped them off on the tricks and they intercepted a 800 pound package... the whole KARMA issue made me lay off on that score..... That was funny shit a bunch of UPS guys that can not smoke trying to dump off 800 P's....

GL