What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bushweed's Wollumbin Highland Grow 2010/11

bushweed

Veteran
The western rim of the Wollumbin caldera around Tyalgum isa stunning spot - with kilometre high walls, rolling pastures and a powerful spiritual vibe. It is also the place where Bill Mollison first developed Permaculture gardening.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Love the volcanic nature of the area, the calderas, where dinosaurs used to roam. Probably recent in geological years The alps where I live are uplifted basalt lava fields, no real evidence of calderas or craters. Old geology. But volcanoes would have been involved at some time. These mountains were probably twice the height many years ago. Erosion takes its toll. Wish they were twice the height now.

moonunit

Lovely shots and spot for a grow, great start aswell m8. i especialy love the shots out west and south west, can almost see my old stomping ground up in the mountains :) . I miss the granite bouldering and the classic sandstone further north in the mountains ( used to rock climb alot ). The Fantons( micheal and jude, way back in the day) used to do fantastic work in your region, they where at tuntable and doing great work on the seed saver front( fruits, veges, herbs, flowers) They had an massive heirloom vege collection and where lovers of permaculture aswell. They did a huge ammount for the aussie heirloom vege scene that big companys like diggers get credit for, when it was the grass roots groups like the origional seed savers that we have to thank for the majority of the heirlooms we enjoy today. Lovely region m8, sorry about my rant, its just your photos bring back way old memories :)
much respect
moonunit

bushweed

Veteran
Lovely shots and spot for a grow, great start aswell m8. i especialy love the shots out west and south west, can almost see my old stomping ground up in the mountains :) . I miss the granite bouldering and the classic sandstone further north in the mountains ( used to rock climb alot ). The Fantons( micheal and jude, way back in the day) used to do fantastic work in your region, they where at tuntable and doing great work on the seed saver front( fruits, veges, herbs, flowers) They had an massive heirloom vege collection and where lovers of permaculture aswell. They did a huge ammount for the aussie heirloom vege scene that big companys like diggers get credit for, when it was the grass roots groups like the origional seed savers that we have to thank for the majority of the heirlooms we enjoy today. Lovely region m8, sorry about my rant, its just your photos bring back way old memories :)
much respect
moonunit

No need to apologise mate, most of us have an affinity to this land. This place moves me in such a way - wouldn't surprise me if I was reincarnated from a blackfella. But yeah many good botanists, horticulturalists, and just plain gardeners around here. Byron shire is said to have the highest levels of tertiary educated people in the country. Plenty of pseudo intellectuals:). Hey mate, make sure you let us know when the Zoidfuel's are ready next, love to add a few next year.

The Nimbin haze is looking Thai and has shot ahead of the rest (probably male) and is now showing purple branches (I'm a sucker for purple - colour of the third eye chakra)

picture.php

picture.php

Two of the Mullum Widows are burgeoning nicely
picture.php

picture.php

The third's a little slow
picture.php

As is the first Mango Haze (slow + mutant leaves)
picture.php

but the second is looking healthy
picture.php

I'm germinating some more this week - 3 Mangos, 3 Nimbins, 2 Mullum Widows and championship Kanga is gifting me a couple of Mullum Madness x Mendocino Girls (skunk haze), so all happy here....

Here's a pic of Mount Lindsay (next volcano west) for good measure

picture.php

Craven_au

Post 69 :)

love that sunset pic i have made it my background just can't get it full screen im using win7.

Would love to do a out door this year but my knee is up shit creek walking to the shop sucks

Looking at all them Beautiful pics has fucked me up.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
wow! :D reminds me of the one down my way at airey's inlet where round the twist was filmed lol "strange things happen, are you going 'round the twist?!"

O

orfeas

Hi there, Bushweed downunder, from distant Greece!
Been peeping at your excellent thread (and Kanga's as well) for a while, got sort of addicted.
Judging by your use of language, no wonder your pics are teamed with poetic hues. Loved every shot, they make me feel nostalgic about some of our own niches. Size does make a difference though...
Keep them coming, mate! Thanks a million for sharing!

bushweed

Veteran
Welcome guys. Here's some shots of the southern rim of the Wollumbin caldera. Mullumbimby is in the south eastern corner of the caldera. Nimbin is just behind the south western corner. These pics are predominantly from the southwestern corner, including Mount Burrell and Sphinx rock. This area was also considered sacred ground to the Bunjalung Aboriginals, but tarnished when settlers slaughtered more than a hundred tribal members (men, women & children) at Kunghur Creek in the late 1800s.

picture.php

Burrell
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Atop Burrell with the tip of Sphinx Rock (another Pinnacle) illuminated on the right
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nimbin Rocks is a sacred place
picture.php

Here's the view from the centre of the southern rim behind Doon Doon - looking north west over Mount Warning and the western rim with Doughboy in the foreground.
picture.php

Last edited:

yoss33

Veteran
Beautiful nature :)
And a place where the plants will surely soak some of the magic floating around in the air :)

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Awef-ckinnnammaaazzzinng! i just dont know what else to say!!!
good luck with your grow! And grow for your life mate! lol

Squiggles

Hey Bushy how you been ?
still raining up your way might need to invest in a good set of gumboots
with all the weather you've been copping ;)

cant wait to see your sats in full head will be glorious

much respect
Squiggles...

bushweed

Veteran
Thanks squiggles. Just been admiring your photos over at the other site. I've sort of had a prolonged case of paranoia (too much strong smoke), and a bit lazy, but moved on from there so here's a 6 week update:

The two runts have shot to the front - MMWW
picture.php

Mangoloid Haze
picture.php

Biggest MMWW still charging
picture.php

Nimbin Purple looking a bit scrappy after an overdose of Seasol and urine.
picture.php

but still treasured for the purple stems and Thai structure
picture.php

Both the Mango's have a pleasaing structure
picture.php

Not quite as steroidal as the MMWWs, except the runt MMWW I'm hoping is male
picture.php

Two new additions MM x MG - sorta like Thai x Skunk Haze
picture.php

These will be going in the ground this weekend - astrologically the best time to plant according to the Moon - and yeas a shit load of rain..

More pics later