What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Fanatics - Australia

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good Ted.

There is no doubt the Life Force program is excellent but i believe i can and do achieve similar results with things like comfrey, kelp, homemade compost and chook poo which will be much less costly. Having said that the humic acid granules are very affordable and go a long way...

T

Teddybrae

thanks for yr input, Silver. I have no precedents for organic gardening (and am not intuitive in the garden) so I need a "template" at least to begin ...

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah gotcha. Honestly the best advice is from people like Peter Cundell and Tino Carnevale from Gardening Australia. What works for broccoli or tomatoes will work for weed. Just keep in mind marijuana is a complete nutrient whore and will love you for doubling the amount you would give these food crops. Especially potassium... have fun with it bro and if you are comfortable report back on your success or failure.

T

Teddybrae

Yeah gotcha. Honestly the best advice is from people like Peter Cundell and Tino Carnevale from Gardening Australia. What works for broccoli or tomatoes will work for weed. Just keep in mind marijuana is a complete nutrient whore and will love you for doubling the amount you would give these food crops. Especially potassium... have fun with it bro and if you are comfortable report back on your success or failure.

I have discovered that if mulching with Lucerne, and it's chopped up, once it's watered, the end result is golden slime! which must completely block oxygen out and would probly kill the soil life for a while. So a second LOT of Dolomite was needed to sweeten the rot.

(BTW local farmers say there is no such thing as Lucerne Chaff. "Chaff" applies to grasses which Lucerne is not.)

Within two days of placing the mulch the clods of soil began to disintegrate and the whole bed heated up. middle of winter and soil bed temps are between 24.5C and 25.5C. there is a LOT of chook poo in the bed!

Anyway, all is looking good ... Cheers ...

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lucerne can get nasty indoors with blue mould but never had a prob outdoors. It also inhibits the growth or germination of weeds which is a bonus...

You are making compost in situ haha nice one :plant grow:

joodzr

When to plant outdoors in adelaide?

When to plant outdoors in adelaide?

Just had a question when to put seeds/clones outdoors, ive put a clone of northern light in out side october the 17th just gotten onto 13hrs day light and increasing and going to head already Just wondering if anyone knows a safe time guaranteed not to go to head but stay in veg till fall. Any advice appriatiated. Cheers guys

ozzieAI

Veteran
Just had a question when to put seeds/clones outdoors, ive put a clone of northern light in out side october the 17th just gotten onto 13hrs day light and increasing and going to head already Just wondering if anyone knows a safe time guaranteed not to go to head but stay in veg till fall. Any advice appriatiated. Cheers guys

i have been vegging indoors and flowering outdoors for years now...clones will go into flower straight away when put out...seed plants take about 2 weeks longer...regardless of the time of year...i grow plants to a good size before putting outside to get a decent harvest...

good luck

joodzr

Thanks ozzie. So u rekon it will finish flowering or it will go into reveg? Its a bout a foot n a half bush lol

ozzieAI

Veteran
i found clones rarely reveg...they can though...

seed stock definitely can reveg...they can make some big gnarly bushes by the time the daylight hours change...

in my experience sativa dominant plants grown from seed are the most likely to reveg...

Latest posts

Latest posts