What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mazar by Dutch Passion

rsh

sunnyside said:

This Afghan/Skunk was produced by Dutch Passion with the main goals being to improve taste and yield all while maintaining a THC percentage near 20%. After being reworked in 97 Mazar came in second at the Cannabis Cup in 99.

The taste is perfume/pine/floral/incense, in that order. I don’t know why but I associate her taste and smell as being feminine, I think it has something to do with her pink and purple hues. And her smell is nothing I would naturally associate with cannabis. Even in flower her buds smell more like something you would smell in a florist shop rather than a skunks den. The yield is better than average as well. This plant grows like a pole with minimal side branching, which makes this plant ideal for SOG techniques. The unassuming smell and yield make this strain ideal for commercial purposes. What also makes this bud appealing is it’s jar appeal. Not as pretty as some, but it has an exotic look to it.

The high is pretty strong, but I find that it lacks character. I always get ripped off of her but, for some reason I always feel unsatisfied. Even after a large sized joint, even though I might be stoned to the bone, I feel like I need something else. DP says that this strain is up close to 20%, but that sounds a little high for what I have here. If anything I would say Mazar is a bit milder than most strains I’ve tried. Women absolutely love this strain. I have yet to find a selection that the ladies like more. Maybe it is the ’feminine' smell and taste, or maybe it is because it is milder than most. Either way I am a happy camper :) So if you have any lady tokers in your life that you would like to treat. Grow em some Mazar and they will love you forever!!!

As you can see in the pics, I have grown bushes and sog's with good results from both. Enjoy! :)

Nice pictures

Sacrimon

I've ran mazar a few times now...its some skunky smoke. I found about 4 different phenos out of 11 seeds, and I really found little variation in the high of any of them. I did find one pheno that was a bit more frosty and uppity, but so slightly it barely mattered. The mazar of mine looks nothing like the pics above...Nor did I find any purple pheno. I noticed some purpling of leaves in early flowering but they grew out of it.

Heres a few mazar shots
p7.jpg

p6.jpg

nuggets.jpg

cure005.jpg

chop006.jpg

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I gotta clone of this strain I put straight into the flower room(Its the only room I got). Lookin for a sleep strain, hopefully it make uh me sleep.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I have 2 Mazar I Shariff plants 30 days into flower. The 2 plants are different. One had white creamy pistols and the other one has dark pink pistols. So I gather from this thread that I have the knock off version of Mazar that's not strong but looks good. And that I should like it flower for 3 months instead of 2 harvesting when resin is amber. If I could get anything other than a blurry picture I would love to post it. The pink is so colorful, approaching purple.

I still have a few seeds. Do the males have any color? If I grow them out to make seeds, and I pollinate a female that has pink or purple pistols with a male that also has a noticeable pink or purple color? Does anyone know if I can tell which plants are pink and purple by comparing leaves from other MIS plant?

I'll be back with a smoke report in about 2 months unless O smoke so much weed I forget.

Thanks for the info...

Wev

hey Face, Thanks for info friends got 5freebs stasht. Good know hear males used to breed. Not so strong you say but has yeild and looks thanks for sharing the love.

C

Cracky

Mazar from DP @ Day 62

Mazar from DP @ Day 62

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
  • M2a.jpg
    M2a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 16

greenman116

That is what Mazar is supposed to look like when grown to its full potential.

That is what Mazar is supposed to look like when grown to its full potential.

Props to Organic Hydro

That is what Mazar is supposed to look like when grown to its full potential.You used some good nutrients and skills. That looks like its gotta be at least 15% thc maybe even 20 like is said to be its maxTHC .

Last edited:

jm420

Veteran
Glad to see someone enjoy DP every run I had with dp turned out a waste of time ,The mazzar was a freebie every order and was absolute junk,.gave up after 2 runs.when I found out about gypsy.I never looked back.IMO DP isnt worth the $ .Or the wait.

purple_man

Veteran
sad to hear once more, that many people are having troubles with dp genetix... they used to be SOLID up to 2k3 or so ... i guess the raids, and outsourcing + feminized hype, took a high toll on their previous quality standards...

blessss

yes I'm super attracted to Mazar, and it takes up over 50% of my garden. Sooo sticky, but the color and smell seems different than what you're describing. Sorta floral, but kind of softened smell similar to play-doh or something I can't put my finger on. There is something irresistable about it that is feminine and I am naturally drawn to it for some reason like you're saying. I do think its the smell. Tastes great, I do loooove smoking her, but she just knocks me out and there's no middle happy or creative place with it.

As far as what girls like, I have found that The Black is my most favorite and we keep it around even though its a pain in the ass, just because I can't get enough of it. Mild high, earthy-spicy-sweet-merlot-berry flavor. All my girlfriends drool over it, more so than the Mazar-I-Sharif. just my .02 Maybe I'll post some of my mazar as things progress. Good Luck with her! ~MissGD