What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
have you looked into colloidal silver? it would at least give you some beans so you could store the genetics

Yeh I've read some of the threads on colloidal silver generators. It is an interesting option. One day I might try it on some of the mother plants or gibberellic acid. Some seeds of this strain would be useful in case the mums get wiped out by another spider mite attack or disease.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Yep, we will see what a 1000W will do with less plants but FIMMED. These will finish earlier than your SCROG.

I agree that they will finish earlier. I haven't even flipped the switch on mine and 3 of them are 10 week strains but I know my Lemon Skunk will be the first out since they are fast finishers.. The real attention are those TW's and if they perform as expected I'm setting 36 of them on my e&f bed for 12/12 from start.. We have some good times ahead ;)

Are you chopping these gals at 6 weeks like before. I was wondering if you'd like to try letting them go a bit longer? I think you'll like it very much.. :sasmokin:

High Country

Veteran
I agree that they will finish earlier. I haven't even flipped the switch on mine and 3 of them are 10 week strains but I know my Lemon Skunk will be the first out since they are fast finishers.. The real attention are those TW's and if they perform as expected I'm setting 36 of them on my e&f bed for 12/12 from start.. We have some good times ahead ;)

Are you chopping these gals at 6 weeks like before. I was wondering if you'd like to try letting them go a bit longer? I think you'll like it very much.. :sasmokin:
I'm going to see if I can get these girls to go for 7 or 8 weeks, don't know if they will do it. I'll just have to keep my urge to chop under control.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I'm going to see if I can get these girls to go for 7 or 8 weeks, don't know if they will do it. I'll just have to keep my urge to chop under control.

Urge to chop.. Man If I told you about the times I raped mmy plants because I just couldn't wait.. LoL

Very true but if you must then drop a few nugs from each to hold you by.. ;)

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Thanks Relentless, I trim the fan leaves and simply rip any side growth off the clone. This leaves a wound from which roots appear. This wound is soaked in Clonex. The clone is buried deeply in the Hiko tray.

Pretty agricultural method but it works for me. I don't worry about sharp cuts either, I just use the tool I trim the buds with. I don't do cuts under water or anything like that. This strain clones so easily. Wish I could turn one into a male.

I'm going to give this indica strain a name one day, Mountain Mist?

one day randomly when your eating some food make up a strain name with the food your eating. or places youve been anything simple but silly is good to make a new name for a noname lol.,

High Country

Veteran
one day randomly when your eating some food make up a strain name with the food your eating. or places youve been anything simple but silly is good to make a new name for a noname lol.,

How about steak and chips?

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
lol steak n chips mmmm, wat does it remind u of when u smoke it man? that could give you some ideas, taste texture smoothness smell anything that stands out about this plant to you that could work :D.

High Country

Veteran
14 DAYS OF 12/12, HERE'S A SOG UPDATE

14 DAYS OF 12/12, HERE'S A SOG UPDATE

I turned the light off for a little while, clearer pictures. It will not hurt the plants. Just have to turn it off long enough so it cools and restarts properly.

The clones I took recently off the mums are nice and perky so everything is going along just fine.

I THINK THE FIM WORKED, COLAS EVERYWHERE, THIS WILL BE A PAIN TRIMMING

picture.php

PISTILS POPPING OUT EVERYWHERE

picture.php

HELLO PRETTY GIRL, WHAT'S YOUR NAME, SHAGS?

picture.php

BELOW THE JUNGLE

picture.php

Did a res change, new bloom nutes are in, EC now at 1.8. Res temp 24C, room temp about the same

I wonder if these pretty little things will go longer than the normal 6 weeks? We shall see.

The stretch is on but should stop in a week or so then they will just get fat.

I might do a bubble bag run with these things one day must look into getting some. I'm pretty sure this strain will make excellent hash.

Trichomes should be showing soon.

High Country

Veteran
Nice strain HC,
I remember her budding the same way on the last grow..

Yep, you switch to 12/12 and they start to flower almost immediately. The mums are always putting out pre-flowers on 18/6. I'm not too keen on these multiple cola plants though.

The thought of all the trimming is not something I am looking forward to. Think I might just stick to the old single cola style of SOG next time, much easier to trim.

But I don't mind trying something different every now and then. Might even do an outdoor one next summer and see their
full potential.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
those buds look so different from the norm! love it, and the leaves have really prominent ridges on them! nice stuff

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
do you find that single cola sog style plants get thicker cola's compared to the multi branch ones? or do they just get taller with a similar width?

High Country

Veteran
do you find that single cola sog style plants get thicker cola's compared to the multi branch ones? or do they just get taller with a similar width?

Hello Darwin, I really don't know, I have always grown single cola SOG's. This is my first grow with multiple colas on each plant except for the mums where I want lot's of branches for lots of clones..

However I would suggest the single cola style is more productive having all the energy directed to one main cola and it is quicker, no veg time needed.

Plants stay small, top to bottom bud in single cola 12/12 style, quick turn around, especially with this indica strain.

These should not get any taller than the normal single cola style but I notice the light penetration seems to be far better with the single cola style even under a 1000W lamp.

We shall see.

Latest posts

Latest posts