What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg D (??) vs Pacific's G13...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beancounter

Veteran
This informal report is based on the Chemdawg D cut from outkastt, that she got from Danny Danko at the Stoney Awards several months ago..

I had it sent to a friend 1st as it was more convenient, and he threw one of the cuts into flower once rooted into an E&F table under a 1k super hort, along with Pacific's G13 clone.. essentialy 1 Chem and the rest PG13..

they were put in at the same height, untopped, about 1 week of veg..

the 'chemdawg' ended up almost 2x as tall as the PG13s and she remained very healthy thruout..

the 'CD D' however produced virtualy zero odor, and very lil resin (comparitively to other chems seen in pics)..

It did yeild like a mofo, and would seem to be a good clone for zero-veg commercial growing, but there was virtualy no flavor/odor when done, and very lil in terms of stone..

PG13 flat out destroys it in terms of quality, and PG13 is not the best elite around, altho still quite good.. probly top 10 all around, maybe top 5 with yeild/growth included..

the friend who grew these samples has been very sick lately, and was unable to take pics of the plants pre harvest, as the chem was in a very awkward area for pic takin.. also, he wasn't too impressed with her so was less than motivated.. but I have some pics at about 30 days i'll post up when i can..

Anyways, he ended up sellin' all of it, for less $ than his usual mersh.. to give u an idea of it.. he's since culled his mum of the chemdawg D from O...

I have 2 of O's CD Ds rooted and vegging now, and will not cull them yet.. I will thro one in flower soon so I can see for myself, but i have no reason to doubt my bro's results.. he is one of the best growers I know, and one of my best friends.. he's not about hype or BSing, jus results..

We have since obtained an undisputable 'real' Chemdawg D, and #4.. it's obvious that O's CD was quite a bit dif than both of these chems, as they both have a strong odor in veg and dif growth patterns.. where as O's clone had virtualy no odor in flower, let alone veg..

I won't be doing any official side-by-sides, as there's no point, as i will only hold O's clone long enough to grow it myself...

Here's a couple nug shotz... The "chemdawg d" don't look too bad, but it really is quite lack luster and unimpressive in terms of taste and potency.. I dunno what's up... maybe there was a mix up somewhere.. I'm highly disapointed as it jus means it will take me more time before i'll be able to sample some real chemdawg..

O's Chemdawg D (on top) and Pacific's G13:

O's Chemdawg D (dif nug than above):

Pacific's G13:

I'm gonna go looking for the veg shotz and early flower shotz I have of O's CD D and post em up.. then when mine are bigger or in flower I will post pics aswell...

I know quite a few other peeps here on IC mag have this cut, so I would love to hear some feedback from other peeps who have flowered her.. I hope there was a mixup somewhere because if not :chin:

much respect to danko and outkastt... i jus wanna know what's up with da herb.. :joint:

Last edited:

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
I don't know BC. I do know that Danny and Chemdawg are friends . And if Danny gave her the cut it should be real. Maybe there was some kind of mixup with the clones some where. When you smoke the real Chemdawg d you'll know it........

ograskal

Veteran
beancounter said:
This informal report is based on the Chemdawg D cut from outkastt, that she got from Danny Danko at the Stoney Awards several months ago..

I had it sent to a friend 1st as it was more convenient, and he threw one of the cuts into flower once rooted into an E&F table under a 1k super hort, along with Pacific's G13 clone.. essentialy 1 Chem and the rest PG13..

they were put in at the same height, untopped, about 1 week of veg..

the 'chemdawg' ended up almost 2x as tall as the PG13s and she remained very healthy thruout..

the 'CD D' however produced virtualy zero odor, and very lil resin (comparitively to other chems seen in pics)..

It did yeild like a mofo, and would seem to be a good clone for zero-veg commercial growing, but there was virtualy no flavor/odor when done, and very lil in terms of stone..

PG13 flat out destroys it in terms of quality, and PG13 is not the best elite around, altho still quite good.. probly top 10 all around, maybe top 5 with yeild/growth included..

the friend who grew these samples has been very sick lately, and was unable to take pics of the plants pre harvest, as the chem was in a very awkward area for pic takin.. also, he wasn't too impressed with her so was less than motivated.. but I have some pics at about 30 days i'll post up when i can..

Anyways, he ended up sellin' all of it, for less $ than his usual mersh.. to give u an idea of it.. he's since culled his mum of the chemdawg D from O...

I have 2 of O's CD Ds rooted and vegging now, and will not cull them yet.. I will thro one in flower soon so I can see for myself, but i have no reason to doubt my bro's results.. he is one of the best growers I know, and one of my best friends.. he's not about hype or BSing, jus results..

We have since obtained an undisputable 'real' Chemdawg D, and #4.. it's obvious that O's CD was quite a bit dif than both of these chems, as they both have a strong odor in veg and dif growth patterns.. where as O's clone had virtualy no odor in flower, let alone veg..

I won't be doing any official side-by-sides, as there's no point, as i will only hold O's clone long enough to grow it myself...

Here's a couple nug shotz... The "chemdawg d" don't look too bad, but it really is quite lack luster and unimpressive in terms of taste and potency.. I dunno what's up... maybe there was a mix up somewhere.. I'm highly disapointed as it jus means it will take me more time before i'll be able to sample some real chemdawg..

O's Chemdawg D (on top) and Pacific's G13:

O's Chemdawg D (dif nug than above):

Pacific's G13:

I'm gonna go looking for the veg shotz and early flower shotz I have of O's CD D and post em up.. then when mine are bigger or in flower I will post pics aswell...

I know quite a few other peeps here on IC mag have this cut, so I would love to hear some feedback from other peeps who have flowered her.. I hope there was a mixup somewhere because if not :chin:

much respect to danko and outkastt... i jus wanna know what's up with da herb.. :joint:

Well I have Smoked Some Samples of the ChemDog D and She is Off the Charts in Potency, So i doubt That was the real D...I am currently flowerin one right now and She is frostin up Nicely....Now if you said it had very little resin than its definately not the D....Have you seen Smokeys Pics of the D yet????..I'll try to post up some pics later on ......~ogr

S

sow the seeds

I'm actaully smoking on some of outkastt's chemdawg right now and while it doesn't look extremely frosty, its still above average, and has a great smell and taste. I broke up a tiny bud and my still hands smelled like chemdawg (the buds not the member :wink:) an hour later.

I haven't smoked too much so I can't gauge the potency yet but shes definatley no slouch.

G

very interesting, thanks for the report beancounter. :) i hope that chem d was a mix up if pg13 kills it!

G

sow the seeds said:
I broke up a tiny bud and my still hands smelled like chemdawg (the buds not the member :wink:) an hour later.

I haven't smoked too much so I can't gauge the potency yet but shes definatley no slouch.

I mean absolutely no offense by this sow, but how do you know that it smells like chemdawg? Have you smelled verified dawg before or is it just a guess based on descriptions?

Take care

guerilla

Beetlepumpr

How do you people in the heck find these things, I have been lookin for years, probably more too, count your blessings to have the Grail of smoke and visual pleasure, because you know you are of the few.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
stay tuned/.////..... keep us updated beanCounter. Thanx for sharing. peace...

sack

Joe Homegrown

Crazy

Crazy

ive been growing for a little less than a year and the first strain i worked with i was told was g-13. its crazy cause it was like the chemdawg you had.. no flavor no smell..i kept it around and had a couple of turns with it thinking it was me needing to hone my skills but it didnt improve.. my freind who has quite a bit more experience then myself was haveing the same issues and chose to ditch it..myself, i just had my last harvest with it and it was a little better but not quality.. cured it smelled almost like spaghetti.. go figure. a small space and the quest for the dank made me bring in all new clips.. 3- purple erkles, 3- sensi stars, 1- bull rider, and 1- ms32 (a local strain) so its a little crowded under only a 400w hps. hopefully they come out smelling like herb instead of food :joint:

S

sow the seeds

guerilla1018 said:
I mean absolutely no offense by this sow, but how do you know that it smells like chemdawg? Have you smelled verified dawg before or is it just a guess based on descriptions?

Take care

guerilla

Hey Guerilla no offense taken. What I meant by that was my fingers smelled like the bud I had broken up an hour earlier (which was chemdog). I have had verified dawg before but only once, and the smell and taste were the same as outkastt's chemdawg. I'm by no means a chemdawg expert though.

I can see where the name comes from, smells very very chemmy when broken up, in a good way. :joint:

G

Thats exactly what I was wondering sow, thanks for the response. I guess we shall see ;)

Take care

guerilla

REZDOG

Veteran
....sounds to me like it might have just been poorly grown/finished,my CDD Clone's from Chemdog,and I can assure you,it lacks not an iota in potencey,and is quite tasty,too....
Danko should have authentic cuts,but there's always a possibility of a mislabel or somesuch.
I can tell you-the Chemdog D Clone is Very Closely Held,and it's not supposed to be handed out without Chem's permission....

Cheers!

G

Once it's gone and out of one's hands... it's gone. If people share, well that makes the world a better place, doesn't it?

G

Rodney, no offense but what makes the world a better place is if people could be held at their word. If a condition of getting a cut is not to hand out cuts and you don't like that condition then don't take the fucking cut. A person of charactor does not break his word, period.

To get back to this thread, I think there had to be a mixup or mis-mark of clones somewhere. Plants grown under different enviorments can vary greatly but it just doesn't sound like the chemdog d cut. Although not a real bad yielder chemdog d is by no means a commercial yielder except in quality. As far as frost goes, it does get a respectable amount of frost but it's not the frostiest in my garden however it is the most potent even picked at eight weeks. She does get a lil tall but she is lanky, stanky and danky. She does get a funk, I can only grow a few in my garden at a time for odor issues. The only thing that makes sense to me is that somewhere down the line there was a clone mislabeling.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
excellent reporting BC :) lovely budshots as well ;)

so which g13 cut would u consider your favorite?

be good, bee cee

JJ-NYC

Rudedude said:
Rodney, no offense but what makes the world a better place is if people could be held at their word. If a condition of getting a cut is not to hand out cuts and you don't like that condition then don't take the fucking cut. A person of charactor does not break his word, period.
Very well said. Keeping your word is a judgement of charactor and is a direct reflection of what "kind" of person you really are and who you are, until you get what you want and then the real "rat" comes out. If your word is no good, then what good are you?

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
:pointlaug It's just a plant! I dont understand these rules with clones only's. What would be wrong with sharing it so others could see what all the hype and fuss is over? I'm done bickering. lol

G

REZDOG said:
[bI can tell you-the Chemdog D Clone is Very Closely Held,and it's not supposed to be handed out without Chem's permission....

Cheers![/b]

think thats out the window Rez, ChemD and the #4 are all over the place, and wont be to long before theres many crosses about.

CBF

Status
Not open for further replies.