What's new

Fat Tones Dresser MicroGrow

Fat Tone

Hello Micro Growers. Just thought I would start a thread of My Micro Grow that I started in 11/24/2007. The size of my dresser is 17" widex14" deepx 43.5" high. It has 1 70 HPS and 3 26 watt CFL+1 42 CFL.
All blue spectrum CFL during vegging and the first three weeks of flowering to keep the streching down. Ventilation is 2 6" computer fans. One intake at the bottom, exhaust fan up top. Fans are drilled to the cardboard back that the dresser originally had. I access it from the back with really small hinges design like the ones one house doors that I got from Lowes.

I started flowering on Jan 2. Wish I would have vegged at least a week longer. I started with 15 plants and only had 4 females after everything showed signs. Guess It was bad luck. One plant that I started on 12/12 is exactly 5 inches tall. But its the frostiest of them all, it'll probably yield .05. I guess its just one of those strains that don't like to start on 12/12. All of the strains is from K-town (high quality mexican commercial).

The last pics of the biggest buds where taken a week ago. They are at 5 weeks flowering Today. I hope you enjoy the pics in my gallery. I want only IC members to be able to see my pictures. If you have any question about my Grow, fill free to ask.

Last edited:

Fat Tone

Finally. Thanks for the comments. Yes it is a ghetto set up that I put together real quick for cheap. Thanks for the link zappa66. What's wrong with my lights? How can I make my cabinent better the next grow other than building a reflector for the 70 watter?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
My comment was going to be lack of reflectors but, you've already figured that out. Cute cab. I love the ways people arrive at stealth.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
personally, i kinda like the way your lights are mounted. looks like you can adjust the angle there at slightley? seems liek it would help out alot

Fat Tone

Hello everyone. I would like to dedicate this thread to The Underground Man. This thread http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=25086&page=1&pp=15 is what inspired me. Its one of the best Dresser grows I have seen. I plan on buying this cabient http://www.abchomestore.com/item--5-Drawer-Chest-F5016-TMC--f5016tmc.html which is a little bigger than the underground man. I already have the 250, just need to make a reflector like his. If you want to build a dresser grow box, go by his design.

Bongasaurus Yes the CFL sockets light are adjustable up and down and left and right. They are the Christmas flood lights for Outside Decorations.

TheOneWill You have a nice looking setup going on yourself.

Jerome garcia Yes it is pretty noisy. But not really with the closet door close. You can BARELY here it in complete silence.

Nuggets its really simple. All you need is a drill. I used waterproof wood glue to glue the drawers to the dresser. Used white chalk for the light leaks (weather stripping wouldn't stay stuck). Spray painted the inside with flat white paint. Its not that much work at all.

Last edited:

Fat Tone

I would make the door like The Underground Man did his. It screws on and off with screws. I bought some really small door hinges from lowes. I use these 2 piece hinges that I can't describe to keep it close. I'll put pics up of the hinges soon.

Fat Tone

Took these pic 2 days ago.I could have gave them more fertilizer, but i was low. One of the really strecthy buds isnt as frosty as the center and bottom buds. What causes this? is it do to heat. its just a funny acting plant. questions are welcomed. hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited:

diggity

looks good mate, glad to see everything went well. do yu have a pic of what the entire cab looked like with the door open?

zappa66

Wow those are some dank looking buds, congratulations! Have you tried the smoke yet?
A few suggestions:

Have you thought about installing a door on the back of your dresser? It seems like it would be a pain to unscrew it every time.
And depending on your ventilation adding a 150w HPS could increase your yield….
And finally you could order some primo genetics!

Great job!