What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

Goony_NZ

HEy dudes, im a kiwi grower yahoo! doesnt look like there is much activity on this thread aye.....
Just starting a 250 watt grow cab for a couple of plants in a scrog, cab also has a built in area for clones and mums. Pics up shortly ! :pointlaug

K

kiwi_growa

hey all, iv currently got a lil girl in budding. strain is called cherry blossum does that sound familiar to any of you?. heres some pics

Triband

^^^ Looks like a nice strain!

Hi all. I was a longtime member at Overgrow, but only just signed up for an account here. Looks like the Kiwi thread's pretty quite, but here's a pic of my current grow. They're Mother's Finest and Grandma's Remedy, pretty fine sativa-based strains.

So did most Overgrow people end up here, or did we all just fade out?

I wish you all good luck in your horticultural endeavors. :smile:

NZGROWN

Holysh!t...

Holysh!t...

I started this thread over a year ago and hadn't had much of a chance to surf the ol' growing websites in that time, just guessed my password and away we go once more.

Good to see a whole bunch of devoted soldiers have made some effort to keep NZ green

Triband, I def remember that name from O.G(i can almost remember your avatar, I remember something about it looked like a sombrero). I was digiskunk, ended up hooking up some mint little clones of that site. The funniest thing is that the dude who had them lived right round the corner! They were the days though eh? Wish they would bring O.G back

Anyway, I might as well have a dig around now for some snaps of the 07 outdoor bud season(apologies for the poor quality on some, they were all taken on my phone)...

Triband

Whoa, nice pics!!

NZGROWN said:
Triband, I def remember that name from O.G(i can almost remember your avatar, I remember something about it looked like a sombrero). I was digiskunk, ended up hooking up some mint little clones of that site.

:smoke: Good to see you again. Yeah I was trying to find where I put that avatar, but dunno where it ended up. Funnily enough just before OG ended I was arranging over PM to swap some clones with someone and then the site disappeared before we got each others details!

So to assuage my misery, I went overseas for a holiday, but when I got back all my mother's had died! So now I've started again from seed which is a bit of a pain. :frown:

Anyone see on Police 10-7 last night, they busted a grow house with about 100 plants. Looked damn tasty.

edit: Whoa, found my old avatar!

Last edited:

Got Buds?

yay kiwis...
relieved to see some brothers growing...
just popped a single seed....
will see how it goes.....
might have some pics in a week or two...xD
wish me luck...
btw would love to see more kiwi grows =P

BudgetBud

Nice grows boys.
Moved to aus 4 years ago, lived in chch, and wallyduck those picks bring back memories :puppydoge
I'd agree with the lack of hydro in nz, but with that hole in the ozone who needs hydro.
Keep up the pics, love seeing what i'm missing out on.
Can't wait to go back and score some bzp, after having them i'll never look at extacy the same way.

Triband

BudgetBud said:
Nice grows boys.
Can't wait to go back and score some bzp, after having them i'll never look at extacy the same way.

You'd better hurry, they'll be outlawed by the end of the year. Stupid idiot government... :cuss:

However I hope that makes the supply of E etc increase to take up the slack, it could be a good thing for us illegal drug partakers. I managed to pick up some pure MDMA powder the other day, so looks like things are on the up and up! :D

Weedzer

Hey all

Another Kiwi checkin in. Just a warning to you all, i saw today in the paper someone got done for importing WW seeds from oversea's somewhere. Found in a cd case by customs. So might pay to give it some time or find a new method of hiding them if you had planned on bringing some in for this summer.

Anyways, good to see some others keeping New Zealand green!! :joint: :headbange

N

NZjay

hey some action in this thread!

Beautiful looking plants NZGrown!
i grow hydro, but im not in NZ right now.. but i will be one day growing some killer Kiwi Hydro... eventually.. lol :)

Rugby World Cup coming up boyz!! this is OUR year! !

smoke on Kiwis, and Kia Kaha!
some pics of my last harvest:

The left side of the closet...... (note the center latches)

.........and the right side.

i have just started a new grow and thread. click below and check it out! :)

Last edited:

Cuban B

Wow NZJay, nice grow!! What strain is that? Nice to see some action on the Kiwi thread, nothing like getting bombed then watching the All Black (I was at Eden Park for the last Tri Nations game against the Wallabies). I'm in the middle of a grow myself, White Skunk grown organically in peat using Earth Juice nutes. Here are some pics, enjoy!! :

Weedzer

Dang both of you have a good thing going on! :headbange NZjay, bring those skills back home bro! And damm straight this year is our year for the world cup! Those are some nice White Skunks you got goin on there Cuban. Anyone recommend a good strain for our climate - outdoors?

Peace,
Weedzer

N

NZjay

Cuban: hey man.. well in those pics there were 3 different strains...
On the left side in the pic, all you see is purple Urkle. (1 pound+ after it dried)
On the right side is New York City Deisel, and Mazar. together, also pulling a pound+ after dry.
shooting for twice that this grow, after improvements and alterrations to my room.
Your Skunk looks....well.. Skunky! make sure to gimmie a smoke report when you are puffin on that!
how long till chop chop?

Weedzer: hey dude, thanx for coming to my thread and posting :D
i havnt grown in NZ, but WHEN i eventually do, i would be looking for a Sativa dominate strain i think. saying that, im sure anything would do pretty damn good under the intense NZ sun. check out the soil growers forums and find a good soil mix to feed them, and i doubt ANY MJ plant will have any probs.
GL though!

Cuban B

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. My plants are due to be murdered in about 1 week going by the seed pack info, though I honestly think they could go longer (45-50 days, my ass White Label Seeds). This strain is a cross of White Widow and Ultra skunk, so I figure it could go 60-65 more like WW.

NZjay, how was the Mazar? I ask because for my next grow I was thinking about growing either that, or PoG by the Flying Dutchmen. Do you have a recommendation if the choice is between these two? I grow indoors, so the wet NZ enviroment is not an issue.

Here are a few updated pics of my grow, stay safe everyone!

N

NZjay

Cuban: Dude, great looking plants! i got nothing against Mazar, i dont want to deter you from a good solid, (and very hardy) strain.
ive grown if for 4 years now... and they were 4 learning grows. (although, what grow isnt) Which makes me wonder if ive ever had it come out at its best potential.

saying that, my experiance with her was a good one. shes very good against mold, and diseases. shes a good yeilder.
her taste is fruity, and skunky. (got best of her flavour using Mother Earth Tea in last week of flower)
You can taste the Skunk in the strain. but thats not a bad thing. shes smells GREAT when growing.
When smoked out of a joint.. you get the "numb lip" feeling where the joint was. (i love that feeling..lol) smoke 1 joint between 4 ppl, and youll all be body stoned. :)

heres a pic of my last Mazar after 4 years with her. she was a clone i threw outside, in pre mixed soil. and i take water to her every few days. done some Super Cropping and tying down and shes doing just fine for some personal.
you wont be disapointed... but over the top flavour explosion, top of the line she is not. never tasted
Pot of Gold, so i cant give you any info on her. sorry!

heres a pic of my Mazar outside. she started flowering really eary in the season, and stayed suprisingly short. (shes a tall plant):

hope this helps with your choice... theres so many good strains out there.. its getting harder and harder each year! good luck though!

Kia Kaha!

N

NZjay

Any kiwis still alive??

lets see ya RWC stash! GO ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pursie

hi

hi

Go AB's, got my supplies ready :) for w/cup viewing, Weathers looking better, still four seasons in one day though.

celtic stone

skywalker

hollands hope

N

NZjay

great looking girls Pursie!

i had some hollands hope beens once, but ...actualy i dont remember what happened to them.. but i never got to try it. how does she taste?...
that celtic is good looking... nice big buds! Enjoy that one when we win the WC!

Pursie

Cheers mate. Hhope was the most thc crystal laiden plant i've had yet. Not a strong hit. good midday smoke.

Skywalker was a nice tasting hit, excellent morning glory.

Celtic stone ( wrong pic above :( ) - big yeider and heavy smoke. hard hit which put me on my butt. These grows were a while ago. Got given some blueberry buds for the w/cup.
peace