What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bushweed's Wollumbin Highland Grow 2010/11

bushweed

Veteran
Nice mate...If ya check out the 2009( i think) season grow thread you'll find a photo of a Nimbin sativa at about 6-7ft 4wks from harvest,with moi standing next to it...Sounds like the seed was aquired under similar circumstances and weed!!

Thanks mate, I'll check that out. This will be the first time I've ever grown anything I know the name of lol. But in the past I always managed to find a couple of strong ones amidst the bagseed. And this year the Nimbin Haze has already jumped to the lead in size (hopefully this doesn't portent the arrival of balls), and originated from a bag of very nice smelling, psychotropically cerebral dope.

Photo update later in the week.

ahortator

Veteran
Hello

That spot is amanzingly beautiful you must fell like if you where in the paradise. It is like the Heaven. You are very very lucky.

I wish your weed grows very good there in the forest.

Thank you very much for such wonderful pics.

Greetings

bushweed

Veteran
MM x hash joint last evening. :ying::party::fsu:Supposed to work today...:beat-dead
Plants are growing + getting a couple of hours of fluoro light every night to simulate a 14 hour cycle. The first Mango has been overtaken by the second, the second Mullum Widow has stalled completely, but everything else is flourishing.

MH1 (1st to pop, now 4th largest)
picture.php

MH2 (3rd to pop coming in 3rd)
picture.php

MW1 (2nd to pop, equal largest)
picture.php

MW2 (4th to pop, now smallest)
picture.php

MW3 (last to pop, now vying with MH1 for 4th place)
picture.php

NH (5th to pop, now equal largest with prettiest foliage - pale leaves, fawn stem)
picture.php

Top 2 orange pots are Mangos, other orange pot is Nimbin, black pots are Mullum Widows.

picture.php

Looking forward to germinating some more in 12 days, once the moon is in its next waxing cycle...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
mate id give everything i own to live in an area as beautiful as yours... that is just amazing.. that to me is truly what i call paradise :D

headstone

awwww those seedlings are cute as :jawdrop:

I'm with shroomy, that is paradise and I too would give up everything to be there :)

G

Guest50138

Yeah what shroomy said!!!! what sort of tree is that your standing under? Nice to meet you bushweed .:gday: oldman

bushweed

Veteran
Welcome guys, there's a few remnants of old growth forest around here - that was a giant Strangler fig - sibling of the Moreton Bay fig. My favourite trees are these massive old figs - White fig, Port Jackson fig, Weeping fig etc. In India they paint any large Banyans or Peepul trees (also figs) white - to denote Divinity. They're basically natural temples.

I'm a bit of a pantheist so living here tends to support some of my pagan sensibilities:) I reckon anyone who likes these scenes should move here - a paradise for surfers, tree huggers, smokers and svelte yoga girls!

Here's a shot from the western rim of the old volcano looking back to what's left of the core - Mt.Warning.

picture.php

The ocean's 30ks east of the core.

And another perspective from Above Doon Doon which is just over the range from Mullum:
picture.php

We just finished Mango season a couple of months back and the missus and I ate a couple of perfect ones everyday thanks to a disused orchard a short walk away:) And then there's the biggest avocados imaginable - I know of at least 15 local trees of whose fruit I am the only beneficiary.

Sunshine Coast hinterland 100 ks north of Brisbane is similarly beautiful, but then again there's beautiful natural spots right down the East Coast. I'd still call this the lucky country...:gday:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey bushweed is that anywhere near the glasshouse mountains? i have a lot of family there, it's where my grandparents grew up lol apparently my grandfather climbed each mountain in the glasshouse mountains in a single day back in the 40s-50s

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
wow bushweed that place is amazing, if i won lotto id build a house round there would be an amazing place to live:D if only dreams came true.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I like seeing pics of members home environments. You get a bit sick of looking at cannabis all the time. Whether it's the tropics or the snow or elsewhere. I would love to see central Australia in the mix, the deserts. I used to work in Tully, FNQ, Far North Queensland, don't think my indica would survive there.

bushweed

Veteran
hey bushweed is that anywhere near the glasshouse mountains? i have a lot of family there, it's where my grandparents grew up lol apparently my grandfather climbed each mountain in the glasshouse mountains in a single day back in the 40s-50s

I've lived near the glasshouse mountains - 1 hour north of Brisbane - a very beautiful place with great dope growing conditions and the lava tubes are magnificent. Close to the Woodforde Folk Festival. Gold coast is 1 hour south of Bris. Mullumbimby is 1.5 hours south. Stradbroke Island is one hours east of Brissy and is stunning in the way of the Byron beaches.

Funny thing is Brisbane's a rather plain city. Not a bad place, just a bit boring.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I like seeing pics of members home environments. You get a bit sick of looking at cannabis all the time. Whether it's the tropics or the snow or elsewhere. I would love to see central Australia in the mix, the deserts. I used to work in Tully, FNQ, Far North Queensland, don't think my indica would survive there.
me too ,, really love those volcano pics ,, what an awesome place ..

on the indicas high country , yep they will survive in the right time of year ....

Love the early morning shots there bushweed , looks soo crisp and fresh ...

bushweed

Veteran
Hey Donald, all.

Here's a shot from a friend's window what I'm lookin out of now seeing Brunswick Heads in the distance:

picture.php

Yeah I'm lucky alright I got this highland cow shit I go and collect, it's one of the most relaxing things to do (picking up shit in a paddock). And I'm not bullshitting - it smells like the best heads! It comes from the Hare Krishnas farm at Eungella - bout 25 ks noreast of Mullum in the photo below:

picture.php

I pick it up in great big pizza sized patties, and I carry it on my head in threaded plastic sacks - best way for a coolie to carry it thru rough country - end up getting shit on my head, which I hope might arrest the hair loss. Some of the missus flowers

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The best thing about growing this stuff is the hours spent nurturing and gazing at your plants. Then you sacrifice her to Shiva on a flame of spiritual love and so on.

Kanga reckons I need some lime, chicken shit and rock phosphate to do the job properly with the setup I have now. To me lime and chicken shit sounds like a Thai meal. Ha there's Thai in all the strains I'm growing. I'm hoping to get away with less fertilising is more. I'm too tired to carry all that shit up the top. But I'll sprinkle some of it around.