What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrow Australia 2011/12

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I am so freaking tempted to put my plants out now...must control myself. It's mild and warm where I am but I know snow can return. I could put them in at a lower altitude but these girls will still flower immediately until they have more daylight hours.

So they're just going to have to kick back under an HPS for a little bit longer.

Patience.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Patience is a virtue :smoke:

Having said that it isnt one im good at. :D Got some babies out under glass again and some more mature ladies that were struggling as bit indoors. They been out for weeks and ticking along. They have started to flower but they are healthy. Going to take cuttings next new moon and put em under 24hours fluro lights.

I also invested in some cheap solar lights to put next to my babies and the mature plants. Apparently it takes very little additional lighting to keep em in veg.

One of the bonus's of living in Tassie is the long days in summer. Plenty of time for me to get my babies booming. I work on xmas time being the cut-off point for new uns.

:smoweed:

Joeski

Hi Guys Thought it was about time I chimed in on this years outdoor season...
These have been going for about 5 weeks now.... 1 plant is lagging extremely and likely to get scrapped soon... plans to get a few more seeds going soon as well... when it warms up more...

Mini Vegging Greenhouse from Bunnings helps to get a head start on this unusual season...

2 - Chemdogg DD X Ak47 Auto (Feminised)

And all together.. Pink pots 3x MBS... Blue Pots - Chemdogg DD X Ak47 Auto (Feminised) and a little P30 x C99 which is likely gonna get scraped cause growth has been slow...

More to come soon when I pop more beans and these get transplanted and start doing there thing...
Hows everyone elses going so far?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
a fair way into flower with many varieties already ,
some not so keen to do so , but mostly lots of flowers ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Joeski

Looking superb as usuall Don.. Keep up the good work... oh n Cheers High Country, cant wait to see your Indicas outdoors getting there freak on...

Armchair Travel

G'day again, took the advice of the blokes on this forum on my little plants with balls & pulled them, planted some more beans with only one popped, which isn't surprising - considering the personal crap of the last few weeks including a modem that cracked it.
But what gob smacking grows you blokes are doing, it is truly inspiring & you're willing to share your knowledge to boot.:tiphat:

drobdude

hey donald, what strains are you using mate and what time do you plant....i ask cause alot of the dutch stuff goes to flower really fast...i get around 14hrs of light in summer ....cheers bud....awesome pics btw

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
G'day again, took the advice of the blokes on this forum on my little plants with balls & pulled them, planted some more beans with only one popped, which isn't surprising - considering the personal crap of the last few weeks including a modem that cracked it.
But what gob smacking grows you blokes are doing, it is truly inspiring & you're willing to share your knowledge to boot.:tiphat:

Keep going...one day a girl will appear and clone the fuck out of her...you never know it might just be a keeper...a mother plant.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey donald, what strains are you using mate and what time do you plant....i ask cause alot of the dutch stuff goes to flower really fast...i get around 14hrs of light in summer ....cheers bud....awesome pics btw

It's probably too long manmy longest day is 13 hrs and still bordering with reveg on many

drobdude

hey mate, thnx for the speedy reply. im after stuff that wont flower to soon basically, so if there revegging for you that would be perfect in 14 hrs. what strains do you have success with...i tried the mental floss after seeing yours a few yrs back....but others like skunk 1 and belladonna are like little head on a stick....nirvana northern lights ad dp ultra skunk was good, got some kalis and femd destroyer on the go to and experimenting with exile....is there lots of sativa running through your genetics or are they sat ind crosses , cheers donald

bushweed

Veteran
In my rough estimation I'd say anywhere in Oz north of Sydney you're looking at 60/40 sat/indica crosses (Zoidfuel, SSH, Jack Herer etc.), up to full sativas outdoors (TH Hz, SE Asian & tropical landraces, acclimated Oz sativas). South of Sydney - 60/40 indica/sat crosses (C99, Skunk etc.), to full indica outdoors (NL, Mazari, Pakistani etc.) But we are blessed with a great growing climate, so truth is you can grow full sats and full indices just about everywhere with some success.

drobdude

hey bushweed, thanks for the info mate, ive been watching some of your threads as well..really inspiring stuff...you got me keen on shantis nevilles....they looked amazing....after seeing the MM i wonder how similar aces golden tiger would be i think its thai x guatamalen...the thai influence looks strong in the MM for sure....good luck with the summer adventures mate

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well things are finally really starting to get into gear down Tas.

It was show day couple days ago. This is the time to get those frost senstitive plants out into the great outdoors. :D

Personally i have had these babies out for about 4 weeks. They have been growing slowly but surely. A good root system on many and defo ready for a repot and a place in the sun. They are in 600ml cream containers and topdressed with composted blood n bone.

Technique

Maynnn i am still waiting to get mine outside! so annoying i put a few testers out of each variety i got and they have gone into pre flower/flowering.. so back under the fluro for them!

gotta wait a few more weeks it seems... I did however manage to get a cross of Chimeras C4 (Smelly Male) with a special skunk from Female seeds.. from early on this season.. might get the C4 to spread his love powder to something else soon too.

So far i got A few girls of each..

BOG - Sweet Cindy
FMS - Pure Ak
FMS - Skunk Special
Joey Weed - AKxC99
Serious - Chronic
Chimera - C4

attachment.php

attachment.php

Am having a few problems at the moment so they are back onto ph'd rain water untill it goes.. i did try a 400hps in there for a few days too tho some got a little burnt (tho not on the tops which i thought was strange) may have been a mg over feed also..

My soil was a bit hot too i think. blood and bone too much..

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 9
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 10

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Righty o lets get this show back on the road.

Got my babies into the ground over the past few days. Been a wonderful warm and wet spring down here! Which is great for my plants but also been very nice for the slugs! The little slimy buggers! Lost about half of my new seedlings over night as they popped their heads out of the soil. Since then i go out every night with a torch and drop em in some beer traps. Seems to be doing the trick and they certainly like my homebrew :smoke:

These are my White rhino x Reclining buddah/Satori crosses. Hoping they get the fast growth and early finish of the Rhino's combined with the large buds of the Satori and the overall awesomess of the Buddah's :rasta:

These are all spots from last year or the year before. Soil is turning from heavy clay to more of a nice loam as the humus builds up. Made a rough mound and 'moat' around each plant to catch the rainwater. Going to apply some ferts and mulch in a week or so.

Also got some girls in containers that are destined for 55 litre garbage bins full of soiless medium.

Joeski

Looking good SilverSurfer..... you have reminded me i need to do some updates.. fair bit of progress since I last posted.... will do it tommorow...
Different seasons come and change, end of winter hibernation

Nice SS, that White Rhino cross of yours sounds interesting, i grew the Rhino indoors some years back, and when it was ready it looked like it had an inch of snow on her. Hope she turns out evil for you mate, all the best.

BUNDY...

Joeski

2 Months in working with 5 plants.. keepin it small this year :(

2 Months in working with 5 plants.. keepin it small this year :(

Hey all been a bit of a slow start to the season.. less plants than i would have liked but such is life... I have 3 MBS here about 2 months old... 2 in big pots and 1 in the ground against a brick wall...

The other 2 plants are Chemdogg DD x Auto AK47s which are about 10 days into flower now... should be a nice little stash for end of january.. yipppppeeee