What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mazar by Dutch Passion

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran

This Afghan/Skunk was produced by Dutch Passion with the main goals being to improve taste and yield all while maintaining a THC percentage near 20%. After being reworked in 97 Mazar came in second at the Cannabis Cup in 99.

The taste is perfume/pine/floral/incense, in that order. I don’t know why but I associate her taste and smell as being feminine, I think it has something to do with her pink and purple hues. And her smell is nothing I would naturally associate with cannabis. Even in flower her buds smell more like something you would smell in a florist shop rather than a skunks den. The yield is better than average as well. This plant grows like a pole with minimal side branching, which makes this plant ideal for SOG techniques. The unassuming smell and yield make this strain ideal for commercial purposes. What also makes this bud appealing is it’s jar appeal. Not as pretty as some, but it has an exotic look to it.

The high is pretty strong, but I find that it lacks character. I always get ripped off of her but, for some reason I always feel unsatisfied. Even after a large sized joint, even though I might be stoned to the bone, I feel like I need something else. DP says that this strain is up close to 20%, but that sounds a little high for what I have here. If anything I would say Mazar is a bit milder than most strains I’ve tried. Women absolutely love this strain. I have yet to find a selection that the ladies like more. Maybe it is the ’feminine' smell and taste, or maybe it is because it is milder than most. Either way I am a happy camper :) So if you have any lady tokers in your life that you would like to treat. Grow em some Mazar and they will love you forever!!!

As you can see in the pics, I have grown bushes and sog's with good results from both. Enjoy! :)

G

gorgeous grow man o man sunnyside you have the green thumb man i love the purples... and chance of a dried bud shot??? beautiful grow though...

G

Very nice Sunny, i used to run Mazar and loved every bit of it.

Good show

Tex

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
is the report fairly accurate for you mazar tex? I have only grown this one pheno, so I would like to know if anyone elses is similiar. I know I talked to HOG awhile back and he said he had run Mazar forever and had never seen one turn like this one has a tendency to do. Thanks for the input. :)

G

Pretty accurate I would say.

I kept a "lemon" pheno and ran it for a year or two with great yeilds and potency.

HOG, fastracked his clones and SOG'd the shit out of them.

Tex

G

Very smooth reading report. The thoughts flow from one to the next seamlessly. Mazar was one of the strains that I wanted to grow badly when I first started out. I never got the chance. But feel that I got a good idea from your writtings. Thanks for your efforts.

Nice report sunnyside.

I grew DP's Mazar for 4 years, and lost my mother over this past summer, while my choosen pheno[from 20 beans] was not quite like yours, there were some likeness, although mine would never show any purple color no matter what the temp or flush time.

Here's a few shots of what mine looked like for comparison.

Thanx for sharing your take on DP's Mazar.

Peace

:Bolt:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
thanks for the comparison OH...I really see some similarities in the buds. The colors might vary a little, but the structures look very similiar.

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Mazar

Mazar

Hello Sunnyside, actually I grew 2 mazar DP plants last year. Interesting to see your pictures and report, because when I grew it I was very upset about its quality and worried that maybe I did something wrong....

... I think you were very diplomatic in your report.

one of my plants was white pheno, the other was purple pheno, just like yours, very very similar, you can see it in the pics. Maybe we just happened to stumble upon a same batch of seeds.

Both were the same, they had no potency, no soul, no energy whatsoever.

Bit mild was a nice thing to say of you. :)

I say it was just c....

Anyway, I had a similar result with Original Flo from DP earlier, Mazar made me quit Dutch Passion for good.

Sorry for my negativity, I did not mean to be like this in your report, only it was my no.1 let down last year, I had to spill it out once I stumbled upon your nice report.

So,first 3 pics purple pheno, last pic white pheno.

rgds, kov

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
WOW those pics look just like the pheno I have. Don't sweat the negativity...not all reports have to be good ones. I like the fact that this plant grows with ease, and that the taste and smell are interesting. There is no such thing as bad pot...there are some that are better than others, but for the most part they are all good. This one falls in the moderately good category.

DankBank

Mazar usually looks almost like an "orange" strain... at least most of the Mazar I've seen looked like that. I've heard it's one of those extremely stable strains that always pleases both in high and in yield... but I suppose it's all about preference not to mention the fact that being consistant doesn't eliminate the possibility of you getting a pheno that doesn't live up. Even the most stable strains can occasionally kick out a "less than awesome" pheno.
Yours doesn't look like most of the M's I've seen... but that isn't to say it doesn't look SWEET! Excellent photography and a nice grow job as well. Thanks for sharing.
db

G

ohhh my........ your really encouraging me to get my hands on some Mazar. Great job

Amd

mazar that my friend grew, was very nice lookin sticky most tight nugs i've ever seen....but the high was somehow missing something, like it didnt deliver the full punch or something...very stinky plants i have to say...

G

Nice write up.

I like the part about walking into a florists shop..

G

the afghani#1 and afghani#2 from the mazar-e-shareef region of the middle east that were grown here in the PNW in the early 80s were real nice diesely buds that never got tall but outdoors you'd yield HUGE with em.

this looks pretty similar, you said its afghani x skunk? maybe its that old time afghani crossed to a skunk...

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I grew Mazar for my 1st year.
Love it, I got a chance to smoke some of Oranic Hydros Lemon Pheno Mazar and it smelled and tated just like lemon pledge.

Ummmm you might want to check out Silver Pearl if your looking for a Ladies Strain.
They ask for it by name and I go a Special request to grow it for that reason!

Sin

I'm smoking some 15 month cured Mazar now, it's my last nug of her, and it's breaking my heart knowing she's no-longer in my rotation, good thing this Pheno type is fairly common, as my G/F wants me to grab another 2 - 3 packs of beans and find her again :smile: it truely is a ladies favorite smoke!

Peace

G

I grew Mazar and was very happy with it except for one thing - it gave me the munchies real, real bad. I was fighting not to stuff my face and turn into an elephant woman. I was almost glad when it was gone - my weight fell back to normal range right away. I would mostly recommend this strain to med users who need an appetite stimulant.