What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's GRAPE KRUSH

I

indicalover

King raved about blueberry also, I don't really find it suspicious, there are a lot of die hard DJ fans out there. I have not smoked the cali kush plants so I can't compare. I do know that for uniqueness in taste and high, and the quality of the high, most of DJ's gear stands out from the crowd in my opinion. If you read the reports and descriptions on this site, most people love his strains if they have grown them.

I have also read the blueberry is weak, this is not my experience, but there are more powerful strains out there. Just because a strain does not completely crush you does not make it weak. It all depends on what you are looking for. I think blueberry has one of the nicest highs that I have experienced.

I don't really know shit about Jason King, but DJ's genetics should not be taken less seriously because of King's comments.

Socrates

DJ himself talks about how he breeds for the quality of the final product, and that potency is a secondary consideration for him. I think this is why some people are underwhelmed with his strains; they don't all leave you immediately floored on the first hit. That's okay with me, as it's not what I'm going for; if you're looking for a mind-numbing, face-crushing stone, those are out there. If you're looking for unique smoke carefully selected for the quality of high, it seems that DJ is hard to beat - hence why I just purchased a pack of GK myself. I'll let everyone know how they turn out once I finally have a chance to run them.

G

i see why you call your self the inspector..LOL

ahhh yes..Plum Bud...the memories.

Cartelero37

Very nice! even after 2 1/2 months and still no ceiling, no burnout and the flavor deepens! I have a pack of Dj Shorts Blueberry and F-13. I was debating on Grape Krush, but after reading your whole thread, I will be adding The Grape Krush to the stable! ;) Peace!

This is an Excellent Report, I have smoked some Grape Krush on a few occasions and the smoke is excellent with a unique grapeness really like Welch's grape jam but not rivaling Purple Urkel/Urple in flavor or power. I have grown DJ's original blueberry a few years ago and it was incredible in both taste and High, but it brought Spider Mites to the Garden like nothing else, alot of people were having similar problems so it kind of fell out of favor. I grew out True Blueberry a few months ago and was amazed through the flowering faze with the amazing purple hues the bud was all purple. It had a 9 on taste an a 2 on stone packed no punch whatsoever on two separate grows. But the Grape Krush is very unique and top tier this is an excellent thread I look forward to seeing more.

I am wierded out by this new strain because I have been working with a line forever from years ago that smells exactly like grape cool aid.

Hi, everyone.

I'm glad this thread has been informative and enjoyable.

Here are a couple fresh GK picks. I have four about this size that will be harvested in the near future.

I still marvel at the smell and taste of this weed. It is truly unique and wonderful... with a great buzz. I can't speak for all DJ Short's strains, but this one is a winner for sure, and I would take my chances to grow anything he puts out.

As for Jason King, well, I admire him a lot. I don't always agree with his reports. But, he was into great ganja photography BEFORE most everyone else... and I'm jealous of him that he has smoked SO MUCH incredible weed. Though a few entries look like advertisement blogs, the majority of them in the Cannabibles are his genuine smoke impressions, I think... I've enjoyed those books alot.

But, Jason, time to invest in more expensive camera equipment, if you want to sell future editions of Cannabible (and I hope you do)! Take a look around!

Peace, and green gardens to all. :headbange

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
Again lovely report u did, I probably read it once a week to live vicariously until I get them beans. Did you happen to mention the yield on her? I ask because JK and the official descrip say pretty decent yield. Totally agree on your opinion of JK, I've got all 3 of his books. Do you still feel the crinkle is due only to overwatering? Did you try cutting later and if so which is best? Keep on keepin on.

Oh, Phog, and others interested... I grew mine from seeds. I only started 6 seeds and got (I can't remember now, how many girls; it seems like a long time ago.... the girls were all the same phenotype, though... I think you can expect to get a winner if you buy the seeds. I have a "minimom" of it now. I gave the rest of my seeds to a friend, but it's too soon to know how those will turn out; they're on the way, I'm told.

I wonder if others growing or who have already grown it have gotten the same phenotype I did?

Hi aeric... I'm still not sure about the crinkling. It shows up in early veg, no matter what I do, but grows right out of it... I think it is caused by "too much testosterone" (ha, ha)... or hormones, I mean... but I don't know. Still, go with light soil and let her dry out thoroughly between waterings, and she'll do well.

The more you veg, the more you get. I'll probably get an ounce of dried bud out of that plant pictured above, maybe more... maybe less. Take that with a grain of salt though; it's a wild guess. I haven't bought any bud in years, and I don't have scales, so I'm just guessing about the yield; but hopefully the pic gives you an idea. That's just a regular size poster board behind the plant.
The buds are quite heavy now.

That clone vegged for at least a month, I think.

Last edited:
great thread...grape krush rocks! by far the best strain at the IC cup two years ago by JLP. How that didn't win first is ? i would love to try some grap bubble or dry seive :headbange

XxJ03YxX

Nice report and awesome buds. I had some Afghani Kush, and it was phenominal! I can't imagine what GK must be like. Awesome buds!

A.N.Other

very enjoyable report and some really great looking plants. looking forward to trying this one at sometime next year. :wave:

TW: nice report, heres some of another GK pheno

TW: nice report, heres some of another GK pheno

Lovely girls you have there, heres another pheno if i may share. the pics were just as i started the flush, harvest came 18 days later, the colors become much more exprested.

Grow for all the right reasons, Peace. GF

Very nice, GF.

How long did those flower?

Please do return and describe the buzz and flavor, etc., and your assessment. Thanks!