What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

About to lose my crop. Every plant showing weird problems plz help!

Hey guys, this all started like 3 days ago with my plants. I don't really know what changed but everything was doing great in my garden up until this point. Last week i used roots excelurator as an additive to my plants just to see how it worked, left it out over night and it started to gunk up and smell rotten, but i still poured it in on my plants (because thats how i thought it was suppose to be) well long story short the plants started smelling bad and the tent smelt rotten for some reason (coming from the root zone i believe). Here are my plants what are these grey spots and white specs i am seeing? I tried to zoom in with a microscope but didnt see anything crawling per say and nothing on the back side of the leaf. I did add a small amount of bleach into their feedings a couple days ago but all their leaves are curling up and getting these grey spots.

I have a really hard time believing nutrient burn because i havent changed nutrient strength in the ones that are flowering for 2-3 weeks now.

Ganja Maker

Grey or white spots on your leaves could be signs of PM.
I would check your humidity and airflow. I'm not saying this is your prob for sure, but one thing to look into.

humidity is 30%
more pics.

update: checked under side of my plants there are no black bugs...

chance it might be an ozone generator causing this?

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran

As long as the Ozone generator isn't in the room you're growing in and doesn't run to long, it should be fine. I run 50-70% humidity through out flowering. People have been posting the new graphs that show how much better it is for a flowering plant to have higher humidity even in say week 8 of flowering. You really have to watch for bud rot but if done correctly one can really yield well. It is sometimes really hard to tell what may be causing the problem. I would up the humidity and cut the ozone off for a week and see what happens. Good luck man maybe someone with more information/knowledge can help. I have never had a problem such as that.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like you got something on the leaves that burned them. If not then the roots were damaged.

toastfighter2

I'm leaning towards a ph issue, but scrape a half inch into your medium and see if there are bugs crawling around just in case.

snuggles

looks like a ph problem to me, as well.
you're locking out nutrients and the plants are showing you this.
greets

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Looks like mechanical damage to me. Is there a fan blowing hard on them all the time? Secondly, have you sprayed them at all lately?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It looks like a ph issue that is causing lockout/ over-absortion of certain nutes. I say that, because I just had a similar problem, with similar symtoms, and too low of ph was the culprit.

That roots excel can drastically lower the ph of water. Especially if your using RO water. would test the run-off ph and go from there

Z

Ziggaro

A lot of those pics do look like bugs.. Some leaves look like mite damage, but I can't tell between mites and thrips tbh. Luckily, I only have a little bit of 1st hand knowledge on the subject
The young plant with black leaves turning up.. If that's not nute burn then I should probably find a new hobby if I can't see that by now.
It also looks like it might be hot in there with the margins standing up like that. The leaves are trying to prevent loss of moisture. That can happen with heat but plants respond similarly to excess salts. You did add the RE to what you were already giving, right? How much ppm did that add? It lists ammonium nitrate and potassium hydroxide on the bottle.
There's almost no way all the symptoms I see are related..you've got a couple things going on there.

UPDATE: I checked massively for bugs using my macro lens couldnt find a single bug! I spent about 6 hours yesterday doing research browsing the web checking out pictures of other peoples grows and i came to the conclusion of a couple of things:

First, is that i think the roots excelurator turned anerobic and thats why it started smelling all rotten and sewagy and i think thats what started this problem and created a nutrient lockout in some of the plants (i noticed the roots excelurator would change my ph solution by nearly a full point overnight). The roots excelurator was turning chunky in my nutrient mix and smelt like straight sewage and i should have never given that to my plants (i thought that's how it suppose to smell). I also noticed the same thing with my Veg+Bloom from Hydroponic Research because i think it has organics in it as well. What i was doing was mixing my nutrient solution into gallon jugs without an airstone or water pump and just letting them sit from overnight to anywhere to a day-5 days depending on my feeding schedule. In the process of this i noticed the veg+bloom was getting nasties as well the roots excelurator! I never had this problem with maxibloom

Second, I over reacted to this by adding a massive OZONE generator into my grow room (not tent) but the ozone generator was for a house of 3500SQ FT and i put it in a 400SQ foot room. I let it run for 24 hours and looking back on it this all started once i started running my ozone generator. The smell from the OZONE was so strong you didn't even want to walk in the room. THAT BEING SAID - i think the OZONE is what burned the majority of my plants. If you look at the spots on the leaves they are classic OZONE damage based off my research on google (type in "ozone leaf damage") and browse images. Another symptom is leaves turned crispy literally overnight and plants are well hydrated. Long story short:

Yesterday i removed the OZONE generator and changed all of my nutrients back to Maxibloom artificial salts and added a small amount of SM90 into the various nutrient mixes (i have plants at couple different stages of life).

Woke up this morning and plants look alot healthier here are some of the pictures. What do you guys think?

you can see how my small baby is slowly recovering and looks much better today. I have a hard time believing that insects could damage a crop nearly overnight as they were healthy as can be friday morning before i hooked up the massive ozone generator in my room where my tent is. I don't know how well organics plus hempy buckets work but i might stick to artifical salts for the time being.

Also PH has never been off as its been 5.5-6.0 and this is being confirmed with 2 PH Pens Hanna and Bluelab. I am double checking my work and confirming by calibrating immediately before so i know nutrient mix going in was fine.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
way over thinking it! Keep it simple! Better luck on the next one.

What grow medium are you using? Sorry if I missed it I tried looking, you mention your ph but what are they in? coco?

Ratzilla

Veteran
Congratulation in coming to a decision.
Always the hardest to think before we act.
Think dog chasing tail.
If having a problem my plants usually tells me if I went in the RIGHT or WRONG direction within hours.
Ratz

Dr.King

Veteran
UPDATE: I checked massively for bugs using my macro lens couldnt find a single bug! I spent about 6 hours yesterday doing research browsing the web checking out pictures of other peoples grows and i came to the conclusion of a couple of things:

First, is that i think the roots excelurator turned anerobic and thats why it started smelling all rotten and sewagy and i think thats what started this problem and created a nutrient lockout in some of the plants (i noticed the roots excelurator would change my ph solution by nearly a full point overnight). The roots excelurator was turning chunky in my nutrient mix and smelt like straight sewage and i should have never given that to my plants (i thought that's how it suppose to smell). I also noticed the same thing with my Veg+Bloom from Hydroponic Research because i think it has organics in it as well. What i was doing was mixing my nutrient solution into gallon jugs without an airstone or water pump and just letting them sit from overnight to anywhere to a day-5 days depending on my feeding schedule. In the process of this i noticed the veg+bloom was getting nasties as well the roots excelurator! I never had this problem with maxibloom

Second, I over reacted to this by adding a massive OZONE generator into my grow room (not tent) but the ozone generator was for a house of 3500SQ FT and i put it in a 400SQ foot room. I let it run for 24 hours and looking back on it this all started once i started running my ozone generator. The smell from the OZONE was so strong you didn't even want to walk in the room. THAT BEING SAID - i think the OZONE is what burned the majority of my plants. If you look at the spots on the leaves they are classic OZONE damage based off my research on google (type in "ozone leaf damage") and browse images. Another symptom is leaves turned crispy literally overnight and plants are well hydrated. Long story short:

Yesterday i removed the OZONE generator and changed all of my nutrients back to Maxibloom artificial salts and added a small amount of SM90 into the various nutrient mixes (i have plants at couple different stages of life).

Woke up this morning and plants look alot healthier here are some of the pictures. What do you guys think?

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63301&pictureid=1493386&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63301&pictureid=1493385&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63301&pictureid=1493384&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63301&pictureid=1493383&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63301&pictureid=1493382&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

you can see how my small baby is slowly recovering and looks much better today. I have a hard time believing that insects could damage a crop nearly overnight as they were healthy as can be friday morning before i hooked up the massive ozone generator in my room where my tent is. I don't know how well organics plus hempy buckets work but i might stick to artifical salts for the time being.

Also PH has never been off as its been 5.5-6.0 and this is being confirmed with 2 PH Pens Hanna and Bluelab. I am double checking my work and confirming by calibrating immediately before so i know nutrient mix going in was fine.

Great you found out what the problem was. Also glad you check the Ozone. I personally do not like them because of the kind of problems they can create( even health problems to humans/animals ). I personally like using Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect so I never have to worry about my Ph being off. Perfect plants almost everytime. Works for most strains but longer flowering Sativas if one does use AN you just need to calculate for longer doses for each week which is pretty easy it's just common sense in my mind. Best of luck to you and your future grows :).