What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Send Well Wishes to Stoner4Life...

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Stoner4Life had a near tragedy today as he was topping off a tire for a short road trip. While topping it off it blew out on him and directed it's force and possibly part of the fender into his face. His left eye (his good eye) is blackened with blurry vision. He's legally blind in the right eye. He's also experiencing a bit of hearing loss. Please send your well wishes and good karma to Stoner4Life as he recovers from this near tragedy. I don't know if any of his damages will be lasting. I pray they won't. I do know though that he'd appreciate hearing from his IC friends right now, and could use a pick me up.

Get well and a speedy recovery Stoner4Life. Thankfully things were not worse. You had someone looking out for you today my friend.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
holy cow, that sucks!

hoping for a speedy and comfortable recovery.....

T

TrichyTrichy

Stoner lots of love to you. Praying you have no residual effects.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Hey Stoneer4Life I'm really sorry for your misfortune I'll put you in my prayers.
Get well soon I'll miss reading you interesting out looks on life and the such.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Stoner4life, sorry to hear about the accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I had a sidewall blowout, they're pretty violent. Sounded like a shotgun blast.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thanks for the thoughts and wishes my friends, while not quite as miraculous as walking away from an airplane crash I'm actually lucky to be alive today. RV/truck tires are usually rated @ 105 psi which is 3 times as much pressure as a car tire and of course 4 or 5 times larger.

while loading the tire with air I was checking my gauge (an accurate $30 air gauge) and had 95 psi, I was adding more when suddenly the sidewall gave way w/an ear splitting explosion. I was shook up greatly and blown back about 10 feet, I was wearing some cheater glasses to read the gauge w/and so I'm assuming this saved my eye from any debris speeding at me, my ears were ringing madly and my heart was racing until I was able to settle down, having already suffered both a heart attack and stroke I was worried about my excitement level. After a short while I calmed enough to move my coach out of the way of the parking lot, I was close enough to home that a local offered me a ride.

I returned today to unlock the spare tire for a mechanic to remove and to examine the damage, I will be posting pics of the tire and damage done to the coach by the explosion at a later date. The explosion caused body panels to be torn apart & the fiberglass laminate shredded, there were sheared screws and other metal debris littering the lot that I could see today, wires are hanging loose, two marker lights shattered. Looking @ the tire as if it were a clocks face it was split on the sidewall from 9 to 3 o'clock which means the blast was directed up and toward me, the shape of the fender well itself directs the blast outward. squatting down all hunched over we figured my face was no more than 12 inches from the sidewall when it blew out.

I got a small shiner out of the deal and have been picking embedded dirt/debris from the skin around my eye all day, my left ear has a tinkling sound in it reminding me of the musical sound a crystal chandelier makes but non-stop. my chest is sore from either the blast or from the exertion of my heart trying to climb out of it.

with the exception of the new sound in my ears I expect to look & feel as though nothing has happened in a week or two.

thanks again for the warm wishes you all.......

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Hope that you recover well.

This has been on my mind lately when filling or checking my tires. I have consciously not been looking in the direction of the tire while filling it. This happened to someone else I know recently. They were lucky as well, considering what could have happened. An RV tire sounds way more dangerous.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Stoner, Dude!!...... Glad to hear your ok,truck tires been known to kill.
Stay safe, let the tire guy fill them from now on.
Namaste.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow S4L!! Im sure glad you are okay, could have been sooo much worse. Scary stuff, good thing your okay somewhat. Never know what will happen in life. Be safe

hiker

Stoner4Life, so glad to hear that you are mostly well. Hope that the ringing in your ears goes away. I think that after awhile it will, may take a little but it will get there. Take care of yourself.

BRNEYDBVR

Close call....

Glad to hear that you escaped with minimal damage. I hope that your ear stops ringing soon.....might want to get that checked out.

It could have been much worse though....just imagine if your casting hand was in front of that tire instead of your head.... Maaan, you wouldn't have been able to go fishin' for months!....lol.....J/K!

I wish you a speedy recovery friend!

ambertrich

Veteran
Stoner4Life, glad to hear you escaped more serious injury, bro.

Just please be sure to be careful the next few days that you did not hurt yourself worse than you feel right now.

Best Wishes for a full and total recovery.

R

rick shaw

Holy shit,glad it wasn't worse. Prayers and good thoughts are with you.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn man, I love ya dude I really hope your okay sending mega good karma & prayers :respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts